Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Favorite Stat?
Life 2 8.00%
Movement 7 28.00%
Range 4 16.00%
Attack 9 36.00%
Defense 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22nd, 2015, 08:47 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker
Favorite Stat?

Heroscape units all have 5 core statistics:

-Life
-Movement
-Range
-Attack
-Defense

Of course, all of these stats are very important, and ideally good units have outstanding values for all of these. However, that doesn't mean that you can't favor one stat over the others! Which of these do you folks find to catch your attention the most when the value is higher? Which singular stat do you find impresses you the most?

The stat that sticks out for me the most is Range. Simply having the ability to attack a huge number of potential targets while staying in more or less the same area has just always appealed to me a lot. In fact, I really enjoy playing units like the Krav Maga Agents, the Omnicron Snipers, Deadeye Dan, Zettian Guards, and Syvarris simply because they can hit enemies from so far away.

What do you like and why?

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old April 22nd, 2015, 08:57 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Favorite Stat?

Defense. Most cards seem to have higher defense values than attack, and I find decent enjoyment in chucking a bunch of dice. Love having 9 defense with deathwalkers, even if a blade grut will stroll on up and kill them with only 1-2 skulls.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

ATTTAAAAAACKK, who doesn't like to kill stuff. You can have tons of other stats, but only one will let you really kill stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Life. Ever since Charos, having a ton of Life is where it's at. I don't like waiting on just one flop to die.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:33 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
ATTTAAAAAACKK, who doesn't like to kill stuff. You can have tons of other stats, but only one will let you really kill stuff.
+1!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:36 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Defense is the best. Your troops can get out of a nasty situation with great defensive rolls. It brings the most anxiety to the table when rolling, compared to anything else. Plus, you get to roll dice! Who doesn't love some variables to spices the game?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 04:48 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Going with defense on this one.

High defense is the most intimidating thing to me.

Which is one of the reasons a Zettian Guard is my avatar.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 05:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Give me a completely average ranged hero:

Life: 3
Move: 5
Range: 6
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

Now ask me which of those I most want to improve.

It's range. Add 1 to that range number and not only do I have a significantly larger threat range, but I also gain battlefield positioning advantage over anything with a range of 6 and an extra turn against melee figures with a move of 5 before they can engage.

~Aldin, in essence maximizing his good fortune by getting +1 Attack and Defense from height by taking +1 range

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion