Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 29th, 2015, 01:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I haven't bought anything Scum & Villainy...I've already got two factions to sink money into. I don't need a third.
I haven't sunk any money into anything yet. Scum and Villainy appeals to me because when I play with my brother and buddies there will be times where none of us will want to play as the Empire--Scum and Villainy would let the non-Rebel use Y-Wings, Headhunters, and the other scum ships.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 29th, 2015, 02:43 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I wish CSI and MM had the Most Wanted pack in stock; I really want it but don't want to spend $40.
I'm in the same boat, but be patient and it will be restocked sooner than later. Fantasy Flight has done a good job of keeping everything available with minimal wait times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I haven't bought anything Scum & Villainy...I've already got two factions to sink money into. I don't need a third.
The great thing about the Most Wanted set is you get three ships plus you can repurpose ships you already own for the scum and villainy faction with the extra dials you get. It's a pretty great deal to kick off a whole new faction at the cost of one set.
Old December 29th, 2015, 03:05 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm in the same boat, but be patient and it will be restocked sooner than later. Fantasy Flight has done a good job of keeping everything available with minimal wait times.

The great thing about the Most Wanted set is you get three ships plus you can repurpose ships you already own for the scum and villainy faction with the extra dials you get. It's a pretty great deal to kick off a whole new faction at the cost of one set.
I thought I read that the Scum and Villainy set doesn't come with stuff for converting Rebel Headhunters into Scum Headhunters. Is that true? Seems odd, since it lets you convert Rebel Y-Wings.

--
--
--

--
Old December 29th, 2015, 03:17 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

I thought I read that the Scum and Villainy set doesn't come with stuff for converting Rebel Headhunters into Scum Headhunters. Is that true? Seems odd, since it lets you convert Rebel Y-Wings.
It comes with maneuver dials and tokens for the Firespray-31, HWK-290, 2 Y-wings, and 2 Z-95 Headhunters. So for the cost of the three ships in the box you can fly a total of 6 S&V ships if you already own the firespray, HWK-290, and a rebel y-wing.
Old December 29th, 2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
It comes with maneuver dials and tokens for the Firespray-31, HWK-290, 2 Y-wings, and 2 Z-95 Headhunters. So for the cost of the three ships in the box you can fly a total of 6 S&V ships if you already own the firespray, HWK-290, and a rebel y-wing.
Right. So if you had two Rebel Headhunters, is there something stopping you from flying 4 scum and villainy headhunters by using the two rebel dials with two of the extra scum headhunter pilots?

--
--
--

--
Old December 29th, 2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Right. So if you had two Rebel Headhunters, is there something stopping you from flying 4 scum and villainy headhunters by using the two rebel dials with two of the extra scum headhunter pilots?
In casual play, I don't see any problem with this, but it wouldn't be acceptable for tournament or league play. I've got a list of upgrade cards and mods I want to print out for casual play, but if I want to use any of them in organized play, I'd need to buy them or borrow them.

You're not even allowed to use the battlefield maps unless they are the fantasy flight ones, which I feel is a bit much. I think it's more the lame reason that someone could memorize the patterns on the unofficial ones that bothers me more than the actual rule. Like someone couldn't memorize the official ones the same way? Stupid.
Old December 29th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In casual play, I don't see any problem with this, but it wouldn't be acceptable for tournament or league play.
That was the initial ruling, but it was later ruled that any faction's maneuver dial is acceptable. So if you buy one Most Wanted, you could fly all 4 headhunters you own, assuming you have the proper pilot cards and base chits for all of them. Most Wanted is the best value expansion X-wing has released so far - you just have to already own a Y-wing, Firespray, and Hwk-290 to get the value out of it.

I print out every upgrade card and pilot card I don't own so that I can fly almost anything in casual play, but I am a bit more limited for tournaments since I don't purchase everything. I'd strongly recommend it. At the very least, you get to try out some pilots and upgrades to see if purchasing a certain expansion is worthwhile.
Old December 29th, 2015, 06:29 PM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

I found out Sears sells X-Wing stuff online, which is awesome cuz I have had a $100 gift card from them for over a year now that I got cuz I couldnt get my cash money back from a couple pairs of shoes I bought and returned without a receipt.

I already ordered the Imperial Aces pack from them online, and I was thinking about getting either the Rebel Transport or Tantive IV expansions. That being said, I am a newbie to this game and haven't even played a single match yet, so I was wondering if I should spend my money on the smaller ships first. Will adding one of this Huge Ships throw off my playing if I get them so soon? I currently only have the Core Set and the Rebel Aces pack.
Old December 29th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
You would be able to fly 4 Z-95s using the Rebel dials, though you'd have 2 PS1s and 2 PS3 Zs for the Scum since it only comes with 2 of each pilot skill.
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Best expansion is the shuttles! I have 6 of them and absolutely love flying them. Though of course I took melee to the range fight back in the day so you may want to take that into consideration...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Best expansion is the shuttles! I have 6 of them and absolutely love flying them. Though of course I took melee to the range fight back in the day so you may want to take that into consideration...
A shuttle with Palpatine and two Aces is a strong list, but it's tricky to fly (and you'll need to buy the Raider, which while expensive makes the TIE Advanced extremely good with it's included cards).
Old December 30th, 2015, 01:05 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

I was wondering if there was somewhere online that had like a Book of Indexes or a Power Rankings for the X-Wing game. I am wondering like what each ship's role and gameplay style are in the game.

Last edited by The Silver King; December 30th, 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures