Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I had the same reservations as my colleagues did when I saw this nomination, but I voted yes, because Filthy did such a good job of “selling” him. So I began my games playing this guy and he is just fun. He adds new blood to the Gladiators, allows for more interesting builds, that Spartcus’ high point cost rebuffs and adds a Special Attack to the mix. Not only that, he also makes a Spartacus / Capuan Steamroller build even more potent.

My only reservation is that he is a modded figure, but since it only a little paint (or even a permanent marker works) and a small snip…its not too hard of a mod. People can still find Capuans out there at about $25 a pack, not bad price in this age of scape, and you can just mod him a bit and choose to use him as a Capuan or Priscus (Like you can with Samuel Brown).

So since he adds something to the Gladiators and can be modded easily, I vote YES to induct Flithy the Clown’s Priscus into the SoV.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Updated 77th Infantry Division card link

Didn't change anything I just finally got my Photobucket back working and it's much easier for me if all my cards are in one place.
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I'd like to nominate Killer Cactus's Green Wyrmling:

• Balance- Being the only wyrmling without a ranged special balances out his high defence.
  • Playability-All powers are clear, master stats make it powerful enough without overbalance. Fits the visual theme of the wyrmlings while remaining visually different.
  • Creativity- Mini version of Charos with twist on counterstrike... certainly.
  • Theme- Just as well as the rest of the wyrmlings.
  • Accessibility- Figure used is a Bronze Wyrmling from D&D minis, widely avaliable on Ebay for around $2

Last edited by Kaemon Awa 123; February 13th, 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added information pertaining to why it should be nominated.
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I like twist on Counterstrike and how this seems like a true Wyrmling varation of Charos.

I vote YES to review Killer Cactus's Green Wyrmling

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:43 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Broken record time. I echo ZBs thoughts on the Omnicron Battery and the Kuang-Shi. The size of the sculpts for the Omnicron Battery was the big sticking point for me. The model is too imposing to be common IMO. I like the Kuang-shi, but the placement of the marker on the unit base seems clunky to me.

No to review the Omnicron Battery and the Kuang-shi.

--

KCs Green Wyrmling. Looks like it falls very well within the mold of our current Wyrmlings. Yes to review.

-insert signature here-
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:20 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
I'd like to nominate Killer Cactus's Green Wyrmling:
  • Balance- Being the only wyrmling without a ranged special balances out his high defence.
  • Playability-All powers are clear, master stats make it powerful enough without overbalance. Fits the visual theme of the wyrmlings while remaining visually different.
  • Creativity- Mini version of Charos with twist on counterstrike... certainly.
  • Theme- Just as well as the rest of the wyrmlings.
  • Accessibility- Figure used is a Bronze Wyrmling from D&D minis, widely avaliable on Ebay for around $2
Thanks a ton to KA123 for the nomination!

There's not much more I can say about Li'l Greenie that hasn't been said above, considering there's such a basis to already work from (Charos and other Wyrmlings). I think he brings a more reliable place to store Order Markers with his 5 defense than White does, and a few Greens can be a nice melee screen should the other Wyrmlings need one. His defense also makes him the best glyph holder. I did go back and forth a bit on the stats (between this, 5/1/4/4 and 6/1/4/4), but I settled here. Fledging Counterstrike is pretty weak against heroes, so I wanted to try and make it go off more often.

I look forward to seeing if he gets the nod, and if so, the results!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

KC, congrats on the nomination. I love the version of CS you have on the card. I have one of these sculpts already, so it's right up my alley.

Old February 14th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like everything about the Green Wrymling and I think it would an exciting addition, particularly in a draft format.

But I am concerned about availability. When I looked last night I could only find two of them at major retailers and a dozen on eBay, unless you count the one that was $60, in which case there were 13.

If it were a unique hero that would be a borderline case, maybe still too few, maybe not.

But I have 4 of each of the wyrmlings and for red and white I wish I had more; as I said about Kuangshi, if I were to buy up four of them that would leave none at major retailers and ten on eBay.

For a common figure the availability is not there.

I vote no to reviewing killercactus' Green Wyrmling.

edit: ninja'ed by KC. *sigh* If I'm missing something obvious in my shopping methods, somebody feel free to point it out.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM

ABprices shows a little better availability of about 30 figures:

http://www.abprices.com/D/1747/bronze-wyrmling

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I love kc's Fledgling Counterstrike, and was hoping to see it come through here-I vote YES to reiew the Green Wyrmling.

At 70 points for a 2-man squad (that wants to get close to the enemy!) the 77th look like they may be difficult to play well, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I vote YES to review the 77th Infantry Division.

dok's Omnicron Battery has received 4 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

Doc Savage's Kuang-Shi has received 3 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and is removed from the process.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like everything about the Green Wrymling and I think it would an exciting addition, particularly in a draft format.

But I am concerned about availability. When I looked last night I could only find two of them at major retailers and a dozen on eBay, unless you count the one that was $60, in which case there were 13.

If it were a unique hero that would be a borderline case, maybe still too few, maybe not.

But I have 4 of each of the wyrmlings and for red and white I wish I had more; as I said about Kuangshi, if I were to buy up four of them that would leave none at major retailers and ten on eBay.

For a common figure the availability is not there.

I vote no to reviewing killercactus' Green Wyrmling.

edit: ninja'ed by KC. *sigh* If I'm missing something obvious in my shopping methods, somebody feel free to point it out.
?

...And quite a few of those have multiple ones avaliable...
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Help me out, KA. It was your nomination, after all.

I looked at your link and I see 13 Bronze Wyrmlings. How many are there really?

This is why, by the way, a thorough nomination includes information on availability. Not just price, but availability.

Anyway, KA, I can be persuaded. I'm listening...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs