Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM

King Bravemore has disabled reputation
Another Marro Warlord

If this is in a wrong place, go ahead and put it where it should be. Anyway, this is pure speculation, but with the not-so-special normal attack of the Grock Riders, and the overall inflexibility of the Drudges, I'm thinking that there may be (or, at least, should be) a Marro Warlord that enhances Hunters. The only reasons I have for this thinking are the sudden rise of Hunters and the personal enjoyment of such a possibility; I've got the Marro Plague. Strategically, another Warlord would send these guys, along with the entire Marro horde, into a whole new level. Also, I hold firm to the "Embrace the Suck" philosophy, so there's another good point. With the hugeness of the current Marro army, though, this could be a wish long in the making. Any thoughts?

Last edited by King Bravemore; May 28th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Another Marro Warlord

Another warlord would be awesome, but he wouldn't have bonding. If he did, you would have an infinite loop between him and the Grok.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Cole123 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think that in Aquilla's Allience that Wo-Sa-Ga is a warlord, but I'm probably wrong.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation

edit

Last edited by Silver1327; December 7th, 2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:27 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

The infinite loop is easily negated by including a clause stating that the bonded card cannot, in turn, activate any other cards.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:30 PM

King Bravemore has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Another warlord would be awesome, but he wouldn't have bonding. If he did, you would have an infinite loop between him and the Grok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
The infinite loop is easily negated by including a clause stating that the bonded card cannot, in turn, activate any other cards.
Oh, dear. Let me rephrase that. Enhancement. I was thinking like a Arrow Grut/Swog Rider type relationship.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think he means bonding as in offering bonuses like movement, attack defense, etc. I think its very feasible, but with the size of Utgar compared to Vydar and Aquila, I doubt it.

EDIT: Posted a little too late
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Potentially the giant worm could be a warlord for what we know although it'd be unexpected.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

I bet that there is a Marro Warlord in the future, but there is need elsewhere. NGS was a Warlord looking for a squad (legionaires weren't thematic with him.) I think that other "lords" will come before. Marros and Knights are full of "lords".

Right now there are at least 6 Jandar Human Champions (the Jandar equivalent of "lords"), 3 Einar Warlords, 2 Utgar Marro Warlords, 2 Utgar Marro Hivelords (possibly 3 with Aquilla's alliance), 1 Darklord (who happens to be Utgar), 1 Ullar Warlord. Anyone feel free to correct me. Therefore, Ullar needs another Warlord and another Darklord (not necessarily Utgar) should be fun. I wonder what's in store for Aquilla in term of "lords". Aquilla is the excuse to come up with a Darklord that crosses generals and bonds with the wolves and some other Aquilla squad. We'll probably see another Darklord before a Marro Warlord, and I hope we see a gladiator squad before any other Marros. Wave 9 could have a set of "lords". Weren't two Einar Warlords included in Wave 4? Of course, I see a major Vydar reinforcement coming that involves "lords" and a commander type figure (that does not influence Q9 or Q10). What will it be called? Who knows, but it is likely to come before any other Marro Warlord.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I really hope Wu-Sa-Ga has synergy with the Grok Riders in some way with just using him and the Groks (for my draft), It'd be sweet if he did enhance something about hunters. That would bump up the drudge and the Groks (even though they're fairly solid already). I give the Groks so far a B (maybe B-), they're solid and rock with the Romans + Marro Warlord combo, but 130pt. is a bit overpriced for their stats. They are better than the Templars though, in my opinion.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bravemore View Post
...with the not-so-special normal attack of the Grock Riders...
Agreed that the normal attack is not so great, but when used along side a Marro Warlord (and why take them if you don't have at least one) they can be down right nasty. Three attacks of 5 (6 with height/glyph/or other enhancement) and even the most staunch of Hero can be taken down.

A good counter to WoB too, they'll rip those wolves to shreds.

As for another Marro Warlord, since the Romans are one of my favorite squads, I'm all for it (though it doesn't necessarily have to be Marro in their case).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; May 28th, 2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Ugh... my fingers move too fast sometimes.
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I really hope Wu-Sa-Ga has synergy with the Grok Riders in some way with just using him and the Groks (for my draft), It'd be sweet if he did enhance something about hunters. That would bump up the drudge and the Groks (even though they're fairly solid already). I give the Groks so far a B (maybe B-), they're solid and rock with the Romans + Marro Warlord combo, but 130pt. is a bit overpriced for their stats. They are better than the Templars though, in my opinion.
I also hope to get surprised by Wu-Sa-Ga, but not only did the marros get their own master set, they also got Cavalry and Wu-Sa-Ga afterwards. Now I say enough with marros for a while. Wu-Sa-Ga has that predator/hunter menacing/tormenting look to it.

By the way, the GRs are better than the templars if and only if a Marro Warlord is still alive. Otherwise, the templars are a more self-sufficient squad and get their points worth standalone, while the GRs don't.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units