Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Marro Hive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
I'm considering using the Hive in my next tournament. Other than figures with Special Attacks that affect adjacent targets (DW 9K), what else should I worry about?
Anything that's long-reaching and strong. Long range, Stealth Flying, etc. Your Hive can't move onto height and it only has 2 defense, so you want to stop it from getting attacked at all.
There's almost always a better use of 160 points in a tournament.

The Hive would have to bring back 7-8 Stingers during a game to make its points, and the OM flexibility is hampered by its vulnerability.
And it's line of sight, so be aware of any LOS blockers on the board.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I was wondering, when it says 12 clear sight spaces, does that mean 12 spaces from a figure including height when counting the spaces or not including height?
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
I was wondering, when it says 12 clear sight spaces, does that mean 12 spaces from a figure including height when counting the spaces or not including height?
It's like counting range. It's up to 12 hexes, ignoring height, from the Hive. Of course, the Hive has to be able to see some part of the figures (even the tip of a gun works), but that's not usually a problem.

Old January 11th, 2014, 01:12 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Synergy update for the Gnids?
Old January 11th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGNAROK View Post
Marro Gnids are customs, and thus not updated in the main books.
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
I still think this figure has one of the sculpt concepts imagined. The Entire Marro faction has some great looking units. They usually are a hot commodity here. Fine by me, it means Anti-Marro units are even better

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 11th, 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:18 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
My bad. It's so easy for me to mix them up.
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
My bad. It's so easy for me to mix them up.
I'll take that as a compliment to C3V. As someone who was involved in bringing the Gnids to life, thank you!

Old January 12th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'll take that as a compliment to C3V. As someone who was involved in bringing the Gnids to life, thank you!
Thank you guys! All the VC stuff is so good.
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:39 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Speaking of the above C3V synergy, if I were to forgo a couple of Drone or Stingers squads in a higher-points game, I could see the Gnids as a decent deterrent to opponents sending a big hero forward to target the Hive.

Realistically though, more commonly I see ranged common squads filling that role.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:53 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marro Hive
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 25th, 2017, 09:55 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

If i am playing a 2 v 2 can my teammates hive regenerate my troops.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units