Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 15th, 2014, 11:45 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Classic League IV: 4x530xB CONGRATS DYSOLE

Classic League IV: 4x530xB

Code:
                     MegaSilver           
                    ------------------+
                                      ¦
                                      ¦
                                      ¦  MegaSilver
                                      +------------------+
 Kinseth                              ¦                  ¦
-------------------+                  ¦                  ¦
                   ¦   Kinseth        ¦                  ¦
                   +------------------+                  ¦
 vegie's dad       ¦                                     ¦
-------------------+                                     ¦
                                                         ¦  Dysole
                                                         +---------
 Soundwarp SG-1                                          ¦
-------------------+                                     ¦
                   ¦   Dysole                            ¦
                   +------------------+                  ¦
 Dysole            ¦                  ¦                  ¦
-------------------+                  ¦                  ¦
                                      ¦   Dysole         ¦
                                      +------------------+
                                      ¦
                                      ¦
                       ScapeRaider    ¦
                    ------------------+
Championship
Spoiler Alert!

Semifinals
Spoiler Alert!

Quarterfinals
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2
Spoiler Alert!

Round 1
Spoiler Alert!

Complete Army List Per Player
Spoiler Alert!

Event Details
Spoiler Alert!

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Treasure Glyphs and Trap
Spoiler Alert!

History of the Classic League
Spoiler Alert!

Participants:
  1. kevindola
  2. betawolf36
  3. Taeblewalker
  4. Soundwarp SG-1
  5. MegaSilver
  6. Black_Charos
  7. vegie's dad
  8. Kinseth
  9. Dysole
  10. mtl1998
  11. Ixe
  12. belgarath
  13. Cat Attack Man
  14. vegietarian18
  15. simval
  16. Dr. Goomonkey
  17. ScapeRaider
  18. Arrow Grut

Last edited by kevindola; August 8th, 2016 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Finals!
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League IV: 4x530xB (Signups Until 9/28)

I'm kind of interested in this but I'm not sure about building 4 armies with unit restrictions.

Are there plans for a regular Classic HS Only tournament around 500 points? That is what I want to play most.
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:35 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'll be winning... I mean playing in this.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 15th, 2014, 01:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I'm kind of interested in this but I'm not sure about building 4 armies with unit restrictions.

Are there plans for a regular Classic HS Only tournament around 500 points? That is what I want to play most.

I do an informal poll among the fringe online players before these classic tournaments, and the feedback I get for formatting is almost always one of the following:

1) Army Variety (draft, pod draft, take 2, etc....)
2) Blind with heavy restrictions (B+, Generals, War of the Worlds, etc....)

This particular format I tried to mix the requests (we'll see the results of that experiment I suppose), but I mention all that because I have seen very little to no interest for 'vanilla' blind army construction. If that general feeling changes, than I would be happy willing to roll out such a tournament, but I'm not seeing it yet.

I would suggest posting in the online request match thread for your requested parameters.

I personally find it fun to create multiple armies with restrictions, but I can understand the sentiment if some people don't like the fact they will be non-traditionally competitive armies. Or the dislike for effectively banning some figures from the format.
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I do an informal poll among the fringe online players before these classic tournaments, and the feedback I get for formatting is almost always one of the following:
Having never seen one of the polls, I wonder if you are asking too narrow a pool of players?

I hardly ever get a chance to play Heroscape with people who will challenge me. I would like to play a competitive tournament with access to all the (non Marvel) official figures. Once I'm bored of that I might be more interested in other formats.
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:

1) Army Variety (draft, pod draft, take 2, etc....)
2) Blind with heavy restrictions (B+, Generals, War of the Worlds, etc....)
Interesting. Personally (obviously I don't count as a fringe player, although I'm arguably fringe w.r.t. the classic league) I have a strong preference for the former sort of format over the latter one. I find the "all your figures must have an even number of vowels in their names"-type formats to be kind of arbitrary and boring. They just strike me as a hacky way to create a new metagame, and often that metagame is (to my taste, at least) less interesting than the original.

Broadly speaking, there's a third option available: scenarios or alternative victory conditions. I assume you put that option out but it hasn't been very popular?

As long as you're responding to people's stated preferences you can't really be doing the wrong thing.
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:55 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Can I resubmit army one and four. Both had ten points left and I had to figure out which one needed Otonashi more, but I spent some extra time playing around with points and now I don't need Otonashi in build 4. She needs to be in 1 now and build 4 needs a whole new list.
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:58 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Having never seen one of the polls, I wonder if you are asking too narrow a pool of players?
Could be. My 'fringe' players are reserved for those who only occasionally participate in the online leagues, or have expressed interest in classic league play or have expressed the once a week time commitment of the normal OHS seasons as being too high. (Which is why this league is bi-weekly). Also I will not that the last poll was done in July so there are undoubtedly some that fall under that criteria since then that I did not include, or I just missed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg
I hardly ever get a chance to play Heroscape with people who will challenge me. I would like to play a competitive tournament with access to all the (non Marvel) official figures. Once I'm bored of that I might be more interested in other formats.
Looks like you played in Season 14 (Gencon warmup) so I don't know if that format was to your taste or not. I don't particularly want to go into this at all, but I am by no means bored with playing any format of heroscape. Nor do I think that the majority of people who like restriction type formats are bored of standard blind play. It is simply one method used to promote play with figures that are not used as often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
I find the "all your figures must have an even number of vowels in their names"-type formats to be kind of arbitrary and boring. They just strike me as a hacky way to create a new metagame, and often that metagame is (to my taste, at least) less interesting than the original.
I find them arbitrary and not boring, but that's just taste. You can ask Vegie about our create-a-format (each player picks two random restrictions) that included an alphabetical caveat. I also used to put three Risk boards side-side-side (2210, Normal, and European) and play time travel Risk, so I am probably a terrible source of this opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Broadly speaking, there's a third option available: scenarios or alternative victory conditions. I assume you put that option out but it hasn't been very popular?
I should probably clarify my statement of '...feedback I get is almost always...'. That should be 'of the opinionated responses I get', because I do get responses of 'don't care' or 'whatever format'. The question is a blank 'what format would you want to see' or 'what format do you NOT want to see'. I have not received much response one way or the other about the alternative victory condition formats.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Can I resubmit army one and four.
that is fine
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Looks like you played in Season 14 (Gencon warmup) so I don't know if that format was to your taste or not.

Yes I did and it was a lot of fun. It allowed any classic units with a limit of 425 points and 16 figures. I don't like 'reverse the whip' rounds but I didn't make it that far.

Both of the local tournaments I've played in have been 500-540 points with a 24 hex starting zone. That is the format I prefer because it allows a lot of freedom in army building.
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:29 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Is there a certain order the maps will be played in? Like is the first round going to be played on a certain map, or will it be random?
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:38 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Is there a certain order the maps will be played in? Like is the first round going to be played on a certain map, or will it be random?

Random

Interesting you bring this up, because I had quite a bit of discussion with various people about setting a pre-determined map order. It was mixed opinions but I decided that the reduction in army variability based on known map conditions was not worth the coolness of designing an army to play on a specific map.
Old September 15th, 2014, 04:10 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I agree with that. Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events