Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 9th, 2012, 11:55 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Well met!

Super Mezzos! Braxas, of course, but Black Wyrmlimgs, for the price, are the go-to guys here.
The Incendiborgs are large, and therefore immune to the acid breath powers.

Sudema/Deadeye/et al can still instakill these guys, but any wounding power can be defended with the markers.
Well met!

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Wave 15 Chat

I'm looking forward to Wednesday. I can't wait to see what the Skeletons of Annellintia bring to the table!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; June 11th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: I'm also looking forward to seeing the final version of the Skull Demons.
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm looking forward to Wednesday. I can't wait to see what the Skeletons of Annellintia bring to the table!
Army of Darkness preview is Next Wends. This week it will be Valkrill's Vengeance.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Army of Darkness preview is Next Wends. This week it will be Valkrill's Vengeance.
That's good too. I assumed the order of the teasers was the order they would be released in. Of course, Dwarf and Soulborgs was week #2 of the teasers, so I should have known better. Every time I think back on my playtests with the Eradicators I think of how poorly I communicated their strength in my playtest reports, so I'm looking forward to seeing if/how you guys balanced them out a little more.

I'm pumped about seeing the Deathstrike Thrall!

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 11th, 2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: I playtested the Command Courier too. Cool little unit--should encourage some non-Q9 Vydar builds, which I like.
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Really looking forward to seeing what is next. To all those involved, thank you for all the effort and hours spent creating such a classic feel.
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I don't quite understand why the vulcanmechs are so high priced. After looking over them they seem to have average or slightly above attack, range, and defense, and are rather slow. True, they are immune to acid breath and have their redundant systems power allows them to ignore wounds, but I don't think they're worth the cost. It also seems it would hard to get in a situation where the flamethrower special attack could be used against multiple figures or at all. Looks to me that lower priced figures, such as blasts + glads would be much more effective. I don't mean to critical and I respect the work put into these customs, but I just don't think they justify the cost.
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
I don't quite understand why the vulcanmechs are so high priced. After looking over them they seem to have average or slightly above attack, range, and defense, and are rather slow. True, they are immune to acid breath and have their redundant systems power allows them to ignore wounds, but I don't think they're worth the cost. It also seems it would hard to get in a situation where the flamethrower special attack could be used against multiple figures or at all. Looks to me that lower priced figures, such as blasts + glads would be much more effective. I don't mean to critical and I respect the work put into these customs, but I just don't think they justify the cost.
See what others are saying about them:

The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Basically because of Redundant systems, they act like two squads...which would be 90 each. Redundant systems gives them a feel of a Common Squad, but being Unique.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
See what others are saying about them:

The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Basically because of Redundant systems, they act like two squads...which would be 90 each. Redundant systems gives them a feel of a Common Squad, but being Unique.
You want to play them kind of like you would Q9--with a screen. Raelin helps too. With Khosumet and height, they can get 3 attacks of 5. Backed by Raelin they can roll 6-7 defense and still take a few bad rolls. You just have to play 'em right. As I said in the book, they also work well when there's another menacer around to help take the focus off of them. They can still go down fast though. I played a game the other day with my wife's younger siblings and one of them had Nilfheim. In one turn she ice-blasted all their redundant markers away, and on the next turn she killed all three of them. It was partly luck of course (they had height, so the rolls were 4v5), but I don't think I'll ever forget that.

I'm pumped about seeing the next wave in the morning!

--
--
--

--
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Ah I see. So by themselves they fall fast, but with support and a screen they'll succeed.
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

New units and a new glyph are up in the gallery.

Last edited by infectedsloth; June 13th, 2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: been up for a littil while already
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:20 AM

Ah, the Havech Eradicators. Ranged armies rip these guys up, but they're death to melee. When I playtested them they mercilessly crushed a PKs+Raelin+Black-Wyrmlings build.

I love the Deathstrike. A 6-attack special for 30 points seems like a lot, but I'll have to give them a try. So far Nick+Thralls still don't really have an answer for strong melee Common Squads, but they look particularly strong in a heroes-only format.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 13th, 2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: The Command Courier is great, of course.
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Ah I see. So by themselves they fall fast, but with support and a screen they'll succeed.
Yes. They don't always fall fast, per se, but they fall faster when they don't have protection.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 13th, 2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Whoops... double post. Didn't realize this was the same thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs