Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old September 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel version of BoV, anyone?

I imagine they're busy, but what about some of the guys working on the TF2 mod? Perhaps Velenne?

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I still haven't heard anything back from truth yet for some reason and he hasn't put anything on the front page.
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonic View Post
I'd love to help, but don't have nearly enough experience with the finer points of map making. If there's anything else you need help with let me know! Or, if you feel you have decent judging criteria, I'm sure I could be judgeworthy in a reasonable capacity.

I think that to be a judge you should have at least posted some Marvel Maps (or classic maps for that matter) and neither of the current judges have, at least that I could find.

Stumpy_man, its most likely because right now there has only been discussion and nothing has actually happened yet.
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

Hmm...

Alderaan shot first
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
......I think if you allowed only marvel terrain, it would put all those map builders out there to the test. If you can make a good marvel-only map, you can make a great map of any kind. It's similar to that 10 words tales of heroscape contest. By limiting it, you show who can really make some of the best maps. And even though a whole lot of maps may not get approved, it would still give the community at least a few maps that are considered tournament worthy
Do people even have Marvel only tournaments?

I do not see an overwhelming need being met by this effort, but I wish you guys all the best with it.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
......I think if you allowed only marvel terrain, it would put all those map builders out there to the test. If you can make a good marvel-only map, you can make a great map of any kind. It's similar to that 10 words tales of heroscape contest. By limiting it, you show who can really make some of the best maps. And even though a whole lot of maps may not get approved, it would still give the community at least a few maps that are considered tournament worthy

I do not see an overwhelming need being met by this effort, but I wish you guys all the best with it.
I think with a framework and some set standards there could be more involvement and interest. I initially shied away from Marvel myself, but was attracted to the concept of quick set-up and army selection.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM

R˙chean, you're right that there aren't really Marvel-only tournaments yet. However, with the prospect of them being in the future if the new Marvel stuff is released then people will need some maps. I also think that there are very few Marvel maps out there for people to choose from and this way we can provide good marvel maps for people to play on.

Oh and Shades Fan said he would be interested in judging.
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I haven't shied away from anything. There are 10 figures. There needs to be more units to have a viable tournament scene. Hopefully, there are more to come and the efforts here will be ahead of the curve.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Yes I agree that before there can be tournaments there needs to be more figures. I think a Marvel BoV should provide good Marvel maps for people to play on. There is not a very wide selection as of now and I think this would help.
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I haven't shied away from anything. There are 10 figures. There needs to be more units to have a viable tournament scene. Hopefully, there are more to come and the efforts here will be ahead of the curve.
Apologies.. I was not suggesting you did, just explaining my personal hesitance to try it out. I, too, would love to have more units.

Old September 7th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

I agree, The only thing I would suggest for this, is to make sure that it isn't stickied, this is by no means really important, and I wouldn't want it to take away from the main BoV, which I think greatly of!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I agree, The only thing I would suggest for this, is to make sure that it isn't stickied, this is by no means really important, and I wouldn't want it to take away from the main BoV, which I think greatly of!
This is in the Marvel section, what difference would it make if it were stickied? I realize I'm low in the post count, but is shutting down ideas what this community is about? I was under the impression it was to the contrary.. a few comments in this thread have me thinking otherwise.

That said, I think the Marvel game lends itself to different scenarios and gameplay than vanilla HS and merits at least a focused attempt at standardization. If this initiatve leads to new and better maps, what's wrong with keeping it at the top of a Marvel forum section?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios