Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM

Maddog80 knows what's in an order marker Maddog80 knows what's in an order marker
Dear C3G Team - General Feedback and Appreciation

C3G Team,

Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I’ve really enjoyed your work. Superhero scape has become my number one gaming hobby. Due to trying to stay in shape, coaching, doing home improvements, and raising two children under 3, I just don’t have the time to play test or create enough cards to cover all of my favorite characters. C3G has not only done an outstanding job at producing professional looking cards, but has also done so in a way in which each card is balanced and fun to play. My group still tends to favor classic scape over superscape for our game nights, but I enjoy collecting and preparing my C3G roster for the few nights we do get to have superhero battles. Here is some feedback for the awesome C3G crew:

Top ten favorite designs (at the moment):
  • All the Green and Yellow Lanterns – power batteries are such a cool mechanic
  • Riddler – messing with other players is so much fun!
  • Deathstroke – defense ability is super cool
  • Spider-Man – really captured the theme of this character
  • Incredible Hulk – again, theme captured very well
  • Anti-Monitor – very cool design in that he allows for strategy instead of just brute strength
  • Darkseid – I like the way this guy plays
  • Hercules – very unique way to depict what is essentially a simple character
  • Solomon Grundy – important decisions must be made by both players when he is used
  • Kingpin – I’m a fan of the crimelord types

Designs I’d like to see an alternate version of:
  • Superman – always picked by my group but often ends makes the end of the game boring
  • Magneto – I feel like he should either be more powerful or rely less on dice rolls to be effective
  • Fantastic Four – Too much synergy needed, if they are not together Reed isn’t as fun
  • Silver Surfer/Thanos/Venom/Abomination – I’d like to see the C3G interpretation of these characters. Hopefully SS and will be a beast and there is lots of potential for Thanos
  • Iron Man – something around 300 points with various attack options would be cool
  • Batman – I’d like a version with more versatility

Designs I’d like to see that haven’t been released yet:
  • Juggernaut
  • Cyborg Superman – as Manhunter Grandmaster
  • Superman Prime – as an event hero
  • Yellow Lanterns Lyssa Drak, Scarecrow, and Bizzaro Yellow Lantern – I like the lantern designs!
  • Bizzaro – I think this could be an interesting design
  • Hawkeye – to add to the Avengers ranks
  • Red Lanterns – besides atrocitus most of these could be generic (like the Sinestro Corps Soldier)
  • Sinister Six/Sindicate - we could use some low point criminal types

My favorite battles:
  • Sinestro Corps v Green Lantern Corps
  • JLA v Avengers
  • Avengers v Masters of Evil (Avengers enemies)
  • Kree v Skrull
  • Vigilantes and lawmen v crime lords and criminals
  • X-Men v Brotherhood

Preferred cards: comic book art

Proxies used: I don’t always use the C3G recommended sculps if newer versions look better. I use these instead of the official sculps: Sinestro SR from DC75, Superman from SM, Blob from GSX, Mystique form GSX, Madame Hydra from CA, Manhunters from AA, Batman from JL, Solomon Grundy from AA, Thor from HoT, Clark Ken/Bruce Wayne/Dianna Troy/Jessica Jones as Civilians, Hal Jordan from Crisis, John Stewart from DC75, Parademons from DC75, Riddler form AA, and Sub-Mariner from SI

Optional rules used: knock-back

Optional rules not used: destructible objects (we just saw objects add one die to attack to an adjacent enemy/one time use)

Maps used: usually my own creation of something symmetrical and not too complicated.

Preferred format: Each player gets a faction to pick their team (keeps games more thematic)

Why I’m lucky: My wife enjoys scape. However, with a new baby in the house it’s rare that we are both free and awake enough to play each other.

With much appreciation,
MD80

PS – I wasn’t sure where to post this, hopefully I won’t get crucified for starting a new thread!
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dear C3G Team - General Feedback and Appreciation

I think you're in luck, MD80! Most of the characters you want updated versions of are on the way!

The exceptions that I can think of are the F4... as far as I know, there are no current plans to make 'individual' versions of them. I'm in the same boat as you. The F4 team plays perfectly together, but I'd like to see versions draftable by themselves. Johnny can be drafted by himself though, he just might be a bit harder to get his points worth out of.

I'd love to see a slightly less nautical Namor myself. Also a slightly more mature, leader-of-mutants Cyclops.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; November 3rd, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Superman, Magneto, Silver Surfer, Abomination, and Iron Man all have variations in the works, you won't be disappointed.

Juggernaut, Cyborg Superman, Bizzaro, Hawkeye, Sinister Six are all completed in our sanctum. Well except the last member of the Sinister 6. It's more like the Sinister 5 for now.

Bizzaro is one of my favoritres of those.

I have the Red Lanterns (Atrocious and Guy Gardner) drafted and unfortunately I probably won't get to LD them till later next year. I will also say that I have interest in more independent Fan4 designs, but it will probably be a while before I draft/design any.

Except for the part that I have the Red Lanterns, this isn't anything the public doesn't already know. There is a thread around here somewhere that lists every figure that has gone through public playtesting.

EDIT: Another couple I plan to do alternative versions for are Colossus and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler needs a Teleport Carry power and Colossus is overcosted and reliant on figures with Healing Factor X IMO.

Last edited by tcglkn; November 3rd, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome! Love to hear feedback like this!

BTW, I don't think you're on my birthday list. When your birthday comes around, we send you a C3G birthday card of an upcoming release! PM me with your birthday and email address and I'll put you on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
EDIT: Another couple I plan to do alternative versions for are Colossus and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler needs a Teleport Carry power and Colossus is overcosted and reliant on figures with Healing Factor X IMO.
I totally agree with these two. Every time I try to use Collossus, I end up throwing Wolverine one time, and then Collossus sits around sucking up a whole bunch of points. And Teleport Carry would be fun.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm sure there is a good way to get your points back out of Colossus, but I just haven't gotten the strategy down. Maybe throwing Civillians.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, if you're not going up against Special Attacks, Colossus is quite the tank. He's just a little slow.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

+rep to the OP! That was a fantastic read.

I have better luck with Colossus, so he tends to earn his points on his own for me, even without using the Fastball.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great stuff! Thanks for your positive feedback, Maddog, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying our stuff so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog80 View Post
Designs I’d like to see an alternate version of:
  • Superman – always picked by my group but often ends makes the end of the game boring
  • Magneto – I feel like he should either be more powerful or rely less on dice rolls to be effective
  • Fantastic Four – Too much synergy needed, if they are not together Reed isn’t as fun
  • Silver Surfer/Thanos/Venom/Abomination – I’d like to see the C3G interpretation of these characters. Hopefully SS and will be a beast and there is lots of potential for Thanos
  • Iron Man – something around 300 points with various attack options would be cool
  • Batman – I’d like a version with more versatility
An alternate version of Magneto should come in 2011, alternate versions of Iron Man, Superman, Abomination, Venom, and Batman should come in 2012. An alternate version of Silver Surfer is done, but not sure when he'll come out yet. Thanos is in the works eventually. No plans for another version of the Fan Four now (GreyOwl and I LDed the first batch, so that's my take on them! If alternatives are coming, they'll have to come from someone else). I do think that expansions to the Scientist/Adventurer faction give them more and more playability outside of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog80 View Post
Designs I’d like to see that haven’t been released yet:
  • Juggernaut
  • Cyborg Superman – as Manhunter Grandmaster
  • Superman Prime – as an event hero
  • Yellow Lanterns Lyssa Drak, Scarecrow, and Bizzaro Yellow Lantern – I like the lantern designs!
  • Bizzaro – I think this could be an interesting design
  • Hawkeye – to add to the Avengers ranks
  • Red Lanterns – besides atrocitus most of these could be generic (like the Sinestro Corps Soldier)
  • Sinister Six/Sindicate - we could use some low point criminal types
Juggernaut should happen in 2011. Cyborg Superman (a version of him, anyway) is done and will be released in 2012 - same with Bizarro and Hawkeye and the Sinister Six.
We definitely have plans for Red Lanterns. Superman Prime and those other Yellow Lanterns we don't have cemented plans for right now, but I'd love to see them all as well.
And we don't get on people for starting new threads in this part of the site. We're laid back like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
+rep to the OP! That was a fantastic read.

I have better luck with Colossus, so he tends to earn his points on his own for me, even without using the Fastball.
I think what I bolded there is the key. I know that's his main flavor power, but the Fastball is the cherry on top. If you're relying on that to get his points, you're wasting your time. It's a power that should be used tactically (throwing Wolverine up to height where he couldn't easily get otherwise) and sparingly (if it's a chance to finish off a big baddie that has a high defense). Otherwise, though, if you just move him along and use that beastly normal attack of his, Colossus is valuable in any army build. He's also really hard for normal attacks to take out, so he's a good meat shield for Prof X and some of the more glass jawed Mutants he might align himself with.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM

Maddog80 knows what's in an order marker Maddog80 knows what's in an order marker

Tickle, are you referring to the list of unreleast figures? I've seen the list and have ordered a bunch of the minis

All, We've played Colossus about four times and he always seemed to be worth the points. Generally this is because he requires a strategy or pile of attacks to take him down. He attack is high enough that you can't just ignore him...at least this is what we have found in our games. Nightcrawler is not very competetive, but he doesn't use-up too many points either.

I'm interested in what other C3G fans have to say about proxies, maps, scenarios etc. You guys deserve the feedback.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

An alternate version of Magneto should come in 2011, alternate versions of Iron Man, Superman, Abomination, Venom, and Batman should come in 2012. An alternate version of Silver Surfer is done, but not sure when he'll come out yet. Thanos is in the works eventually. No plans for another version of the Fan Four now (GreyOwl and I LDed the first batch, so that's my take on them! If alternatives are coming, they'll have to come from someone else). I do think that expansions to the Scientist/Adventurer faction give them more and more playability outside of each other.
Oh for sure, and as I said before, the way the F4 interacts is perfect. But I'd like to see solitaire versions of some of them, too. Thing in particular is someone who often cruises by himself and with other teams but is darned hard to get your points worth out of in C3Gscape if he isn't with his family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy