Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
My wife surprised me with the Wiz-War expansion. We'll be playing Wiz-War tonight!
I won my first and only game of Wiz-War that I played (I finished off a wizard that another player brought down to one life, scoring a crucial point). I'm curious what the expansion brings.

Old March 21st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Only 1 game of one of the best games ever made?

TW, play more Wiz-War!

The expansion adds more ways for the wizards to kill each other and another player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 21st, 2014, 06:58 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The expansion adds more ways for the wizards to kill each other and another player.
I don't think I want to play a game where the wizards in the game can kill a player.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like Jumanji!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 21st, 2014, 11:58 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just finished my first game of Betrayal at House on the Hill. I realize there is perhaps a renewed interest in this game after it appeared on Tabletop (and evidenced by the fact that it completely sold out, and most of the new reprint is selling like crazy), so in an effort not to reveal any of the Haunt details to those that care about that, I'll put my discussion in a spoiler.

Spoiler Alert!

I can see why this game is a hit, and I look forward to playing it again. Unfortunately, given the grisly nature of some of the Haunts, I'm thinking it may not see much play time at my house. The box says "12 and up," but some of the Haunts seem a little intense. I'm hoping to have the opportunity to play this again in adult company.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Memoir 44

Got this back to the table playing a scenario from the Air Pack. My dad was able to launch airplanes during both battles (one as French and one as Germans when we switched sides), and he delivered some potent strafing runs (fly over units and roll a die to attack). He also did some ground interdiction. Using this type of air mission, you position your plane adjacent to opponent's units, and those units can't move during their turn.

Anyway, the Germans won both scenarios 4-1 and 4-0. Since I scored the 1 point playing the Allies, I won the Match 5-4.

Then I checked out Memoir44.com, and I see they're releasing a set of 6 pre-printed battle maps as Memoir 44: D-Day Landings to commemorate D-Day. You can even combine maps together for a massive battle! I don't have the table space or the number of breakthrough decks/sets necessary to play, but I can drool and I can covet. The maps are printed on paper, which is how they printed their overlord maps. They are also as wide as breakthrough, but deeper than breakthrough by 6 hexes.

It was great fun getting this game back on the table.

Last edited by davidlhsl; March 22nd, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Speaking of games getting back on the table, I realized that I could use the same platforms around the house that I use for transporting 'Scape maps to the tournaments. Which meant that we could play some of the bigger games, that take more than one sitting in our busy house, and play them.

So Mage Wars hit the table again. KidScaper and I were both thrilled to blow the dust off it and remind ourselves what the rules are, and we had a fun game that actually stayed within the normal time window, too. I think it took about an hour, after we had our decks built & in the books. Much, much faster from the 2 hours or more it used to take.

We're trying not to turtle any more to get the games moving faster, which led KidScaper to play a little too aggressively with his Wizard, who overextended, and approached my Beastmaster with one big ethereal baddie, but he was unprepared to defend himself from the Death of 1,000 Bitterwood Foxes. It was a lot of fun, and we were very happy to get this one out again.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 22nd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Memoir 44

Got this back to the table playing a scenario from the Air Pack. My dad was able to launch airplanes during both battles (one as French and one as Germans when we switched sides), and he delivered some potent strafing runs (fly over units and roll a die to attack). He also did some ground interdiction. Using this type of air mission, you position your plane adjacent to opponent's units, and those units can't move during their turn.

Anyway, the Germans won both scenarios 4-1 and 4-0. Since I scored the 1 point playing the Allies, I won the Match 5-4.

Then I checked out Memoir44.com, and I see they're releasing a set of 6 pre-printed battle maps as Memoir 44: D-Day Landings to commemorate D-Day. You can even combine maps together for a massive battle! I don't have the table space or the number of breakthrough decks/sets necessary to play, but I can drool and I can covet. The maps are printed on paper, which is how they printed their overlord maps. They are also as wide as breakthrough, but deeper than breakthrough by 6 hexes.

It was great fun getting this game back on the table.
Cool to see you get it back to the table David. The D-Day battle maps thing has been a topic in our group and I'm sure it will be purchased and get some play

Someone in our group posted this picture from Days of Wonder, who makes Memoir. And below that is the map image for it. We've done 8 player Overlord games before with one player on each side being the commanding General and issuing cards to each of his 3 subordinates, but only a couple maps were used I believe. Nothing like what they have below. Though it was still fun.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 23rd, 2014, 01:31 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I played two games of Kemet today with Shermandavies and Chas. It was mine and SD's first time, so Chas, who has played a number of times, won the first game. But in the second game, it was as close as a game could get.

We each had 8 victory points (the number needed to win). The tiebreaker was the number of points each player had from winning battles (as opposed to victory points from other accomplishments). SD had 6 battle VP's, I had 5 and Chas had 4. You know a game is close when even the tiebreaking rule still has all three players within one point of each other.

Fun game, and definitely one I would play again.

Old March 23rd, 2014, 06:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Continuing with Taeblewalker's post above, the first tie breaker in Kemet is as he says, but the second if that's still a tie, is who went earlier in the turn order--usually the worst position--where I had placed TW, who had been ahead of us both at the end of the previous turn (as the lowest VP player, the turn order had been my choice). This was TW, but he was now wiped off the map, and so could no longer get points that turn, but had the most VPs. (In Kemet, losing your men or even all of them is not such a big deal, as you can come back easily enough. But its all about the timing, and in this case he couldn't come back in this last turn, as he'd used up his two Movement actions).

When the turn came around to me, we figured that I might determine the winner by my next action. Rather than set up an automatic ending that way and be a 'king maker,' I went to both maximize my own points and try to catch up, as well as make it a possibly become a tie between the other two (VPs can be both gained and lost by players), so the game would continue for another turn and I'd have a later chance at winning myself. With an attack on SD, I came from several points behind at that moment to tie TW. But SD still had an effective movement turn left, and managed to tie us with an attack, which gave him the type of Battle VP to both tie us both, but win due to having one more of that type than TW or me. What a game! In Kemet, there are about seven different types of VPs, all earned in different ways; some are permanent, some temporary.

So it was that after many other interesting events in the first three turns, Bast the Cat Goddess with her clawed female follower figures (SD) beat out both Horus the Hawk God with his hawk helmeted guys (TW) and Sebek the Crocodile God with his long spears (Me) for the win. CROCODILOPOLIS!!!* Foiled Again!

Kemet and Cyclades (both made by Metagot) will both get a new expansion coming up, probably this year. The Cyclades Second Expansion will be up first next September--'Cyclades Titans,' following up the first, 'Cyclades Hades.'

In other recent news on bgg, C&C Napoleonics will not only have the Prussians, an Epic two board version, and 'Generals and Marshals' (possibly a card deck) but ALSO Minor Ally forces for both sides and 1812 Americans! Wow!!! GMT knows a winner when they see one.

*For those who don't remember my last Kemet post, 'Crocodilopolis' is the actual translation of the city where Sebek was worshipped in Ancient Egypt (aka 'Kemet'). Hopefully you can see how exciting a game it is. Each of the gods becomes different every game as you buy a new combination of Power Tiles to pump them up permanently, and accumulate one time use 'Divine Intervention' cards to play at critical times. Its a god thing.

Last edited by chas; March 23rd, 2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good stuff fellas. I enjoy Kemet, it's a cool game for sure!

I'm hoping to play some C&C Napoleonics soon with my friend Brian, I'll let him know about that new stuff coming out for it. Though he may already know, as he is very active on BGG.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games