Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Chicagoland Tournament- March 3rd

We've rescheduled the tournament. We're now scheduled for March 3rd.

Tournament Location
Lincoln School- cafeteria
410 157th St.
Calumet City, IL

We can use the main entrance to the building which is on 157th street. Follow the CLVI Legion Logo to the cafeteria.

Currently we plan on having a five round, swiss style tournament using strength of schedule as a tie-breaker. We will have a one game play-off to determine the champion if needed. There are several younger players in the tournament, so each game will have 70 minute time limit, with no new rounds starting after 65 minutes. Whole card scoring will be used to determine the winner if there is not a clear winner.

We can get in to set up starting at 9:30. Tournament regirtration will officially start at 10:00, unofficially it will start once we're set up. We'll start the tournament at 10:30. We can discuss planning a break once we have everyone situated and ready to play. The tournament should be over by six.

Registration and Prizes
There will be a $5 registration fee. Registration fees will be used to help pay for the prizes. You may register up to the time of the tournament's start time. More prizes will be discussed later after we know what we're doing.

Here are the prizes that we're sure of
3 sets of customized dice from Chessex
5 dice boxes
2 dice bags
10-12 cool d-20s (not the lame ones that came with the game)

Also, GaryLASQ is contributing some good stuff, but I'm leaving that suprise for him to spill. We are also trying to get a local vendor to pony up some stuff. Wish us luck!

Scape for Sale
Bring your check books or cash because the local comic book and game store will be on hand selling HeroScape and Heroclix as well as game accessories (d20s, dice bags). The employees will also demo the Heroclix game.

Army and Start Zone Requirements
Each player will be allowed to bring and register 1000 points. Players will be allowed to use 500 points per game with no more than 24 hexes of start zone.

All official Hasbro/WotC Heroscape figures will be allowed in the tournament. Everything that was ever released from RotV through Samuel Brown may be used, including Marvel. Repaints will be accepted, but please, no proxy figures. Players may not have more than one of the same unique army card in their army build. Also, players may not have both versions of Raelin and Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV and SotM) in their armies.

Players must swap out a minimum of 200 points of their army each round. A player may use the exact same army more than once, but not in consecutive rounds. So theoretically, a player only needs 700 points, but may bring as much as 1000. Players may bring two entirely different armies and switch back and forth between them if they choose, or mix-and-match to create a new army each round. More details (and an example) on that point are found here. Additionally, players may not swap 200 points of a common army card for 200 different points of the same army card. (Ex. No swapping two squads of Minions for two different squads of Minions.)

Glyphs
Each map will have one of two power glyphs, placed in the indicated spaces. The glyphs will be randomly selected by the tournament director and placed in the appropriate places before each game. If you do not understand any of the glyphs click here. (Fissure, Swamp Thing and Badru Valley will each only have one glyph, the rest will have two each.)
Glyph of Astrid (Attack +1)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +eight)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)
Glyph of Ivor (Range +4)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Erland (Summoning)
Glyph of Mitonsoul (Massive Curse)
Glyph of Lodin (Lucky Twenty-Sider)
Glyph of Rannveig (Wind)
Glyph of Crevcor (Common Attack +1)
Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
Glyph of Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1)
Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Nilrend (Negation)
Glyph of Oreld (Intercept Order)

Maps
We can provide these 11 maps. If we get more than 20 people, we will need some additional help for maps.
These were picked to provide a variety of terrain types as well as different looks for the game. Any maps including the tundra expansion will have the heavy snow/slippery ice rule determined on Saturday.

Blackroot (1 SotM, 2 RttFF)

Fire Isles (1 RotV, 1 VV)

Fissure (1 RotV, 1 TT)

Hot Heights (1RotV, 1 VV)

Invasion (1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ)

Jotun's Gap (1 RotV, 1 BftU)

Knophree Pass (1 RotV, 2 RttFF)

Glyphs are not indicated on this map, but will be in a central location just off of the road.

Mayberry (2 MtCB, 2 RttFF)

Sidewinder (1 RotV, 1 TT)

Sirocco (2 BftU, 1TJ)

Ticalla Sunrise (1 SotM, 1 TJ)

Others are bringing the following maps.
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh- RotV and RttFF
Swamp Thing- RotV and RttFF
Badru Valley- RotV and RttFF

Videotaping
We are planning on video taping the tournament to create a documentary which will be featured on youtube. By attending the tournament all players and spectators agree to being videotaped and being a part of this documentary.

If you are interested in attending, please leave a note in the thread.

Thanks.
~Legoboy

Confirmed Attendees
1. GaryLASQ
2. Gary's Son
3. Gary's Brother
4. the ShogUn
5. Thor
6. infectedsloth
7. tokomi
8. vegietarian18
9. veggie's dad
10. Hahma
11. Hahma's Nephew
12. Jexik
13. The Bearded One (needs a squad of Minions)
14. Clarissimus
15. 133lucas (needs a squad of Knights)
16. Lucas' Friend 1
17. Lucas' Friend 2
18. Lucas' Friend 3
19. Scarlet Stinger
20. Paul
21. Redman
Legoboy- playing only to keep numbers even. No one wants to sit out a round.

Appearing but not playing
Captain Canuck
Kruggin

Maybe
Boromir96

Last edited by legoboy; March 2nd, 2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Up to date as of 9:30 pm on Friday 2/2
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Jan/Feb Chicagoland Tournament

My brother and I are definitely interested, I bet I could get some of my friends to come too. As far as the tournament structure goes I like it. Instant kill will make for some very interesting matches, and will encourage people to use some figures that don't usually see much tournament play time.
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that would be too far for me.

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I think that would be too far for me.
I was just at the one in Peoria, it isn't that far. See if someone else from that area is making the trip and carpool.

But if you do come, Cyprien counts one of the necessary figures.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It isn't where it is,it's that neither my Mom or Dad would drive me,and I doubt Samuelfrost4 could take me either. Technically I could go with another one of the Peoria scapers,But my parents would never let me go on a car-trip with someone they don't know personally.

But I wold totally play Cyprien.
(although he couldn't insta kill charos)

Last edited by boromir96; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation

I'm in.
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:16 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

What's the defination of 'insta-kill' like Boromir mentioned, Cyprien does a certain amount of wounds but can't insta-kill everyone. If he's allowed in, I'd think you'd have to allow anyone who rolls a d20 to do a wound, since it has the possibility of being an insta-kill.
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
What's the defination of 'insta-kill' like Boromir mentioned, Cyprien does a certain amount of wounds but can't insta-kill everyone. If he's allowed in, I'd think you'd have to allow anyone who rolls a d20 to do a wound, since it has the possibility of being an insta-kill.
Hmmm... Cyprien has the possibility of dishing 6 wounds which will instantly kill most figures in the game. Although not all.... I need to think about that. You considering coming?
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:04 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

You could put me down as a doubtful, but possible. I'd have to wait until a more concrete date is set. I'd love to attend though, but it's a big time commitment with the drive.
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Hmmm... Cyprien has the possibility of dishing 6 wounds which will instantly kill most figures in the game. Although not all.... I need to think about that. You considering coming?
Although he COULD kill ANYONE in one turn,EVEN CHAROS!!!You just roll a 20,and then roll 3 skulls,and have Charos whiff!!!!!(or if you had height roll 4 skulls and Charos gets to roll one shield!!!!But he'd still be dead)

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

couldn't kill Q9 in one turn...(without height or another booster)
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

There are limitations on every D-20 insta-kill. For example, Braxas's acid breath only works on small or medium figures. This is a much larger limitation than Cyprien's, and that should be noted.

(Also, I might be interested in coming. It'd be a matter of when, and if I had any conflicts, as well as how interesting of a format. To be honest, a format I would really like to attend would be a common squad limiting tournament, to prevent lots of the same squad filling and army. Maybe max should be x2 of one squad? Just a thought)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events