Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Correct! That was the harder one, I thought. Neither will be a surprise to anyone who has followed my interests on this thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:27 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
G-O the lantern bearer betrayer.

Sorry you don't like Suburbia DS. I dig it, but not every game is for everyone. I haven't had a chance to play Among the Stars yet, but would like to try that. In fact, a friend brought it to a game night a few weeks ago but it didn't hit the table.

Why only a partial game of Guildhall? That's a great game. I don't care if it was past you old guys' bed time, you have to finish that game!
Some of us can stay out past dark, unlike @Dad_Scaper . I'm glad you liked Among the Stars. That was my first real opportunity to play it, and I enjoyed it as well. I'm also glad to finally have the opportunity to try Guildhall.

As I examine our Shadows of Brimstone game more closely, I am beginning to think that our trusty Indian scout (@Gurei-Ornery) didn't have our best interests at heart. In addition to his inability to "hold back" the darkness (it was like he was shining the lantern in the opposite direction!) and his "forgetting" to allow us to catch our breath (which means regain D3 sanity or health; that would have been beneficial!), when D_S and I suggested abandoning the mission and looting his corpse, he insisted that we play it out to the bitter, tentacle-overrun end. Never trust someone who puts magnets on his initiative markers and uses poker chips to track experience...

After D_S left, G_O and I played through two more games, Legendary Encounters and Imperial Settlers. In our game of Legendary Encounters, it seemed pretty certain that we were going to die early on, but we rallied and defeated the queen. After that, G_O beat me in his first game of Imperial Settlers, but I'm pretty sure it was because the sun got in my eyes.

I do like Imperial Settlers, and it's too bad that D_S couldn't stay to play it. It has a nice bit of engine building with a big dose of player interaction.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Correct! That was the harder one, I thought. Neither will be a surprise to anyone who has followed my interests on this thread.
1. Ascension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
G-O the lantern bearer betrayer.

Sorry you don't like Suburbia DS. I dig it, but not every game is for everyone. I haven't had a chance to play Among the Stars yet, but would like to try that. In fact, a friend brought it to a game night a few weeks ago but it didn't hit the table.

Why only a partial game of Guildhall? That's a great game. I don't care if it was past you old guys' bed time, you have to finish that game!
Some of us can stay out past dark, unlike @Dad_Scaper . I'm glad you liked Among the Stars. That was my first real opportunity to play it, and I enjoyed it as well. I'm also glad to finally have the opportunity to try Guildhall.

As I examine our Shadows of Brimstone game more closely, I am beginning to think that our trusty Indian scout (@Gurei-Ornery) didn't have our best interests at heart. In addition to his inability to "hold back" the darkness (it was like he was shining the lantern in the opposite direction!) and his "forgetting" to allow us to catch our breath (which means regain D3 sanity or health; that would have been beneficial!), when D_S and I suggested abandoning the mission and looting his corpse, he insisted that we play it out to the bitter, tentacle-overrun end. Never trust someone who puts magnets on his initiative markers and uses poker chips to track experience...

After D_S left, G_O and I played through two more games, Legendary Encounters and Imperial Settlers. In our game of Legendary Encounters, it seemed pretty certain that we were going to die early on, but we rallied and defeated the queen. After that, G_O beat me in his first game of Imperial Settlers, but I'm pretty sure it was because the sun got in my eyes.

I do like Imperial Settlers, and it's too bad that D_S couldn't stay to play it. It has a nice bit of engine building with a big dose of player interaction.

Well that's one of the great things about thematic games like SoB. There's even a good story being told in the needling

Haven't gotten to try Legendary Encounters, but have played Imperial Settlers once and liked it. I was the Romans and didn't do so well, but it was cool.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Nope, not Ascension. It's the game that earned me the title "fanboy."

I liked Suburbia. You know how it is. So many good games, but really why play a good one when you can play a great one instead. Among the Stars elevated the mechanism into something more appealing for me.

= =
Old December 24th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I liked Suburbia. You know how it is. So many good games, but really why play a good one when you can play a great one instead. Among the Stars elevated the mechanism into something more appealing for me.

1. Love Letter? King of Tokyo? Sheriff of Nottingham?

Old December 24th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

It's getting pretty deep in here. I would have guessed #1, even if I hadn't been there to see it, but it would have taken a little thinking to get #2.
Old December 24th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's getting pretty deep in here. I would have guessed #1, even if I hadn't been there to see it, but it would have taken a little thinking to get #2.

1. Powergrid?

I give up. Though I'm sure I'll be like "oh yeah!" when someone finally spills the beans

Old December 24th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Nope.
Quote:
I had to leave. We were at a FLGS pretty far from home, and I had to get KidScaper from his afternoon activity while the Mrs. was still at work.

Bringing games to play with G-O and akden is a challenge, because they both have pretty much everything. But I'd brought Guildhall anyway, which they'd never played, and I was thrilled to get a chance to teach it.

I had brought two other games. Anyone care to guess what they were? One was a Euro-style game, the other was a light two player game in case we needed to fill some time that way.

1. ???
2. ???
Quote:
2. Star Realms?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't want this to go on much longer, I'm already embarrassed. Anyone else? @1Mmirg ? @Jim (who, I believe, gave me this title)?

edit: @Hahma , you are totally going to slap yourself on the forehead.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 24th, 2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old December 24th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You tortured them with Race for the Galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 24th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Dominion? Ticket to Ride?

Geez o' Pete DS, for being a fanboy of a game, I haven't seen anything lately that you get all gushie about that seems like a euro-game.

Old December 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Dear God no!!!! Luckily, I rolled well enough for this Horror hit not to pummel my Sanity.
Old December 24th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I had brought two other games. Anyone care to guess what they were? One was a Euro-style game, the other was a light two player game in case we needed to fill some time that way.

1. ???
2. ???
[...]
I don't want this to go on much longer, I'm already embarrassed. Anyone else? @1Mmirg ? @Jim (who, I believe, gave me this title)?

edit: @Hahma , you are totally going to slap yourself on the forehead.
That's easy. Lords of Waterdeep.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games