Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Theracus

The Book of Theracus
Raknar's Vision - "Heroes of Lindesfarme"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: On a cool night, under the dual moons of harvest, flies an elven princess atop a gryphillin mount. With a great urgency in her voice the elf leans forward, laying a cheek to the feathered neck of her steed and pressing, "Faster, faster, Theracus!" Their errand is of the utmost importance, for the fate of all Feylund hangs in the balance. Theracus is disciplined and brave, a tribute to his proud race. His greatest strength is the swiftness of his flight, even while bearing a rider. It was for this lightning pace that the elven council chose Theracus to carry the elven princess Kyntela Gwyn on her perilous mission. Despite this swiftness, however, they were both doomed to failure. (Hasbro)
    Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Theracus may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- VENOC WARLORD : Scout Leadership
    As a Scout, Theracus may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- BRAVE ARROW : Scout Melee Attack Enhancement
    Theracus may add one attack die when adjacent to Brave Arrow and attacking an adjacent figure.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, Theracus may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Theracus- Theracus can set up most figures to most spots on the board quickly. And at 40 points, you can’t feel too badly about his simple uses. B

Theracus
Placement of Carried Figures? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3304
Cost too losw? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=560
Carry and Falling? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4772
Move into adjacent carried occupied space? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8069
Dismount onto Ladder? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7579
Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Theracus

Last edited by Malechi; February 4th, 2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added link to USR
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
One thing to remember about figures with carry is that they don't have to move to carry. They can simply pick a figure up and set it down on another adjacent space. Brunak is especially useful as an "elevator" but Theracus can fill that niche as well.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
One thing to remember about figures with carry is that they don't have to move to carry. They can simply pick a figure up and set it down on another adjacent space. Brunak is especially useful as an "elevator" but Theracus can fill that niche as well.
huh, never thought about that before. My use of Theracus is usually pretty Neanderthal - point A to point B kinda thing.
Old May 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
Theracus is good at carrying a figure who then attacks and then make a quick get away. Although this would mean 2 turns are used up on Theracus. My brother would use Theracus as a decoy/target on the first few turns so that if he dies to him it doesn't matter.
Old May 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
At 40 points, its a good distracter if anything else...

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
I actually like to use Theracus with Finn. Enhanced by Finn, Theracus is a good choice for a unit to swoop in and eat up Syvarris or Deadeye Dan. If Theracus dies you can always have Finn finish the job.

Edit: I had to add this to clarify. I would have Theracus "carry" Finn. Theracus would get the +1 bonus while Finn was alive. If Finn dies prior to Theracus you can still give the Spirit bonus to Theracus.

Old May 27th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun
Everytime Theracus is drafted elf boy is drafted with him. 7 move + 5 move(syvarris) + 9 range + 2 order markers = enemy's start zone under fire.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Theracus is good because he has really no down sides to him and can provide working with many other figures with his carry ability, being a scout, and being disciplined. And he is only 40pt. as a great filler unit.
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:47 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
Everytime Theracus is drafted elf boy is drafted with him. 7 move + 5 move(syvarris) + 9 range + 2 order markers = enemy's start zone under fire.
I don't like carrying Syvarris if I also control him, because I just wasted a turn on Theracus and Syvarris is then vulnerable and goes down really fast with only 2 defense and 4 life. This works much better if a teammate has Syvarris.

I love carrying Finn around, because sometimes people don't bother with killing the 40 pointer or if they do, then they just got distracted (like with the Deathreavers)... and unlike the Reavers you can actually attack with 3 + height + finn

and its a great way to get Finn killed so he can power the Krav (he can't while he's alive)

and this Theracus + Finn is a great meatshield to start off the game

I love this combo the best in a 3v3 match (where I use Theracus, a teammate has Finn so he can attack with FInn as well, and the third teammate, grabs height and sets up to rain fire down with something like the Krav... or the player with Finn can just ignore using Finn and set up as well)
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:53 AM

sachsen Woo who?
Theracus, starting next to Acolarh, with Mittens in your army =

11 move to start

Old August 10th, 2007, 02:00 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
I have a soft spot for Syvarris, and I like to use Theracus to get him in the fight quickly. His flying is especially helpful in giving the elf hight advantage early on, and from there Elf can damage a hero of pick off a pair of squad units or two before enyone gets in close enough to hurt him. Then I just have Theracus move him again
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I felt so stupid when I first realized Theracus was a Scout It was stupid that I wasn't moving him nine when I would have the Venoc Warlord on my side because of his Scout leadership.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units