Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Chicagoland Tournament- January 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
I will not be able to attend. A little too close to my wife's due date and to be 3 hours away is too risky.

So sorry!
Makes perfect sense. I hope things go smoothly for the two of you.
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

As we're getting closer to the date, I realized that we need a few more specifics for the tournament. See Post 1 for full run-down.

1000 point army registration
500 points/ 24 hex start zones for each game
all official HeroScape figures may be used (Classic, Marvel and D&D)
repaints are allowed, but not proxies
A player's army build cannot be the same from one game to the next, players must change a minimum of 200 points of their army between games

Am I missing anything other than maps? Glyph pools? Let me know...
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Put me down I got the date freed up, also whats the location?
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Put me down I got the date freed up, also whats the location?
Awesome, I'll add that to the front post, and the locale too...sheesh... (to self:That might be important.)
Old January 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

I will be there

vincent miner
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:00 AM

There seems to be some confusion about the format. You may bring and register up to 1000 points. If you bring other figs, fine, you just can't use unregistered figs in your tournament games. Each game will use 500 points of your registered troops.

When you learn what map you will have, you may then select your army for that battle, not once you know who your opponent is using. You write down your army, your opponent looks it over and you play.

Once you learn which map you have for the second game, you have a brief amount of time to select your army for that battle. No more than 300 points of you army from the first game can be used for the second game. You may switch your entire army if you choose, but you must switch at least 200 points.

Example:
Lets say that I do this for my 1000 points.

Grimnak 120
Krug 120
Ornak 100
Raelin (RotV) 80
Heavy Gruts x4 280
Stingers x 5 300

For my first game, I use Krug, Raelin and the Stingers. For the second, I have to switch 200 points. I see that the map has more terrain to hide in, so I drop Krug and two squads of Stingers (total of 240 points) and add Ornak and two squads of Heavies (also 240 points). For the third game, I can go back to the original army, or switch again. After looking at the map, I can decide that I want more melee, so I Raelin and the three Stinger squads (260 points) and replace them with Grimnak and two squads of Heavies (also 260).

Each game I used 500 points, but kept changing the build slightly.

If I have a figure that I want in each build (Raelin, perhaps) I can keep her in every game that I play, but must make the necessary 200 point changes.

I hope this clarifies things. If it doesn't just shoot me a PM.

~Legoboy
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What's the RSVP cut-off?
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:12 AM

January 21 when we get started...
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Figures my son has a chess tournament on the 21st with the high school chess team, so he will not be attending. My brother and I are still planning to attend.

Any decision yet on maps? My HS skills are pretty rusty so I will need a few days to get warmed up.
Old January 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Kids and their schedules... That's why I was only able to attend games at your brother's house once. Glad you can still make it.

Map decisions coming next week.

Also, we need some funds for prizes. Is there anyone against a $5 or $10 registration?
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

$5 sounds fine. I've got some unopened expansions acquired from other tournaments that I can donate to the prize table. I'll send a PM your way in a couple days about that.
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:26 AM

Cool, thanks Gary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events