Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 29th, 2020, 10:09 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Tickle Does the Public Design Thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post

NAME = Super-Adaptoid

SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Event Hero
CLASS = Minion? Adversary? Antagonist?
PERSONALITY = Calculating

SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 8

LIFE = 15

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

DENSITY CONTROL
Super-Adaptoid can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Super-Adaptoid cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Super-Adaptoid may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

POWER MIMICRY
Start the game with 8 green Mimic Markers. Whenever Super-Adaptoid attacks an adjacent Unique or Event Hero or is attacked by a Unique or Event Hero, you may place a Mimic Marker on that figures card. For the remainder of the game, Super-Adaptoid may use any of its special powers in addition to its own. If any of its special powers refer to that figure or that figure’s card, they refer to Super-Adaptoid or Super-Adaptoid’s card instead.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Pretty sure he had a limit of 6 powers he could copy. Limited processing power back in those days.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 29th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The Super-Adaptoid can absorb the powers of other super beings and the artifacts they posses at the moment that he come in contact with them. It has absorbed the powers of Atlas, Ant-Man, Beast, Black Knight, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Citizen V (Zemo), Dr. Druid, Goliath, Hawkeye, Hercules, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Kubik, Iron Man, Mach-I ( Beetle), Machine Man, Mr. Fantastic, Moonstone, Quasar ( Phyla-Vell), Quicksilver, Red Skull, Scarlet Witch, Songbird, Spider-Man, Techno, Thing, Thor, Vision and Wasp. Most of its templates were lost after Bruce Banner and Annihilus reprogrammed it. As a techno-organic being it demonstrated no special qualities.
This makes it sound like that's not the case. I am fine giving him fewer Markers though.
Old April 29th, 2020, 10:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
For reference, since they showed them off last time I asked about Super-Adaptoid;
Ronin take
Japes take

I definitely feel like there's some merit to the "Amazo but for Avengers" take that Ronin has going on, but that's obviously a completely separate thing from the direction you and japes are leaning in.

My main worry with the power copying mechanic is power combos. If S-A copies both a Magical Defense figure and Jason, is he essentially now impervious to all attacks that aren't from MD figures? What happens if he copies Daring Decoy and Vigilante Protection then stands next to a friendly Batman?
Ronin and I were basing it off two different minis. Ronin focused on the mini that had copied Avenger's powers where I was basing it off the blank mini. It stalled out precisely for the reasons you stated.

I had another draft in addition to what you posted that took a slightly different approach that forced the opponent to constantly attack in a different way as he learned from each wound.

Something along the lines of Cappy caused a wound with his Shield toss so SuperAd. Put an adapt marker on Cap so now Cap would essentially have his S.A. Negated when attacking Super Adaptoid.

I think I had sort of a reverse lantern thing going where his stats get better as he loses markers.

Oh also to get around the adding life I think I had him at 15 life and starting with four wounds. Every time he burns a marker he healed a wound. So essentially every adaptation marker used he gained a life point.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 29th, 2020, 10:24 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
The Super-Adaptoid can absorb the powers of other super beings and the artifacts they posses at the moment that he come in contact with them. It has absorbed the powers of Atlas, Ant-Man, Beast, Black Knight, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Citizen V (Zemo), Dr. Druid, Goliath, Hawkeye, Hercules, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Kubik, Iron Man, Mach-I ( Beetle), Machine Man, Mr. Fantastic, Moonstone, Quasar ( Phyla-Vell), Quicksilver, Red Skull, Scarlet Witch, Songbird, Spider-Man, Techno, Thing, Thor, Vision and Wasp. Most of its templates were lost after Bruce Banner and Annihilus reprogrammed it. As a techno-organic being it demonstrated no special qualities.
This makes it sound like that's not the case. I am fine giving him fewer Markers though.
Pretty sure he can copy as many as he wants he can only hope 6. When he copies #7 he "forgets" #1

But it's possible they changed him at some point.

EDIT: looks like I was mistaken...he maxed out at 8 not 6 at any given time. That's according to marvel wiki.

Old April 29th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yea I could definitely see there being some problematic combos. That’s why I made him an Event Hero so he’s more of a scenario. You will have to think about who you bring to take him down.
I would restrict the marker interactions to enemy figures, then, or Soundwarp will just attack his own Robins to power him up.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 29th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Good call. That was my intent anyways.
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

Bio- Eli Wirtham and his young brother were close as kids. So when his brother died of a rare disease, Eli vowed to become a great healer to honor his brother and help those in need. Through his studies, he discovered that a company had developed a cure to the same ailment his brother had suffered and died from. Over time he built a medical empire using his business prowess and intellect, eventually buying the company that had developed the cure that could have saved his brother's life. One day when he was looking over the company's records, he discovered the company had developed the cure years before, but they kept it off the market until the economy was more profitable. This happened to take place while his brother was still alive. If the company put life before profit, he would likely still be alive. Outraged over this information, Eli made another vow: to not let justice slip through the cracks because of technicalities and greed ever again.

Eli underwent an operation and had his heart replaced with a artificial heart, capable of generating vast amounts of power electrical charges. He then developed a staff to focus the energy into concussive blast, able to blow holes in concrete and steel. He also created a pseudo-skin made out of vibranium mesh to help protect him in dangerous situations. Coupled with the padding from his costume, Eli can vault over high walls and jump from great heights without getting hurt. With these new powers, he became Cardiac; a heart that beats for justice.

NAME = Cardiac

SECRET IDENTITY = Elias Wirtham

SPECIES = Cyborg
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Vigilante
PERSONALITY = Determined

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

ELECTRIC STAFF VAULT
After moving and instead of attacking, if Cardiac moved at least 3 spaces and is unengaged, he may Electric Staff Vault. Electric Staff Vault has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Electric Staff Vault, ignore elevations. Cardiac may vault over water without stopping, vault over figures without becoming engaged, and vault over obstacles such as ruins. Cardiac may not vault more than 8 levels up or down in a single vault. After using Electric Staff Vault, roll one unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to Cardiac.

CHARGED ELECTRIC BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
If Cardiac has not used this special attack yet this round, you may choose a revealed Order Marker on an Army Card you control and add the number on the chosen Order Marker to the number of attack dice for this special attack. If Cardiac Inflicts one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with this special attack, you may remove one Order Marker at random from that Hero's Army Card.

BIONIC MEDICAL EXPERT
At the end of a round, you may choose Cardiac or an adjacent Unique Hero that is a Human, Mutate, or Cyborg. Remove a Wound Marker from the chosen Hero's Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; May 1st, 2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

Shameless attempt to get @Ronin to nominate me for public designs. It's gonna be a while before I get to him otherwise.
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tickle's Public Design Workshop

Neat charge mechanic!
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

Yea this design has been largely untouched since I first put it together years ago, I've been happy with it. It's just always floating in the middle of my priorities. Hoping that posting some of those out here might get some nominations and force me to get to them sooner.
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm already committed to nominating Metron until someday the public accepts him.

Anyway, generally dig the write-up. I think he's a little high-powered between the SA and Vibranium Armor, but most of the right theme notes are there.

That medical/scientific flavor is the only thing that really feels missing to me. Always makes him stand out from other vigilante types in my mind. ("Angry Vigilante Guy" is a character we meet quite a bit in cape comics, but "Angry Vigilante Guy, MD" is more unusual)

This is what I had down for him in my 2017 write-up, fwiw:
Spoiler Alert!

Not sure the "overcharge" thing I was doing there is really essential (though it's been too long since I read the guy to really feel certain), but I think something like Bionic Medical Expert would be cool.
Old April 30th, 2020, 05:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

I like the Medical Expert power. Could swap that for the armor power on my design since the high defense kinda covers that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy