Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 27th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yesterday I taught myself Ad Astera. At first I didn't really understand it, but then the stratagy of the game clicked. In Heroscape you need to play 3 turns in advance, in Ad Astera you need to play 12 or 15 turns in advance! It's basicly like Twilight Imperium without combat.

Today was going to be a prep day for the stores new sponsored RPG group. Only the GM and I were there though and he hadn't really been over the rules enough to start it up. I also had hoped that we could play some Ad Astra instead but you need 3 players for that. Instead the GM put together a map that was supposed to be a small one but turned into a big one with over 30 hex starting zones. He played Elves and I played the best army I could think of including Raelin and a knight screen. He played the elves very well and slaughtered my army. Roman archers really do suck. He got some majorly lucky defensive rolls too though.

Hopefully tomarrow I can get 2 others over to play Ad Astra, pretty excited about it now that it has clicked what the game is all about.
Old December 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fun 4 faction battle with my son last night in Summoner Wars - Love how until near the very end of the game you almost never feel like you are going to love. My Tundra Orcs and Goblins beat his Dwarves and Elves. He discarded one Champion too many with both factions and ended up with surplus magic that didn't do him any good.Very fun night though.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 27th, 2010, 11:03 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Played today...

2 x Agricola - just learned this one today, what a great game!
1 x Castle Ravenloft
1 x Dominion
2 x Magic: the Gathering

Good day.
Old December 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Got Claustrophobia yesterday and introduced my brother-in-law to the game. He played the heroes on the first mission and got a fairly easy run of tiles. His team waltzed out of the dungeon with only losing one member, though the last turn could have resulted in another casualty and a loss for the good guys.

I love how easy it is to teach this game and how quick it is to play. Hopefully we'll get in another game or two today.
I really like Claustrophobia, but I really want to love it. It's probably the game I feel is most in need of an expansion; something to give its cast a little more personality both on the humans, but particularly on the demons side.

Lost another game of Ghost Stories yesterday. I've ALMOST taught enough people the game that I feel ok adding the White Moon stuff. I may go ahead and add Su-Ling to our next game along with the moon crystals. Should make things substantially easier, but that's probably ok seeing as we have yet to actually see Wu-Feng. There's plenty of room to crank the difficulty once people learn to win.

Also, got to try out Alibi. It's... neat. I'd say its probably strictly better than Clue, but you have to play it with just the right group. The question phase is neat in theory, but a little too vague, allowing players to parse the wording of someone's question and turn the whole thing into an unfun game of rule lawyering. The game also relies a little too much on no one making a mistake. Our game sort of got ruined somewhere along the line when someone likely mistook the Morning symbol for the Noon one, eliminated the actual killer, which got propagated to the rest of the group leading to the wrong answer. In particular, having given that answer, I found myself complete screwed over by the double penalty system, in which the one wrong guess dropped my score from 57 all the way down to 18. It's a neat game and all, but it could certainly be a lot better.
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:34 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Well I used Christmas money/gift cards to order the following from Amazon.

Age of Conan
Conquest of the Empire
Axis & Allies

Now I just need to find time to play them.
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I really like Claustrophobia, but I really want to love it. It's probably the game I feel is most in need of an expansion; something to give its cast a little more personality both on the humans, but particularly on the demons side.
I'm torn on the idea of an expansion for Claustrophobia. So much of what I love about the game is the simplicity and streamlined nature of the game. I love the idea of adding more variety to the game, but not at the cost of weighing the system down.

At BGG.Con, an Asmodee rep talked to us while we played the game. He mentioned that an expansion is in the works. I'm excited to see what Croc and company come up with.

On another note, got in a second game with my brother in law. This time I was the humans and again the good guys pulled out a victory. After playing the games at BGG.Con I was worried that the demon player might have the advantage, but it looks like the game is pretty evenly balanced.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Ravenloft yesterday (definitely the perfect dungeon crawl for our family--my six-year-old just had the biggest grin the whole time--he kept jumping up and wanting to tell the "story" of what just happened...)

Prosperity before that (great addition to Dominion)

LEGO Race 3000 before that (fun, simple)

Heroscape, of course
Old December 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just played Pitchcar for the 1st time. Fun and quick, though now I want a 2nd set to make a ginormous track.

-insert signature here-
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Been playing alot of Cars Supercharged Raceway game. It's basically Candyland with a Cars theme. My 2 year old got it for Xmas, and has been loving it. Hoping to get a chance to play with my New Summon Wars factions soon (on a premium board, no less).
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation

First play thrus of...

Hex Hex XL
Fearsome Floors x 2
Resident Evil Deck Building Game

and oldies but goodies...
Oasis x 2
Dominion

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

Snowed in and work closed: played (1x each in marathon fashion)

Runewars
Runebound
Talisman

with my son

Old December 28th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

today played Ad Astra, as I was hoping to, then a 700 point game of HS. I played orcs and Vampires. Andy played Agents with Evar Scarcarver. He managed to kill Iskara before I could summon, however Grimnak feasted on Microcorp steaks. Grimnak did fall to Krav Mag and the game stayed close till the end. Came down to a bunch of blades, Marcu, and my flagbearer against Evar in the end. I was able to win with shear number of figures with only one blade and Ornak left thanks to beating his 19 with a 20 and hitting him before he could pump himself up.

It was all of our first times playing Ad Astra. It is a very intriguing game. Seems like you spend most of the time thinking about how you can benifit from the cards other players might play, not even knowing what they are putting on the table. It is one I look forward to playing again, might even make my top 10.

The store is closed tomarrow, first day closed since November 30th. That means I'll be spending the whole day working my butt off trying to promote the business and getting the house ready for my new tenents.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games