Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 8th, 2010, 11:13 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Of the four I would pick number 3 since that scuplt to me seems to fit the theme of the charactert the best. From what others have posted I gather that a Warden is supposed to be defender of nature/forest. Technically I am not sure that number 1 is eligible because he is a Half-Giant not a Goliath, but aren't Goliaths half Giant? Number 2 just looks stupid. Number 4 is from too new a set to be used for Heroscape. Thus number 3 show be Eltahale, the Goliath Warden.
Except that both sculpts 2 and 3 have been shown in the threads already and theGuru indicates it hasn't been shown yet. Assuming number 4 is too new, then we are out of figures specifically listed as 'goliaths'.
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

8/12 units are going to Utgar and Valkrill :/ Thanks for the update Guru
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The Master of the Hunt fights for Einar<- some good guesses so far, but no one has picked out his sculpt yet.
Pack 4
Evar Scarcarver fights for Vydar
Eltahale fights for Jandar <-still no shots of the sculpt yet
Siege fights for Vydar <-still nothing yet
and Moltenclaw fights for Utgar
With Evar fighting for Vydar, I think the half-orc must be right on.
I've seen the Warforged Bodyguard and Barbarian pictured so far, so those aren't right. I think that leaves the Warforged Hero from Aberrations and the Lord of Blades from Blood War. I'm betting on the Lord of Blades figure since the DDM skirmish card gives him a 'Juggernaut' power.

I'm not surprised by Moltenclaw being with Utgar--it just seems to fit Utgar's character.
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
8/12 units are going to Utgar and Valkrill :/ Thanks for the update Guru
The rich just keep getting richer--even in heroscape.

Just once I would like to see absolutely no Utgar (and by extension the new Valkrill) in a wave. We came close once--Wave 8, I believe but they threw in the Grok Riders. Of course, I have been saying this before D&D entered the picture.

Though now that I know Master of the Hunt and Eltahale go to Einar and Jandar respectively, that does pique my interest in these two. So thanks for that Guru.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Quote:
The Master of the Hunt fights for Einar<- some good guesses so far, but no one has picked out his sculpt yet.
Pack 4
With Evar fighting for Vydar, I think the half-orc must be right on.
I've seen the Warforged Bodyguard and Barbarian pictured so far, so those aren't right. I think that leaves the Warforged Hero from Aberrations and the Lord of Blades from Blood War. I'm betting on the Lord of Blades figure since the DDM skirmish card gives him a 'Juggernaut' power.

I'm not surprised by Moltenclaw being with Utgar--it just seems to fit Utgar's character.
I wouldn't bet on the Lord of Blades. He's a lore character, an actual unique person named the Lord of Blades.

So I thought maybe Valkrill would get the Frost Giant, but before we knew about Valky I thought Utgar, given the Chaotic Evil and all...and that much turns out to be true.
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I want to know what the Master of the Hunt is. I was hoping for that robotic dog thing to go to Vydar. Guru you need to change the wave and give us that sick looking robotic dog!
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm feeling that Valkrill has some sort of death / hell / underworld-ish theme. So far he has demons, death knights and death chasers. He seems like the type of guy that Cyprien would betray Utgar for....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I want to know what the Master of the Hunt is
Since we're now looking for an Einar figure, the figure is large, and we haven't found the sculpt yet, here are some other possibilities:

The Wemic Barbarian from War Drums (a large lion-like 'centaur' figure with hunter powers who looks like a good fit with Einar)
The Centaur Warhulk from Blood War (feasible hunting association, but I think of centaurs as more related to Ullar, figures, so I think unlikely)
There is a Dire Wolf from Giants of Legend that I don't believe has been shown yet. The Dire Wolves seem less likely for Einar, though. There is also a Dire Lion from Dragoneye that might be more Einar-like, but I don't see anything in the stats for either the Dire Wolves or Dire Lion suggesting a Master of the Hunt.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Forgot to mention the Druid of Obad-hai from Dragoneye -- has the right look of a human with antler horns, but I don't think it is a large figure.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Pack 1
The Horned Skull Brutes fight for Valkrill
The Death Chasers of Thesk fight for Valkrill

No surprises here I'm pretty sure I've have the figures right for both as well

Pack 2
The Ogre Pulverizer fights for Utgar
The Mezzodemon Warmongers fight for Valkrill
The Death Knights of Valkirll fight for Valkrill

Only thing that is a bit of surprise here is the demons, I thought they would be Ugtar and the unit to aid Tealord, that may still be though.

Pack 3
The Frost Giant of Morh fights for Utgar
The Ice Troll Berserker fights for Utgar

The frost giant going to Ugtar is just so wrong on so many levels it's just not funny. What a joke. Once again d&d is eroding what was solid faction structures. Alignment needs to thrown out the window. Using d&d figures can work but the CANON HAS GOT TO GO. They should have gone the same way with d&d as Marvel. This result and others have weaken the brand, leaving d&d separate from the classic (scape) generals was the way to go.

What if The Master of the Hunt is a Dragonne a cross between a lion and a dragon. This would be a good fit for Einar, very regal and noble magical beast.

Pack 4

I'm confused as to what figure they are using for Eltahale. We only have access to 2 goliaths both were posted and I can't find another figure that fits.

As for Siege every medium sized warforged figure has been shown in this thread except, this one;
and he's an infiltrator not a juggernaut. So I'm thinking that Guru missed seeing the right one,. which could be this one;

Unless as I speculated sometime ago that Siege is the Titan (but that was posted ) and Moltenclaw is the Dragoneye large dragon on a single base. In which case it makes sense that Moltenclaw is Ugtar and not Valkrill as that dragon fits well with Mimring as his little buddy..

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro
The frost giant going to Ugtar is just so wrong on so many levels it's just not funny. What a joke. Once again d&d is eroding what was solid faction structures. Alignment needs to thrown out the window. Using d&d figures can work but the CANON HAS GOT TO GO. They should have gone the same way with d&d as Marvel. This result and others have weaken the brand, leaving d&d separate from the classic (scape) generals was the way to go.
Why? I'm not versed in D&D at all, so why doesn't this work?

-insert signature here-
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro
Why? I'm not versed in D&D at all, so why doesn't this work?
My point is that the d&d back ground of creatures shouldn't matter one Iota and that it is destroying what each of the original generals' personalty and faction theme was developed as.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News