Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Sports: NBA

I can't imagine what it's like to have a conversation going with large segments of the public like that. I'm not surprised if big celebrities take the criticism personally sometimes-- frankly, I'm amazed at how composed famous athletes tend to be in the face of broad public criticism. I suspect that, for most of us, if we just experienced a huge personal failure then had to face crowds of people deriding us, we might just have some nasty things to say. Honestly, I think LeBron is responding in a perfectly human way; the athletes who are always respectful in the face of a huge loss are truly exceptional.
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

That may be true, but it is the Superstars that have to control what they say. Ron Arrest and Desean Stevenson can say whatever they want, and they'll recover. But for someone like Lebron who has been so concerned about his personal brand, as a businessman, he simply can't vent whenever things are tough. People will remember and kill you for it, especially when you celebrate your championships before you get them, talk in the third person, blame your teammates for failures, and mock the other stars on another team. It was all overlooked in Cleveland because he stayed home, and has a fun personality, and because we all wanted to see greatness. But his own "decision" turned him into the villain, and now his arrogance, which used to be cute, is intolerable to most everyone. The problem is he doesn't seem to have anyone in his brain trust who can break that down for him. Instead he says stuff like, "People are just jealous of my life."

I used to really like LeBron, and I hope he turns things around, but it won't just be by winning. He has got to start owning some stuff.
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

The thing is he could have said some of the same stuff in a better way, and no one would have said anything about it. He could have said something to the effect of, "I don't let it bother me. At the end of the day we are all in the same place we started the day. If I spend all day worrying about 'the haters', then I'm distracted from what I should be doing to make myself a better basketball player." That would have said some of the same things, but without the superiority, arrogance, and offense. Then we could only be left with talking about how he doesn't have the killer instinct he needed to win the series.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

I often say about superstar athletes that I only respect them for their talent, and not their character. Too much of the publicly viewed character of an athlete is tainted and distorted by a team of marketing masterminds who bend and mold who we see into a puppet we deem as socially acceptable, if not heroic. However, in times such as this, we see behind the curtain and into the true heart of the man. That's not to say that LeBron is evil. He's just being as arrogant as he always has. However, the level of his arrogance far surpasses the level of that which he has achieved in the League. If LeBron were able to tear teams and players up at will, much like Michael Jordan did during his career with the Bulls, then he can go ahead and say whatever he feels like saying, even if by doing so he is cast into the role of a villain.

But in this case, saying what he did about the average joe who was rooting for him to fail, he needs to shut up. Those folks weren't the fools who labeled themselves the 'KING' before even entering the league claiming a crown of NBA royalty. They aren't the morons who promised he'd never leave Cleveland before he won a championship for his hometown city. They aren't the idiots who set up an after school special that draaaaaaaaaaagged on for far too long just to cast a solo spotlight on himself and his selfish motives to sign with the Heat. They're not the cretin who agreed to have a concert like celebration and boast about the dynasty they were beginning before the team even stepped on court to play a game together. And they're not the blow hard braggart who fizzled to the point of disappearing in the fourth quarters of big games in teh Finals after saying, time and again, that he'd make the adjustment and step his game up to help his team.

So yeah, I may wake up and be the same person with the same problems each day. But at least I'm not currently internationally scrutinized for my shortcomings and viewed on a global scale as a loser and a failure who can't back up his boast.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:44 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Well said hextr1p. It was probably great for the people of Cleveland to watch him completely drop the ball in what was supposed to be his big moment after he backstabbed the city.

I'm really glad Dirk won though. He is the perfect example of a man dedicated to his team and city. He's stayed with the Mavs waiting for his shot for over a decade but still sticking with the franchise to win a finals for them instead of trying to join a contending team. He also played with a fever in the Finals and still had some great games while LeBron and Wade were revealed to be immature jocks when they made fun of him.

I bet LeBron feels like he got slapped across the face a thousand times right now.
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
So yeah, I may wake up and be the same person with the same problems each day.
I don't wake up the same person with the same problems each day -- maybe I am the only one.

Anyway, if you liked the finals this year, are an NBA fan, or just like a good game or HeroScape, here you go:

Check out NBAScape here.
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Kenneth Faried bonds with Death Knights.
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I have to say watching the end of the Clippers/Grizzlies game felt a little like watching that old Pacers/Knicks game where Reggie Miller scored 8 points in the final 20 something seconds to come back from 6 points. That was pretty unreal.
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM

As I like to do every year, I have made another card based on the teams that go to the NBA Finals. This year, the new card is the Oklahoma City Thunder!
These others I had already made, but they are still fun and relevant. And as always, check out NBAScape for more details.

Old June 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM

Well, the Finals are 2-2 with game 5 tonight. Let's go Heat!

Also, any interest in Grizzlies or Pacers HeroScape cards? Stay tuned . . .
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Heat

-insert signature here-
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah, thanks for reminding me about these, Burny! I love em!

Also, go Timberwolves?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV