Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

View Poll Results: Is DRAGON Magazine going to Electronic Media a good thing?
Yes; i get tired of waiting for the mail. 0 0%
No; i like sitting on the couch reading. 7 38.89%
I'll have to wait and see 4 22.22%
Don't know. Don't care. Don't read it. 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
DRAGON is Dead!

no rumor, this is confirmed. i just got off the phone with my friend out at WOTC! he just posted this article on the official website:::

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070419a

so now i'm depressed. can't wait to get a notice about my subscription...

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Wow that huge news, in a bad way...
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I have no idea what that is.

I'll be leaving now.

*walks away*
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Im not dead.

You actually scared me!

OMG, Im dead. Wait no Im not.

I have no clue about DRAGON

My Signature
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I voted wait and see. I can see good and bad. When I read Dragon, I'd be kind of peeved if it was online only. It just isn't that portable as a digital product, and I don't like the idea of printing everything out. Now I wouldn't mind it as much. I'd put it on Lappy and be good to go.
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I haven't read Dragon since college. I still read Nodwick online though, so I guess this is a good change for me.

~Aldin, shrugging

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not a fan of reading zines or books on the internet or a computer at all. I'm also not a fan of watching a 20 minute or longer video on a computer. If the computer is hooked up to a TV and I'm in my recliner, this last is fine. Reading zines and books electronically still sucks, though. Sorry Codex...

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If this was 12 years ago and I still played D&D, I wouldn't be too happy about it. Although it does say its going to be an online publication now, there are a lot of quality online zines; the HSCodex just to name one.

Being that I don't play D&D and am now a Board Gamer, I'm more upset that Games Quarterly is going to cease publication. I was looking forward to getting board game expansions and not having to buy a German gaming magazine to do it.
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I hate this. I've been buying Dragon as well as Dungeon for my own games. I've got a massive collection of clippings of my favorite articles in a notebook, essentially making one of the most-referenced D&D books in my collection. Plus, I love sitting back in an armchair and reading gaming goodness.
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
I used to read Dragon back in the day just for the game ideas even when I didn't play AD&D. I guess it is a sign of the changing times. I don't mind reading online at all, so I'll take a look; even if it is just for nostalgia's sake.
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
I hate this. I've been buying Dragon as well as Dungeon for my own games. I've got a massive collection of clippings of my favorite articles in a notebook, essentially making one of the most-referenced D&D books in my collection. Plus, I love sitting back in an armchair and reading gaming goodness.
You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the old Dragon Mirth with devil making a snow angel and the other devil says, "WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?", do you? If you do, could you send me a copy of it, please?
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the old Dragon Mirth with devil making a snow angel and the other devil says, "WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?", do you? If you do, could you send me a copy of it, please?
Good stuff. No, once I've finished reading one of those mags they get cut up and only bits and pieces survive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games