Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 27th, 2011, 11:17 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nebraska Multiplayer Madness

When:
June 4th
Where: St. Paul's Lutheran Church - 13271 Millard Ave Omaha, NE 68137. We will be playing in the Youth Center again like with the Skirmish. Enter by the south doors by the Ten Commandments / B Attitudes sign. Turn Right as you enter and head downstairs.
Time: 10:30
Entry Fee: Booster or game product of equal value +$1

Rounds will not be timed. I as TD though still hold the right to call a 5 minute warning if a game is taking too long. I don't foresee that happening though.

Tournament Format

Quote:
Players will compete on three or four player maps in a free for all battle. During the battle, players will score points for every figure they destroy. If a unit figure is killed, the player receives points for the individual unit using fractional scoring. If a hero is killed, the player inflicting the killing blow receives all the points for that hero, regardless of who inflicted any previous wounds. Battles will rage until only one player has units left. At that point, the player with units remaining will receive points equal to half his remaining units.

At the end of the match, the points for each player will be totaled up. Players will then receive "tournament points" based on their result as follows:

4 player game:
1st: 6 tournament points
2nd: 4 tournament points
3rd: 2 tournament points
4th: 0 tournament points

3 player game:
1st: 6 tournament points
2nd: 3 tournament points
3rd: 0 tournament points

After four rounds, the player with most tournament points will be declared the winner. Points received from each battle (the actual points of units killed) will be kept track of and used as tie-breakers.
Army Construction
Quote:
Each player will command a retinue. This will represent a particular hero and his bodyguards. Here are the rules for army construction:
1. Each army must contain at least 1 hero between 50 and 150 points (figures above 150 points are not allowed)
2. Each army must contain at least one squad.
3. Armies will total 350 points.
4. Maps will limit army size to 14 hexes
5. No army may contain Marcu Esenwein
6. No Marvel
7. If your army is from all one General you may select a Treasure Glyph from the list below to start each game with. Valkrill will be considered Utgar.
  • Whetstone of Venom (Poison)
  • Cloak of Invisibility (No Hit Zone)
  • Ring of Protection (+3 Defense)
  • Elixir of Speed (+4 Move)
  • Bracers of Teleportation (10 move same level)
Maps
Downloads for maps can be found in Dignans Multiplayer Maps thread.
Quote:
Basalt Cathedral

Glyphs: 2 Wound

Jungle Rot

Glyphs: 2 Wound. Treasure

Kampfzone

Glyphs: 2 Wound 2 Move. Treasure

Fight in the Shade

Glyphs: 3 Wound. Treasure

A Twist of Fate

Glyphs: 3 Wound

... to Grandmother's house we go

Glyphs: 3 Wound. Others Treasure
Quote:
Treasure Glyphs
Trap - Slippery Glyph: Choose an opponent. That player may move the glyph up to three spaces away (ignoring elevation). The glyph must end on an empty space.
  • Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
  • Heroic Rune (attack +1)
  • Talsiman of Defense (defense +1)
  • Potion of Healing (temp – remove 3 wounds)
  • Scarab of Invulnerability (temp - ignore wounds)
FAQ

Quote:
1. What happens when I kill my own figure (falling, lava, etc)?
A. If it is a squad figure, it is simply removed and no one scores points for it. If it is a wounded hero, the last opponent to wound it gets all the points for it (unless you were the only player to wound it).

2. Who gets points for a figure killed by counterstrike?
A. The samurai's player gets the point when counterstrike kills a figure.

3. If my Wolves of Badru fail a pounce and are killed, who gets the points?
A. The defending player gets the points if he survives a pounce.

4. What does zombies' Rise Again and Marro Warrior's Water Clone do for point scoring?
A. Figures coming back to the board from death work the same as they do in a regular game. Everytime they are killed they give points to the player killing them, regardless of them coming back.

5. How many significant digits are we using for partial card scoring?
A. Fractional scoring rounds to the nearest whole number (.5 rounds down) A single 10th would be worth 19 points. Each kill is counted separately so if 4 10th are killed from an Explosion type attack you would score 76 points.
With the selected maps we will be able to accommodate 21 players. If more players sign up we will need assistance with extra maps.

Attendees:
1. stubobj
2. CrazyAngel
3. twotongues
4. Raider30
5. Matthias
6. Matthias Daughter
7. Fomox
8. Fomox's Son
9. Tiny Timmy
10.JUSTchris
11. Raider30 son 1
12. Raider30 son 2
13. Omahavice
14. Omahavice Daughter
15. Iowa_Scaper
16. Iowa_Scaper wife
17. Obsidian
18. Shockma
19. Alex
20. ET86
21. adama
22. fromthend
23. SinerG
24. SinerG friend
25. Ryan
26. Ian
27. Aaron

Maybe
Jared
Deadeye
Wisp
Deliverymanxas

Thanks Dignan for having such awesome Multiplayer maps and already having a good set of rules for this type of event.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; June 1st, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Nebraska Multiplayer Madness

So this is a "Let's all kill Matthias first" tournament?

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How are you going to avoid the diplomacy aspect of multiplayer games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
A. If it is a squad figure, it is simply removed and no one scores points for it. If it is a wounded hero, the last player to wound it gets all the points for it (unless you were the only player to wound it).
Based on this answer, if I kill my own hero with an attack then I get all of the points for it. Is that correct? Should the bold word above be "opponent" instead of "player"?

Old March 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

No army may contain Marcu Esenwein
Well met!

Not that I ever field him (after he betrayed me on 2 consecutive turns at the beginning of the first game I ever used him), but why the ban?
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are Marvel figures allowed...and by that I mean, is Venom allowed?

Old March 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
So this is a "Let's all kill Matthias first" tournament?
Anything to knock you off your high horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
I didnt plan on avoiding it at all. I was curious to see how this would play out. Although if others feel like this could be a serious problem we can add a clause to the rules. Something like:

In a 3 Player game you must attack the opponent to your left until you kill 100pts. In a 4 player game you must attack the opponent diagonal from you.

Whats others opinions on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
A. If it is a squad figure, it is simply removed and no one scores points for it. If it is a wounded hero, the last player to wound it gets all the points for it (unless you were the only player to wound it).
Based on this answer, if I kill my own hero with an attack then I get all of the points for it. Is that correct? Should the bold word above be "opponent" instead of "player"?
I think we may need to change that to opponent. I think it would be a little cheesy to kill your own hero for the points but as written it is a legal move. Nice catch thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:

Well met!

Not that I ever field him (after he betrayed me on 2 consecutive turns at the beginning of the first game I ever used him), but why the ban?
With the amount of wounds glyphs on the maps Marcu would be almost an auto inclusion to armies. Marcu would significantly nullify the Wound and I like the idea of the wound glyph to speed up the mulitplayer games.

Quote:
Are Marvel figures allowed...and by that I mean, is Venom allowed?
Since, as you mentioned, Venom would be the only Marvel that would be allowed, we will not be allowing Marvel for this event.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think we may need to change that to opponent. I think it would be a little cheesy to kill your own hero for the points but as written it is a legal move. Nice catch thanks.
Well, there goes my DW7000, DW800, Nakita Agents army. I should have kept my mouth shut and gotten a free 350 points every game.

Old March 28th, 2011, 07:24 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

I thought I'd chime in on this thread as I've run this event three times in Dallas.

Quote:
Diplomacy plays a large part in the game. Table talk is very high at our events. One of the large drawbacks to many multiplayer affairs is that people get ganged up on and have no chance of winning (through no fault of their own). This format uses a point scoring system that favors aggressive moves and the ability to kill figures when you have a chance. While the possibility of ganging up on a player exists, the point system allows the ganged up player a chance to win (if he can kill enough of the units coming at him before he is knocked out).

I've won several matches of this format after being ganged up on. Many times I've been the first one knocked out, but had racked up enough points to secure the victory. When you get ganged up on, you typically have a greater chance of reaching your full attack potential with squads (albeit for a shorter length of time). I won't pretend that the format is perfect, but I think it does a reasonable job of creating a fun and "fair" multiplayer event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Well met!

The ban on Marcu was a new wrinkle to this year's event. One of our favorite aspects of multiplayer free-for-alls is the wound glyph (it's featured heavily in my multiplayer maps). The mechanic of assigning the wound to one of two or three opponents is really fun in a free for all. However, at the second event, we started to see Marcu in too many builds just to absorb wounds (and defeat the purpose of much of the map design). In the end, we were fine with just banning Marcu so we could have more fun with the wound glyph.

Quote:
Oops! You're correct, it should read "opponent". Players were never able to secure points for themselves by killing your own figures.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Let me make sure I'm getting this because I thought I was until Dignan posted (those Texas guys are confusing! ).

You get tournament points based on how long you last, and you get points for killing units, correct?

But instead of Win / Loss record, it's the tournament points (how long you lasted) that determine the overall winner, correct? Only if there's a tie does the points killed come into play, correct?

So it doesn't really matter if I killed more units than anybody else but was always the first eliminated right? I would still be in last place, right?

Dignan kind of made it sound like even if you get ganged up on and eliminated first as long as you kill enough you'll be ok. Maybe I just missed something? It's probably obvious, but I guess the lack of sleep from a newborn is getting to me, because I don't see it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
You get tournament points based on how long you last, and you get points for killing units, correct?
How long you last isn't as important as how many points you kill. If I get ganged up on and am out of the game before round 3 starts, but killed more points than any other player, I win. And by win, I mean that I get 6 Tournament Points for that match. We'll keep track of the points I killed in case there is a tie on Tournament Points.
Quote:
But instead of Win / Loss record, it's the tournament points (how long you lasted)
You get tournament points based on how many points you killed in relation to everyone else in that game, not how long you lasted.

Old March 29th, 2011, 10:37 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Let me make sure I'm getting this because I thought I was until Dignan posted (those Texas guys are confusing! ).

But instead of Win / Loss record, it's the tournament points (how long you lasted) that determine the overall winner, correct? Only if there's a tie does the points killed come into play, correct?

So it doesn't really matter if I killed more units than anybody else but was always the first eliminated right? I would still be in last place, right?

Dignan kind of made it sound like even if you get ganged up on and eliminated first as long as you kill enough you'll be ok. Maybe I just missed something? It's probably obvious, but I guess the lack of sleep from a newborn is getting to me, because I don't see it.
Sorry for making things more confusing (that wasn't my intent). Obsidian has it right. The amount of points you kill is what determines who "wins" that match. You are then awarded tournament points based on how you finished relative to those at your table (the person killing the most gets 6 points). Order of elimination doesn't matter.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events