Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

You are awesome.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Viegon again.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good stuff, Viegon! 1A is probably the most elegant mechanically, but turning him Tiny feels off thematically, making me lean more towards 2A.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 29th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like 1A as well, but I think 2B covers the most material, and makes the most sense. But it isn't nearly as pretty as 1A. Also, I think he should be able to avoid powers that aren't adjacent, and maybe not size specific (don't you think he should be able to escape from Doom's Elaborate Pit Trap?)
Old August 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Maybe something along these lines (based on 2B but a bit broader, so as to affect things like Elaborate Pit Trap, Gravitational Grasp & Auto Chain Gun)?

WORLD'S GREATEST ESCAPE ARTIST

While moving with Mister Miracle, all opponent's figures are negated until the end of his move. Mister Miracle may move through all figures, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and his Move number cannot be reduced by any special power. Mister Miracle may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Mister Miracle allows him to be moved.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Perhaps we should also give him vanish?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old August 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Meh, I don't think he needs it, unless Darkraptor wants to drop his defense a bunch. It sort of fits the "escape artist" mold, but I think it's too much IMHO
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
1A is probably the most elegant mechanically, but turning him Tiny feels off thematically, making me lean more towards 2A.
Personally, it's the same thing as Carry powers. A strict following of the way it plays, Carry powers are actually teleporting the figure; but, that can be overlooked as it's otherwise easy to explain thematically.

For Mister Miracle, instead of looking at it as him shrinking, I look at as him having the attributes of a tiny figure; his escaping skills are on the same level as figures that can shrink, he can achieve the same things.

All that said, I have no particular attachment to that version of the power, I just prefer it's elegance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Also, I think he should be able to avoid powers that aren't adjacent, and maybe not size specific (don't you think he should be able to escape from Doom's Elaborate Pit Trap?)
While he probably should be able to avoid Elaborate Pit Trap, I don't think he should be able avoid Gravitational Grasp, Psionic Grip, Vertigo Projection, etc.

No matter what there will be odd interactions, I just don't think that can be used to justify any one of the versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
WORLD'S GREATEST ESCAPE ARTIST
While moving with Mister Miracle, all opponent's figures are negated until the end of his move. Mister Miracle may move through all figures, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and his Move number cannot be reduced by any special power. Mister Miracle may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Mister Miracle allows him to be moved.
That could work, although I really worry there are interactions out there I'm missing that makes this version overpowered (being placed solely during his movement phase thankfully gets around him negating powers like Fantastic Force Field and so forth).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Perhaps we should also give him vanish?
Meh, I don't think he needs it, unless Darkraptor wants to drop his defense a bunch. It sort of fits the "escape artist" mold, but I think it's too much IMHO
I have to agree with Smithy here. While Vanish would work, I don't think it's needed, and if it was used his stats would have to come down drastically.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 29th, 2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Also, I think he should be able to avoid powers that aren't adjacent, and maybe not size specific (don't you think he should be able to escape from Doom's Elaborate Pit Trap?)
While he probably should be able to avoid Elaborate Pit Trap, I don't think he should be able avoid Gravitational Grasp, Psionic Grip, Vertigo Projection, etc.

No matter what there will be odd interactions, I just don't think that can be used to justify any one of the versions.
I'm not sure if he is just a skilled escape artist, or if he is supernaturally escape-y. If it is the later, I think he should be able to escape all powers. But I still think we could justify him being able to escape powers like Gravitational Grasp.
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I agree with Smithy - if this guy can escape a Magnetic Throw, he should be able to escape a Gravitational Grasp (also, the line about his movement never being reduced automatically negates Vertigo Projection anyway). I've found Graviton to be seriously irritating in some of my games, so it would be nice to see a guy who can bypass some of his powers.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I let out a groan anytime Graviton graces our game map.
Unless I have Ghost Rider.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM

Never played with graviton, but I can imagine he would be a pain.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
1A is probably the most elegant mechanically, but turning him Tiny feels off thematically, making me lean more towards 2A.
Personally, it's the same thing as Carry powers. A strict following of the way it plays, Carry powers are actually teleporting the figure; but, that can be overlooked as it's otherwise easy to explain thematically.

For Mister Miracle, instead of looking at it as him shrinking, I look at as him having the attributes of a tiny figure; his escaping skills are on the same level as figures that can shrink, he can achieve the same things.

All that said, I have no particular attachment to that version of the power, I just prefer it's elegance.
Valid arguments ... Here's a thought: what if instead of making him Tiny, it made it so he had no size designation at all? I think that'd work for me better thematically, and it wouldn't paint us into a design corner with the Tiny size.

Quote:
Never played with graviton, but I can imagine he would be a pain.
Did you see the first episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? He plays exactly like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy