Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 20th, 2017, 11:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

CANCELED

DATE:
March 18th, 2017
TIME: 10am to mid- or late-afternoon
FORMAT: Reverse Draft, 540 points, 18 figures
MAPS: We don't plan any particular maps ahead of time, but this spreadsheet lists some maps we have used in the past (and are likely to use again)
PRICE: Free
NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! Figures will be provided for players that do not have their own collection.

C3V and SoV figures are allowed.

To play in this event, bring an army of at most 540 points. A maximum of 18 figures can be placed at the start of the game.

The format for each game is kill 'em all, however, before each game there will be a reverse draft:
  • Begin with a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses one of the armies (theirs, or their opponent's) and says they want to play with that army.
  • The loser of the dice-off either agrees to let the dice-off winner play with that army, or removes at least one figure from that army and says they want to play with it.
  • The players go back and forth, removing additional figure(s) from the chosen army each time, until one player passes and lets the other player use it.
  • The player who passes plays the army that was not chosen in the first step (at full strength).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; March 16th, 2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old February 5th, 2017, 01:27 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Maps Commonly used in Colorado Events

--
--
--

--
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Any other regulars going to make it to this one? @Rosencrantz ? @Tyesheron ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
DATE: February 25th, 2017
TIME: 10am to mid- or late-afternoon
FORMAT: Pooled Draft
MAPS: We don't plan any particular maps ahead of time, but this spreadsheet lists some maps we have used in the past (and are likely to use again)
PRICE: Free
NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! Figures will be provided for players that do not have their own collection.
ATTENDING
1. capsocrates (Michael C.)
2. dok (Adam T.)
3. Jeff J.
4. Skylar B.
5. Tom M.
6. +1 caps's coworker

MAYBE ATTENDING
kpucblek (Chris B.)
+4 caps's co-workers (and kids)
+? Skylar's friends

For this event, each player will bring a draft pool.

C3V and SoV figures are allowed.

Rules for your draft pool:
  • Minimum of 600 points; maximum of 700 points (VC units allowed, no Marvel).
  • Maximum of 30 figures total for your draft pool.
  • No duplicate uniques.
  • No single card in your pool can account for more than 18 figures.
Each game, your draft pool will be combined with your opponent's draft pool to form one large draft pool that both players draft out of. Any duplicate uniques will be eliminated from the pool.
The winner of the dice-off will pick first.
The person who picks first chooses a starzone and gets one pick on their first turn. After this, the players get two picks each turn. (1 pick for player 1, then 2 picks for player 2, then 2 picks for player 1, etc)
For each pick, you choose a single card's worth of figures and place it in your startzone (unless you draft Airborne/Rechets).
Players continue drafting until they pass or until they have no options within the 425 point limit. A player may draft more than 24 figures, but may not place more than 24 figures on the board. Once a player passes or has no placeable options, their draft ends, and the other player may continue drafting until they have no options remaining.
Players who are bringing many double-spaced figures should bring some extra tiles with their pool to extend the startzones beyond 24 hexes when necessary.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:39 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am going to bring one map and two armies.
Any interest in some custom terrain?
Should I bring any other games?
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:29 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Guys, I really hate to say this,… I was planning on coming but I'm really not feeling well. It would not be a good idea for me to come. I'm really sorry.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Do we have any summer events coming up?
Old June 7th, 2017, 02:58 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I don't know if we have anything on the schedule. I'm going on a long vacation, but I'll be back if we want to run an event on, say, July 8th or 15th.
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:19 AM

I'm too burnt out on organizing (and busy) to organize the next one but if someone else puts something together I can try to be there (and drum up attendees).

--
--
--

--
Old June 18th, 2017, 08:28 PM

Anyone else like July 8th or 15th?
Old June 18th, 2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Anyone else like July 8th or 15th?
I prefer the 8th but could probably swing the 15th.

--
--
--

--
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I know a young Magic-playing Coloradan who would love Heroscape. I will reach out to his parents, friends of mine, and see if I can arrange attendance, if it's a format that you guys think a new person might enjoy. I imagine a GC prep tournament would be just fine, whether it's main event or one of the others, though obviously someone would have to supply him with an army.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I can do the 15th

I'd be happy to bring a map and put my newly acquired goodies to use

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events