Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 12th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

If you can't take the heat... - A lava map and a jungle map?! I vote YES to review.

Fulcrum by Dignan - Much like nyys I've also played on this map quite a bit and have found the same issues to be true as he did. I vote NO to review.

Quasatch Playground by mad_wookie I had a long review written of this but Dignan's above review is very similar to mine except one thing. The issue in the middle with little to no cover is a big deal for melee troops. It seemed that there was aplenty on the way to the fight, but then the cover just stopped. I also thought the jungle terrain could have been spread out more or used more efficiently. I like the map but I feel that melee loses it's steam once it clears the jungle so I vote NO to induct.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

These are just a couple maps that my gaming group have found to be very fun and balanced. I'd like to nominate Just Passing Through http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1503

and Blackroot http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2273

I have never lost on Just Passing Through when playing an all melee army, and Blackroot also helps melee armies.
Just my one cent.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Blackroot looks cool and I'd likely vote YES, but it appears that it has treasure glyphs shown. If that is the case, the build instructions will need to specify the trap. Once that is added, it can officially enter the process.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old June 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

FWIW, we always played with reg. glyphs, that's what was in the build instructions, and I don't have MS3 yet anyways. I'm not sure what M_W's intentions were.
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:39 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Blackroot looks cool and I'd likely vote YES, but it appears that it has treasure glyphs shown. If that is the case, the build instructions will need to specify the trap. Once that is added, it can officially enter the process.
I've updated the build instructions to specify power-side up Treasure glyphs. Thanks for the nomination, Freezie!
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

I vote yes to review Flooded Temple II, Fulcrum, and If you can't take the Heat

Updated 6/14/10
Flooded Temple II, Fulcrum, Blackroot and If Youd Can't Take the Heat added to review
Logged No by Dignan to review Flooded Temple II
Logged Yes by nyys to review Flooded Temple II
Logged No by nyys to review Fulcrum
Logged Yes by Dignan to induct Quasatch Playground
Logged No by Dignan to induct Vulcan
Logged Yes by Matthias to review If You Can't Take the Heat
Logged No by Matthias to review Fulcrum
Logged No by Matthias to induct Quasatch Playground
Logged Yes by Riggler to review Flooded Temple II, Fulcrum, If you Can't Take the Heat
Maps pending acceptance for review:

Tell Tail Forest by GeneralRolando
YES = 3 (1Mmirg, Dignan, nyys) ; NO = 1 (Riggler); Pending = 2 (Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus)

Flooded Temple II by 1Mmirg
YES = 2 (nyys, Riggler) ; NO = 1 (Dignan); Pending = 2(Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus,) *1Mmirg removed as map creator

Fulcrum by Dignan
YES = 1 (Riggler) ; NO = 2 (Matthias Maccabeus, nyss); Pending = 2(1Mmirg, Lonewolf) *Dignan removed as map creator

If You Can't Take the Heat by Dignan
YES = 2 (Matthias Maccabeus, Riggler) ; NO = 0; Pending = 3(1Mmirg, Lonewolf, nyys) *Dignan removed as map creator

Blackroot by mad_wookie
YES = 0 ; NO = 0; Pending = 6(1Mmirg, Dignan, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys, Riggler)

Maps currently being reviewed:

Quasatch Playground by mad_wookie
YES = 2 (Riggler, Dignan) ; NO = 1 (Matthias Maccabeus); Pending = 3 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, nyys)

Vulcan by Mad_wookiee
YES = 0 ; NO = 1 (Dignan); Pending = 5(
1Mmirg, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys, Riggler)

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Last edited by Riggler; June 14th, 2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Yes

No - I really don't know any way to get castle walls in a fair and balanced map. If the AE drop in the first round on this map it is all over. There are just too many ranged flyers that can exploit this.

Fulcrum by Dignan
Yes - I would like to see if I experience the same range bias that NYYS had in his experience.

If You Can't Take the Heat by Dignan
Yes - I am really concerned about the high ground that can be gained on the first OM with ranged units but would like to give it due diligence.

Blackroot by mad_wookie
Yes
- Looks a lot like Highways and Dieways - one of my favorite maps, but it is definitely different!
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Thanks for the update Riggler.

I vote YES to review.

It looks like a fun map, but way to ranged friendly. I vote NO to review.

Blackroot by mad_wookie
I vote YES to review.

Old June 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Sure, I do an update and THEN you guys decide to levy 8 votes...

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post
Sure, I do an update and THEN you guys decide to levy 8 votes...
That sounds familiar to me.

I hope Fulcrum at least gets a review. I think the map favors a balanced army more than it does a purely ranged one, or a purely melee one. I have seen all melee roll over a purely ranged build on it more than once. How can a map be bad if it encourages a balanced army build? Also, I don't feel the reavers are as stifling on the map as has been suggested.

I think not reviewing a map just because an all melee build struggles on it when matched up against a balanced build is a poor reason. Start playing some balanced builds!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 14th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

I think not reviewing a map just because an all melee build struggles on it when matched up against a balanced build is a poor reason. Start playing some balanced builds!!
BLASPHEMY!!

I don't even know if I own any ranged units...

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; June 14th, 2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Balanced? Does he mean use orcs and knights in the same army?
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

BLASPHEMY!!

I don't even know if I own any ranged units...
The D4 release of the Enema Scouts are going to be ranged units used by almost everyone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios