Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Trekscape-Art-Card blanks loaded post two.

TrekScape

Welcome to the TrekScape Art Institute

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and design of all cards, glyphs, and other graphic materials needed for TrekScape. We welcome input from all members of TrekScape and the Heroscaper community at large.

Chief Engineer for Design - Felindar

Card Template - currently in design

Glyph Card - currently in design

Other projects - Coming Soon

TrekScape threads
TrekScape
TrekScape Academy
TrekScape Prime Directives
TrekScape Away Missions
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 28th, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Trekscape-Art-Card layout

Blanks for your own creations.

Here are the card blanks.

Here are all of the symbols I have and the card blanks. If you want the photo shop files let me know.

ere is the site for the fonts I used.

http://members.outpost10f.com/~linda...rek_fonts.html

and the images for factions

http://www.vectorss.com/symbols/star-trek-symbols.html

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 28th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Saved for latter

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, so on the cards, I definitely think that the blank symbol is better. The color symbol is nice and all, but there is alot going on with that card and too much stuff on the card might become an eyesore. I would like to discuss whether if we use the blank symbols if we should make them a single color to differentiate between them.
On the glyph cards, do we really want to have them be two different shapes? I mean, it's an interesting design, but I think a little consistency in the cards is a necessary evil, you know? Round for all the cards, IMHO.
That's all I got for now.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Just something I was playing With. I think we might want to have the Gliff / special rules cards easily told apart. Do you want the text for the Gliff card in an arrow head or just make all of the cards round, but still have the extra text space in the big box? I think that would probably work as well.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM

Here are the symbols I have found so far.

If we do go with single color symbols. who should get what?

The Star Fleet arrow is already light gray.

Pete
</IMG>

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

IMO, let's put a little classic flavor in there and make them all the light grey/off white that is used for the generals' symbols. On the starfield, I think they'd have to be pretty light anyway to show up well.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Thats what I was thinking. on the colors.
Do we want the larger screen on the bottom big enough to hold a gliff?

If we go with the White for all of them are we ready on the basic card?

Do we want the Gliff card round with a rectangular text box? That just popping a new border in, and reorganizing the layers a tad.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Thats what I was thinking. on the colors.
Do we want the larger screen on the bottom big enough to hold a gliff?

If we go with the White for all of them are we ready on the basic card?

Do we want the Gliff card round with a rectangular text box? That just popping a new border in, and reorganizing the layers a tad.

Pete
Did we have anything planned for that area? I'm thinking if we end up with another ability represented by a symbol, we'll need more room if a figure has both. Either way, IMO, it would look great if it could be hex-shaped and glyph sized.

For the sample, we need some fogging or a fade out along the bottom edge of Sisko's image. Also, is there enough wiggle room in the starfield to get that quasar away from the name a little further? Do we want to have a different color border for the different factions? I'd love to have the abilities box be the symbol for each faction, but the shapes and sizes are too varied to work.

I don't remember who suggested it, but I think the glyph card should be the same shape and share some other elements like the starfield. I'd like to see a faction symbol when appropriate on the card somewhere (Starfleet Phaser Rifle, Romulan Disruptor, etc each with the faction symbol)

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; July 16th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I don't remember who suggested it, but I think the glyph card should be the same shape and share some other elements like the starfield.
That'd be me, thank you very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I'd like to see a faction symbol when appropriate on the card somewhere (Starfleet Phaser Rifle, Romulan Disruptor, etc each with the faction symbol)
And yes, I agree. If the glyph/equipment comes from a specific faction, it should have that faction's symbol on it.
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Capn' te Photoshop it cana take any more.

Give me 2 hours. Yep thats how long {factor of 4 yea thats it.}

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Warp power NOW

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum