Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Everyone is saying "I'm sick of Marro", or "The Marro are done". I disagree. I think there needs to be at least one squad that flies, with insect wings on their backs. It would make sense to release these soon, as the Marro MS is the current one, but a break may be called for. Maybe they could see the light of day when ranged fliers in squad form become a part of the game, assuming that day ever comes. If not, melee fliers would be cool.

Also, I would request a Hivelord that actually has synergy with the hive besides the Su-Bak-Na rebirth +1 bonus. Maybe an attack and/or defense boost?

Scarabs never get mentioned, but would be a natural choice for a swarm of predators that bond with a mummy squad.

Jason and the Argonauts! More figures from Greek Mythology to augment those greeks!

For my own figure, I suggest Wizards send a personal trainer. I'd ask for Gabrielle Reese, but there would be dire consequences!
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart
If you want to know what Ullar's Protectors are read Thormun's Journal.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Ok, new itemized list to summarize possible ideas, many of these may be repeats of previous suggestions.

Vydar:

Gorillanator Cutters- Gorillas with chainsaws or plasma sword/light-sabers if we go the energy/plasma sword rout have a battery pack on their backs with a cord that goes into the bottom of the weapons hilt.

Elder Kong- Big king kong style hero with a shoulder mounted machine gun, Powers would be carry and throw as well as perhaps some manner of climbing ability that can get him up on a castle wall, has a max hight limit of about 20.

Gangster hero #1- Has a tommy gun, and a pistol, with a tommy gun special attack(Think rapid fire special attack) Sports a pinstripe suit and matching fedora.

Gangster hero #2- Lead thug(Big burly guy like in the Indiana Jones movies) , has a shotgun blast special attack of four but normal attack rang or one with six dice. Work shirt and suspenders with a period hat to match the 1920s thug theme.

Gangster thug group- Miscellaneous thugs, also fitting the 1920s dock workers thing, suspenders and overalls all around with bonding for the Gangster heroes, these guys are a melee group armed with such things as pipe wrenches, chains, crowbars, and some odd lead pipe.

Goblin Miners- Vydar has no bonders and nothing says swarmer more than a bunch of crazed goblins. Armed with shovels and pick axes. Special power ideas 1)Horde movement: Just like zombie hoard movement only for 8 goblins instead of six(Yes they move faster and they would be squads of four) 2) Goblin swarm special attack, range 1, attack 0, when using Goblin swarm special attack add one to the attack for every goblin adjacent to the target(Including the goblin you are attacking with) Goblin Miners would also have only one attack.

Goblin on a steam powered mech- Stronger attack and defense than goblins and goes with the idea that goblins are smaller weaker orcs but slightly more intelligent. Would have an over extend attack. Would also have a special power called "Boiler Boom" which inflicts one damage to all adjacent figures by destroying the Goblin on a mech, Boiler Boom can only be used when the figure has one life left or when the figure is destroyed.

Keg Goblin- Common Hero, has a keg of explosive powder on his back
Boom, When Keg Goblin is destroyed before removing figure from the board roll four attack dice All figures adjacent to the Keg Goblins figure roll defense Dice separately. This is treated as a special attack.
"Fire in da hole!" special attack, Before moving select an adjacent destructible object and then move. Roll four attack dice. all figures adjacent to the destructible object roll defense dice separately. The destructible object does not roll any defense dice against this attack and all skulls rolled count as one aditional wound against the destructible object.

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:00 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
1.more ullar elves
2.more ullar monks
3.more ullar vipers

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Here are some of the things I'd like to see:

1. Fast, Melee figures with Stealth Dodge.
2. Elvish Swordsmen (WOA don't count).
3. Tigers/Weretigers of some kind.

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I have a big list on what I would like to see, but the one I want to see the most are Indians (Any kind - Native Americans, Aztec, Mayans, etc.)
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart
I support the large King Kong primadon as well

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM

ullardefeatsall2 has disabled reputation
how about dwarven archers.

I'm happy if your happy.
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Lets not forget having some Mellee Gorilinators, Perhaps armed with energy swords or some manner of chainsaw?
Brilliant! These could be worked in easily.

1. Gorilinators, Melee version
2. Raptorians (aren't they mentioned in the monkey's bio?)

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Could someone please update the summary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Could someone please update the summary?
You know, this is a lot of work. I now know why Wytefang hasn't got around to it. Exactly how do you classify all of the random requests? It be hard. I make no claim that this list is accurate, feel free to do your own summary. It is current as of the last post in this thread.

After thinking about it I have decided that it really isn't worth our while to post everything, so I have selected the top 51 requests (all of which have got five votes or more). I also have grouped a lot of requests. For example there is an "animals" group in my list. Very popular but any particular animal has at most four requests. Notice that classes include sub-classes. For example the number of requests for "Kyries, all" includes the 5 votes for "Kyries, Proctectors of Ullar."

Unit or Unit Type …….. Number of Requests
1 ) Animals, all types (EDIT: not including war elephant)…….. 30
2 ) Kyre, all types …….. 29
3 ) War elephant …….. 27
4 ) Army, Modern or Special Forces Soldiers …….. 25
5 ) Elves, all types …….. 24
6 ) Soulborgs, all …….. 22
7 ) Vipers, all types …….. 21
8 ) Skeletons, all types …….. 20
9 ) Native Americans, both as Heroes and common squads (EDIT: not including Central Americans)…….. 19
10 ) Orcs of all types …….. 18
10 ) Pirates …….. 18
10 ) War Machines or Siege Engines (Catapult, Ballista, Battering Ram, etc…) …….. 18
13 ) Dwarves, all types …….. 17
13 ) Samurai, all types …….. 17
15 ) Gladiator common squad with Sparticus bonding …….. 16
16 ) Archer, Longbow, medieval/English/knights/weston/viking …….. 15
16 ) Viper Ranged Squad (Spitting Cobras, for example) …….. 15
18 ) Dragon, all types (squads, miniature, riders, asian) …….. 14
19 ) Army, WWll Japan/Nazis/American/British Commandos …….. 13
19 ) Mythological creatures (in general or specific myths, Arthurian/Norse/Greek) …….. 13
21 ) Dreadgulls …….. 12
22 ) Central Americans: Aztec/Mayan/Inca …….. 11
23 ) Goblin …….. 9
23 ) Spartans & Spartan hero …….. 9
25 ) Army, Civil War …….. 8
25 ) Centaur Heroes or squads …….. 8
25 ) Gorrilanators …….. 8
25 ) Mobsters/gangsters, all types …….. 8
25 ) Orcs on Dinosaurs (on Pterodactyls or Ceratops, etc…) …….. 8
25 ) Samurai Calvary …….. 8
31 ) Amazons …….. 7
31 ) Ents or Treefolk …….. 7
31 ) Minotaurs …….. 7
31 ) Ninja Common Squads …….. 7
35 ) Army, Knights, all (Black, Heroes, Ranged, Flails) …….. 6
35 ) Cowboys, maybe Texas Rangers …….. 6
35 ) Dragon, Asian (chinese, japanese, etc.) …….. 6
35 ) Elementals (Earth, Fire, Wind & Water) …….. 6
35 ) Giants …….. 6
35 ) Necromancers or Liche (Egyptian or other races) …….. 6
35 ) Trolls …….. 6
35 ) Zombies, Shamans, Squads, or Every kind you can dream of. …….. 6
35 ) Zulu Warriors (spearmen with shields) …….. 6
44 ) Army, WWI soldiers (all sides) …….. 5
44 ) Assassin, maybe hashshashin …….. 5
44 ) Kyrie, Protectors of Ullar …….. 5
44 ) Lizardmen units …….. 5
44 ) Motorcycle biker gang squad, …….. 5
44 ) Police (SWAT, ect.) …….. 5
44 ) Soulborgs Antique …….. 5
44 ) Wizards …….. 5

And a little bit of analysis.
20 of these 51 types of units seem to be basically requests to expand types of units that are already in HS. Translation: Keep up the good work.
20 are requests for more fantasy units.
17 are requests for more historical units.
5 are requests for more modern units.
3 are requests for more Sci-Fi units, but all of these are expansions on unit types already in HS.

I should note that as far as specific units go (not types of unit) the undeniable winner is the War Elephant.

Kevin
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:01 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Kroc,

Thank you so much for your hard work. However, I did notice at least two flaws, on particular units that I have been monitoring with interest.

Biker Gangs has 5 votes on the original summary page and I know at least two people have voted for them since then.

"Space Marines" had 2 votes on the original summary page, and I'm pretty sure there have been at least 3 votes for them since then. You may have included them with modern soldiers, but there is a slight difference, as they are more sci-fi types, popularized by Aliens, Halo, Star Wars and Starship Troopers, among others.

Also, it's a little confusing having two categories, such as "Dragons, all types" with Asian dragons being included in that, and then another separate category for Asian Dragons. Were they included or not? Same thing with Vipers (all) and Ranged Vipers. And a few other categories like Native Americans (all) and does that include Mayans/Aztecs/Incas? And is the elephant included in Animals (all) or do you mean unmounted, unintelligent animals (and not including fictional creatures)? Maybe "Wild Animals (all non-fiction types, unmounted)", would be a more specific category title. Anyway, those were just some questions I was asking myself when reading through it.

Again, I don't mean to be negative. I appreciate the hard work. Summarizing "desired terrain features" has been a chore for me, and the figure suggestion thread is significantly more active.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion