Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 8th, 2010, 07:41 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Grungebob's Dungeons new pic Jan 2010

Dang, that terrain looks great, especially with 'Scape figures!
Nice job GB!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

I've found empty treasure chests; that I place scrapes of paper in with numbers on them corresponding to a list of treasure and traps on the board for d&d. I picked the chests up at a kids party supply place for pirate themed parties.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old March 13th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Thread Necro!

Grungebob, how are these holding up after a year? I'm mostly curious about the low temp glue lasting through the summer months. I've been wanting to put together some modular terrain like this (and science fiction stuff as well) for a while, but I was always a little nervous about working with the foam due to the potential for heat to ruin the low temp glue. I've toyed with the idea of putting some skewers in the wall construction as an insurance policy, but I never got around to starting the project.
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:01 AM

BjornAbust Woo who?

This stuff is absolutely awesome!

I've read all 31 pages of this thread, but have a question about the painting process.

That is, well, how exactly do you go about painting something like this? Acrylics? I read earlier about using H2O spraypaints or something like that?

I'm a newb when it comes to customs, but if I can figure out how you guys paint these things I might take a stab at it.
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

I'm pretty sure the H2O spray paint if for a base coat because it's fast and doesn't melt the styrofoam. The rest is probably acrylic but I could be wrong.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM

BjornAbust Woo who?

Ok. And then, do you guys use anything to seal it after painting with the acrylics?
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Thread Necro!

Grungebob, how are these holding up after a year? I'm mostly curious about the low temp glue lasting through the summer months. I've been wanting to put together some modular terrain like this (and science fiction stuff as well) for a while, but I was always a little nervous about working with the foam due to the potential for heat to ruin the low temp glue. I've toyed with the idea of putting some skewers in the wall construction as an insurance policy, but I never got around to starting the project.
Mine are good as new. My home made jungle terrain has net held up though. The low temp glue gun just cant keep the palm fronds from falling off, but my dungeons look fantastic.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:21 AM

BjornAbust Woo who?

Alrighty, I've picked up some pink foam, an assortment of blades and brushes, some acrylics and some gesso to use as a basecoat. I can't wait to get started. Lord knows it won't come out nearly as well as most of the stuff on this thread, but it looks like a lot of fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles