Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Venoc Warlord

The Book of Venoc Warlord
Malliddon's Prophecy - Collection 1 - "Heroes of Bleakwoode"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Even though the Venocs are largely an unintelligent species, there are some who have developed true intelligence. The Venoc Warlord, a super species of Viper, has developed enough brainpower to speak, work out battle tactics, speech, and lead his scouts effectively on the battlefield. In the company of his scouts, the Venoc Warlord enhances their relentless, frenzied attacks. (Hasbro)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ARMOC VIPERS : Ullar Warlord Bonding
    As a Warlord that follows Ullar, Venoc Warlord may benefit from Armoc Vipers’ ULLAR WARLORD BONDING activation bonus.

- ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES : Warlord Bonding
    As a Warlord, Venoc Warlord may benefit from Roman Legionnaires’ WARLORD BONDING activation bonus.

- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Venoc Warlord may benefit form Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
    Having a relentless personality, Venoc Warlord may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As a Medium hero with "Relentless" personality, the Venoc Warlord may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
- SCOUT LEADERSHIP : Scout Units
- FRENZY ENHANCEMENT : Units With Frenzy Ability_________________________________________________________________
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

Strategy Notes:
  • - Venoc Warlord is a fierce and unyielding opponent. His quick movement on the battlefield along with his Slither ability makes him well suited for a flat battlefield, or one with a lot of water. His life of 6 makes him very durable, and able to fight on the front lines of most campaigns. However, if you are using him with a squad that utilizes his enhancements (Scout Leadership or Frenzy Enhancement) be wary about sending him too far into the fray. He is immensely valuable when drafted with an army that benefits from his enhancements. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who is affected by Venoc Warlord's Special Powers?
  • - Scout Leadership: Venoc Vipers, & Elite Onyx Vipers.
    - Frenzy Enhancement: Venoc Vipers, & Aubrien Archers.
    - Slither: Only Venoc Warlord.
    (Hasbro FAQ)

Who else could I draft with Venoc Warlord?
  • - Venoc Vipers
    The Venoc Vipers are the ultimate squad to draft with Venoc Warlord. His Scout Leadership and Frenzy Enhancement both affect the Venoc Vipers & make them more dangerous. While they are not always the first squad drafted because of their lack of defense, they more than make up for it with their Frenzy ability. Draft at least 2 squads of them (more if you can) so that once they start getting picked off, they can still be a threat. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Aubrien Archers
    For the same reasons as the Venoc Vipers, you should draft the Aubrien Archers along with Venoc Warlord. Their ability to Frenzy each turn and continuously rain arrows from afar makes them uniquely suited to fight alongside their brother in arms. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Armoc Vipers
    The Armoc Vipers have Ullar Warlord Bonding which means before you take a turn with Armoc Vipers you can take a turn with the Venoc Warlord for free. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Roman Legionnaires
    The Roman Legionnaires have Warlord Bonding which means before you take a turn with Roman Legionnaires you can take a turn with the Venoc Warlord for free. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who does Venoc Warlord work well against?
  • - Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
    Venoc Warlord works well against most heroes. His life of 6 makes him one of the more durable heroes in the game. He works especially well against Kelda. His defense of 3 is normally enough to hold off her minimal attack of 2 and with his 6 life vs. her life of 5, he can hold the upper hand in most battles. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Airborne Elite
    The Airborne Elite are easy prey for Venoc Warlord. He can easily outrun them on any battlefield, and can quickly dispatch them one by one. The only trick is to try and stay just out of range before he attacks, and to use the Venoc Vipers (or another fast squad at your disposal) to engage them. This strategy will keep them from bombarding Venoc Warlord with gunfire & grenades as he approaches for the kill. (Hasbro FAQ)[/i]

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Venoc Warlord- The Venoc Warlord’s value kept decreasing until the Aubrien Archers came out. Now, he can give boosts to valued ranged figures and provide some melee value. B

Venoc Warlord
General Assessment and Mittens? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=492
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by MegaSilver; October 26th, 2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I bowdown to the Venoc Warlord nightly.
I have never seen him perform poorly. *
A solid hero with desirable powers to influence those scouts and Frenziers!

* Well, there was that time Voodoo whisked him away from me in the first round of a tournament game (via the Summoning glyph)
and proceeded to kill him the following round. VW performed less than desirable in that game.

Old May 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Scout Leadership
All scouts you control can move an additional 2 spaces.
...move an additional 2 spaces. Do not take it litterally! What this really means is that you add 2 to the move value printed on any Scout's Army cards you control. These "free spaces" are subject to things like height, snow, etc.

And we can't have a real Book of Venoc Warlord without a reference to his "official" nickname: Mittens!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I love how the main hero he's listed as good against is Kelda. I should hope so - he's got 40 points on her! And, let's be honest, most heroes can own Kelda one on one - melee fighting isn't what's making up her cost.
I know Mittens is worth a lot more than that. Just seemed like a strange choice from Hasbro. I look at that and I laugh - doesn't do old Mittens justice.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I know Mittens is worth a lot more than that. Just seemed like a strange choice from Hasbro. I look at that and I laugh - doesn't do old Mittens justice.
Well, there wasn't much out when Mittens was released. Just the master set and wave 1. Other than Kelda and Mittens, the other new heros in wave 1 were Tornak, Taelord and Marcus.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Even though it is posted under synergies somehow Hasbro dropped the ball in forgetting to list Theracus as one of the figures benefitting from Scout Leadership under Strategy, Tactics, and Tips.

VW+Acolarh+Theracus=placement of valued ranged unit at most strategic point within 11 hex spaces of your starting zone on your very first turn.

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Why must my favorite character (other than Acolarh) have such an undignified nickname. . They are power gauntlets...of doom.
More to the point, Use legionnaires to take out range, venocs for squads, warlord for heroes. Works for me. Is only medium, Denrick gets no bonus.
Can not choose vipers without him.

I will not mutter mit 9+1 's, maybe gloves, but not mit 9+1 's

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Venoc Warlord's name is sacred amongst his people. Thus, he only shares his true name with those he considers worthy defenders of the Viper race and true enemies of the Marro:

"Thhheeeeeeey caaaaaalll meeeee Miiiiiiii teeeeeeeeennssssssss"

The Venoc Warlord is one of my favorite "obvious" setups. Take him, some Venocs, a single squad of Armocs and the Aubren Archers. The Venocs become a bit of a suicidal first assault, weakening the enemies initial troops and generally trying to do as much damage as possible while they're still alive. The bulk of the battle is done with the Aubren, who are just a really solid ranged unit.

The Warlord can do his share of damage, but truly becomes a force with the Armocs supporting him. Alternatively, you can use the Romans as his support unit, but they limit the Warlords fantastic move (or leave him unsupported) and are harder to take just one squad of compared to the Armocs.
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:35 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
He does deserve some dignity: Henceforth thou shalt be "Mister Mittens" in our house!
I have to admit, I don't draft him as often as other heroes, but he's a dandy with a couple squads of Aubriens. I never thought of pairing him with the Romans, probably a visual thing. Sword and sandal guys led by a big snake has kind of a Hyborian feel to it, doesn't it?

Not one step backwards!
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Pairing him with the Romans is interesting anyway because he really has no synergy with them other than the Warlord thing. It's not like folks were sitting around going, "Damn, I really wish I could field Venoc Warlord with the Romans!!! That would be the bomb, yo!" (Just came from the rap thread homeboy).

And I think "MASTER Mittens" would be even better...kind of like a Jedi. I have a very strong urge to glue a lightsaber on mine right away!

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I can't bring myself to draft one squad of Armocs.
I should try it, but if I know my opponent, he's going to hit those three first leaving me with order markers on a lacking or worthless card.
I like the insurance of 6 Armocs to reinforce any protectors that may die.
The warlord punch followed by three Armoc attacks is solid.
Even with the VW's hefty stats, fielding one squad of Armocs feels a little underwhelming when losing any of them.
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Roger that Hex, Anytime you become dependant on bonding ALWAYS draft 2 squads at least. You make it too easy for your opponent to deprive you of the efficiency that bonding brings.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units