Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

View Poll Results: Which are/is the best map? (you may choose 3)
Ruins of Rennoc by flash_19 12 30.00%
Shores of Thaelenk by Leaf_It 11 27.50%
Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II by Necroblade 16 40.00%
Grounds of Ashra by JaesShurrig 9 22.50%
Valledonn Fortress by antmarchingroves 10 25.00%
Edge of the Jungle by Leaf_It 7 17.50%
Destroyed Bridge by Majofa 12 30.00%
Wooded Crossroads of Korland by antmarchingroves 9 22.50%
Durgeth Swamps by heroscaper2010 4 10.00%
Jandar's Summoning Circle by Flash_19 18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26th, 2018, 11:02 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker
Re: WINNER! - Landmarks of Valhalla

Congrats @Flash_19 and well deserved!

I agree that all of the map submissions were fantastic. It was a lot of fun playing on them at the Utah Monthly tournament over the weekend. Looking forward to many more games on these maps. Nice work everybody!
Old March 26th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great turnout on the contest. Im thoroughly impressed with this last batch of submissions. Congrats @Flash_19 . I know youll like the tower.
Thanks! Oh, I'm sure I will. It'll be awesome to have an official TREX dice tower!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old March 26th, 2018, 05:04 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmarchingroves View Post
Congrats @Flash_19 and well deserved!

I agree that all of the map submissions were fantastic. It was a lot of fun playing on them at the Utah Monthly tournament over the weekend. Looking forward to many more games on these maps. Nice work everybody!
Thanks so much everyone for your congratulations!

It was a lot of fun playing on all the maps at the Utah tournament. I as well look forward to playing on more of them in the future!

Old March 26th, 2018, 05:25 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Congrats @Flash_19 ! Not only is your winning map functionally awesome, it's aesthetically pleasing, and.... your backstory was easily the best of the bunch (although I don't vote based off of backstory, it could help to break a possible tie. And I wanted to give you kudos for it too)!

I'm glad I got to play on it last Saturday.
Old March 26th, 2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Congrats @Flash_19 ! Not only is your winning map functionally awesome, it's aesthetically pleasing, and.... your backstory was easily the best of the bunch (although I don't vote based off of backstory, it could help to break a possible tie. And I wanted to give you kudos for it too)!

I'm glad I got to play on it last Saturday.
Thanks man! And thanks for reading the back story!

Old March 26th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats, Flash_19. That is a good-looking map. We never use glyphs at our local tournaments, and it looks like it really needs that low glyph to function as-is. If you wouldn't mind terribly, I might use it at our next tournament, but I'll add two hexes of height to that space in the place of a glyph, to give some reason for traffic down there.

Also, that's a beautiful guitar in your avatar.

Congrats again!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Congrats, Flash_19. That is a good-looking map. We never use glyphs at our local tournaments, and it looks like it really needs that low glyph to function as-is. If you wouldn't mind terribly, I might use it at our next tournament, but I'll add two hexes of height to that space in the place of a glyph, to give some reason for traffic down there.

Also, that's a beautiful guitar in your avatar.

Congrats again!
Thank you very much! As far as using the map - you go for it! I will not be offended in the slightest if you make some tweaks. In fact, after watching a particular game in the Utah tournament last Saturday, I went home and made some tweaks that I think make it a more solid map, and more conducive to tournament play. The new version doesn't seem to rely so much on the glyph of Valda as well. I'll probably post it to my maps thread soon, or if you want I can PM you a link to the newest version.

Glad you like the guitar too.

Old March 26th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Feel free to share improvements before my next event. It'll be 4/21, and we won't be building it until the days right beforehand.

Here's the guitar I'm fooling around with right now; I wish it was mine but it's borrowed:

(Not the actual one. This is just a pic from the internet.)

It's a Gibson ES 120 hollow body, with a floating bridge and a single coil pickup. I'm playing it as an acoustic and it sounds great to me.

= =
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Feel free to share improvements before my next event. It'll be 4/21, and we won't be building it until the days right beforehand.

Here's the guitar I'm fooling around with right now; I wish it was mine but it's borrowed:

(Not the actual one. This is just a pic from the internet.)

It's a Gibson ES 120 hollow body, with a floating bridge and a single coil pickup. I'm playing it as an acoustic and it sounds great to me.
Awesome! I'll do that.

That is a beautiful guitar! I've got a hollow body I play on sometimes, though the Telecaster gets most of the love. It's an Ibanez Artcore - not quite Gibson status, but not too shabby.

Old March 27th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thank you. It is beautiful, but all I do is strum chords. I'd like to do it justice, eventually.

= =
Old March 27th, 2018, 10:55 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats Flash_19! I probably look a bit like this guy in regards to you getting that sweet tower.

Anyways, I also made the top ten for online play here. I don't play guitar but you'll see my trombone and I in the corner when you look at this folder, I think.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 28th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II and Ruins of Rennoc both quite a bit. Jandar's Summoning Circle's good too.

Didn't get a map in time for this, my apologies. We had to reboot the computer I had virtualscape on and I need to find where a lot of my files went.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla