Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Dark Phoenix - Designing

So we just reference "Jean Grey with the Unstable personality" as we did similarly on Phoenix's card. Thanks.
Old May 29th, 2012, 07:44 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
So we just reference "Jean Grey with the Unstable personality" as we did similarly on Phoenix's card. Thanks.
No problem.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I think A3n's issue may be playing against her.

With a move of 7, then an unblockable area of effect power potentially affecting 18 figures (I know, extreme), then the ability to move figures who are wounded from that special power (BTW, need to specify no leaving engagement attacks), then an attack of 6/7 at range 4, plus the ability to wound adjacent figures when she takes a wound, yeah, I'd say she might be pretty annoying.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dark Phoenix has been represented as one of the gravest threats to the Marvel Universe. She should be pretty terrifying / annoying.

I think another thing to consider is that while the evolutionary process does make Jean difficult to take out of the game, it also means you will have invested some 600-700 points in what amounts to one figure on the board at a time. Smart players should be able to maximize this advantage with things like bonding to really keep the heat against her.

Although I do worry about all the stages of Jean and Professor X. Is it possible she could be a species other than Mutant at this stage? Hasn't she kind of transcended mutanthood at this point?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Super-Mutant!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I think A3n's issue may be playing against her.

With a move of 7, then an unblockable area of effect power potentially affecting 18 figures (I know, extreme), then the ability to move figures who are wounded from that special power (BTW, need to specify no leaving engagement attacks), then an attack of 6/7 at range 4, plus the ability to wound adjacent figures when she takes a wound, yeah, I'd say she might be pretty annoying.
Interesting. But like Margloth said, this version of her is almost on the Event Hero level, as she single handily takes on the entire X-Men. She should be annoying and really tough to take down.

On the LEA, I didn't specify on Phoenix either. I thought if it wasn't specified, then it applied. Is that not the case, and are we OK with LEA being applied? Toad applies them, and he is only 95 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Dark Phoenix has been represented as one of the gravest threats to the Marvel Universe. She should be pretty terrifying / annoying.
Agreed.
Quote:
I think another thing to consider is that while the evolutionary process does make Jean difficult to take out of the game, it also means you will have invested some 600-700 points in what amounts to one figure on the board at a time. Smart players should be able to maximize this advantage with things like bonding to really keep the heat against her.
Right. Like in an X-Men army build, which makes a lot of thematic sense.
Quote:
Although I do worry about all the stages of Jean and Professor X. Is it possible she could be a species other than Mutant at this stage? Hasn't she kind of transcended mutanthood at this point?
Why worry. See your own point above. She is expensive, and certainly not the first: Magneto II.

Nope. She's a mutant, with a telepathic entity inside of her, but still a mutant.
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I love how this design builds on both Jean Grey and Phoenix, gonna have to read the Phoenix saga soon.

This design looks like a lot of fun.
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM

Good to know I'm not alone in that. I like this design a lot too.
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM

Spidey just graciously informed me in a PM that Dark Phoenix was not really Jean Grey. Of course, he is right.

I'm putting this design on hold for a little while, as I just got the Phoenix Saga last night, and it has been at least 20 years since I read it. So this is still close to me, and a high priority, but I need to reeducate myself and come back to this with a fresh mind. I am truly sorry if this offends anyone, and I promise to come back to this when I feel that I am ready.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Physically Dark Phoenix was Jean Grey. I think this progression from a Merciful Jean Grey (which I hope Marvel Girl would be) to Phoenix to Dark Phoenix is perfect. They may not be the same mind but they definitely shouldn't be drafted together since they are different phases of the same person.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, if it's still Jean Grey's body I think for the purposes of our game it makes complete sense to still call her Jean Grey ... but we could just drop the secret identity completely, I suppose, and just have the part about if she's drafted with a Jean Grey with the Unstable personality she starts off the battlefield, etc.

I think that's a pretty small thing, though, and other than that let me offer the opposite perspective from A3n and say I think this looks like a boatload of fun and very, very exciting!

I also like the idea of it turning Jean Grey into a one woman army who can take on a small group of X-Men by herself (very appropriate).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

Mechanically this design definitely needs the Jean Grey Sub-title whether or not the character is actually Jean Grey. (Phoenix Force in full on possession of Jean Grey's body)

I'd love to hear from A3n on what he thinks would be more fun for or than Psionic Wave, even if it is just rough ideas. I think this design looks fun personally and would love to get the ball rolling here and finish it off. What do you guys think?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library