Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 17th, 2024, 05:43 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Would it be possible to add a feature where clicking on your record in the "Me" page would show all of your matches (maybe future published matchups as well)?
Old January 17th, 2024, 06:17 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Would it be possible to add a feature where clicking on your record in the "Me" page would show all of your matches (maybe future published matchups as well)?
Interesting.

I kinda like the idea of adding future/current published matchups, that seems useful and like something that wouldn't grow too large over time.

Probably don't like the idea of showing "all" matches (I already have 173 in the system for myself, and that's going to grow over time, showing 170+ games would take tons of space). What were you hoping to use a list of all past matchups for? (as opposed to going to individual tournaments)
Old January 17th, 2024, 07:49 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Interesting.

I kinda like the idea of adding future/current published matchups, that seems useful and like something that wouldn't grow too large over time.
Nice! I think it could be a nice addition to that page.

Quote:
Probably don't like the idea of showing "all" matches (I already have 173 in the system for myself, and that's going to grow over time, showing 170+ games would take tons of space). What were you hoping to use a list of all past matchups for? (as opposed to going to individual tournaments)
I'd like to see how my record evolves over time sort of like how OHS tracks records in multiple ways (all-time/current tournament/past year) and I'd really like an easy way to see all the maps I've played on in tournament, at least the ones I've played on that are run through .org. I suppose I could track that on my own, I just also don't want to have to tab through dozens of tournaments to see these records.

I guess what I'm suggesting is optionality in how I access my personal tournament information. Not a huge must, but one that I could see offering several benefits.
Old January 17th, 2024, 11:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting.

Nice! I think it could be a nice addition to that page.
I just re-did that section of the page. Added 'Current Games' and separated the tournament list into Current/Future/Past.

Here's an example, using my own page (because I know it has data for all categories currently):
https://heroscape.org/user/?userName=Chris%20Perkins

Let me know what you think.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to see how my record evolves over time sort of like how OHS tracks records in multiple ways (all-time/current tournament/past year) and I'd really like an easy way to see all the maps I've played on in tournament, at least the ones I've played on that are run through .org. I suppose I could track that on my own, I just also don't want to have to tab through dozens of tournaments to see these records.

I guess what I'm suggesting is optionality in how I access my personal tournament information. Not a huge must, but one that I could see offering several benefits.
Regarding the personal record evolution stuff, I'm gonna pass on that for now, partly because it's more work and partly because there might be something planned in the future that makes it easier / make more sense in context.

Regarding the map thing, hmm, I'm a bit hesitant to throw up a list of hundreds of maps since I'm not sure how useful that is to most people (and might be overwhelming data). Not entirely sure. Could be convinced to change my mind probably. It wouldn't be that hard to add (I'm just worried about the quantity of text it would throw on the screen).
Old January 28th, 2024, 05:13 PM

Just added a minor feature - ability to sort standings (Tournament, League, or Season) by any column (Player-alphabetical, W%, W, L, T, SoS) by clicking on the column header.

Selecting the column elevates that statistic to the top priority while maintaining the priority level of the others in their default setting.

Probably requires a force-refresh to see.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 09:36 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Apparently in your builder (and other places) the names of the characters are links to the books on this site. I had no idea! Is there any way to make this more explicit?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 12th, 2024, 12:31 PM

.org now has a Renegade Affiliate Link for sales.

There's no real way for this to not sound like a sales pitch, but I got myself/.org approved as a Renegade Affiliate so I have an affiliate link that's now listed on .org at:
https://heroscape.org/buy/
(also a new site footer link goes to the same page on .org).

Some of you may have heard of the affiliate program already, but essentially if you buy product from Renegade (Heroscape or another game) through an affiliate link it gives a 10% commission back to the person who's link it is.

I know there's already several other prominent 'Scapers who have affiliate links out there, so hopefully this is just one of many options for those who choose to buy through an affiliate link.

Fyi.
Old March 13th, 2024, 09:13 AM

Proclaimed is surprisingly tart

First, congrats on the affiliation.
Second, your army builder has been very helpful during my return to 'Scaping, even if I miss Battleplan too.
Third, may I make a couple suggestions/requests. Apologies if these are already requested, I will admit I have not read all 18 pages of this thread.
-- Add set/expansion name to the army data so that I don't have to click through to the Heroscapers "Book of" page.
-- Be able to pull up the army data from the "Army" section that tracks points, figures, spaces. I'd like to be able to place all potential units in the army and then click back and forth without having to search and/or filter.

Last, thanks for all the hard work you've put in for the Heroscape community!
Old March 15th, 2024, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimed View Post
First, congrats on the affiliation.
Second, your army builder has been very helpful during my return to 'Scaping, even if I miss Battleplan too.
Last, thanks for all the hard work you've put in for the Heroscape community!
Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Apologies if these are already requested, I will admit I have not read all 18 pages of this thread.
Not reading 18 pages seems like a very reasonable choice for how to use your time

Quote:
Add set/expansion name to the army data so that I don't have to click through to the Heroscapers "Book of" page.
I had actually added the underlying data for this only a week or so ago to use in sorts (i.e. sort by release date), but hadn't thought to add it on the unit box. Just did that, so it should display now.

Quote:
Be able to pull up the army data from the "Army" section that tracks points, figures, spaces. I'd like to be able to place all potential units in the army and then click back and forth without having to search and/or filter.
A lot of people have asked for this over time. I finally broke down and did it tonight. Should be live now.

My concern with this one has always been it causing mis-clicks on mobile, since there's not a lot of screen real estate in that box to work with and the +/- icons already are click targets. So if anyone has a lot of mis-clicks on mobile because of this change let me know.
Old March 16th, 2024, 03:07 PM

Proclaimed is surprisingly tart

Quote:
some updates
You sir, are a rockstar.
Old March 17th, 2024, 08:24 PM

Beginning to add support for glyphs to the site.

Have a page dedicated to showing the glyphs:
https://heroscape.org/glyphs/
With various sorts / filters (similar to the maps page).
Also added a section on the home page that links to the above URL.

Expanded the database to support linking a map for an individual tournament to the glyphs that it will use. When creating the maps for your tournament, you can now specify any number of glyphs for each map and those will get displayed publicly along with the map on that page. You can add/remove/modify glyphs using the same edit map features that you'd use for other fields like 'location'.

You can see an example of what this looks like for an upcoming local tourney (for me) here:
https://heroscape.org/tournament/?Tournament=238

Would appreciate any feedback / thoughts as this is a new concept I'm trying to integrate.

- CP
Old March 17th, 2024, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Beginning to add support for glyphs to the site.

Have a page dedicated to showing the glyphs:
https://heroscape.org/glyphs/
With various sorts / filters (similar to the maps page).
Also added a section on the home page that links to the above URL.

Expanded the database to support linking a map for an individual tournament to the glyphs that it will use. When creating the maps for your tournament, you can now specify any number of glyphs for each map and those will get displayed publicly along with the map on that page. You can add/remove/modify glyphs using the same edit map features that you'd use for other fields like 'location'.

You can see an example of what this looks like for an upcoming local tourney (for me) here:
https://heroscape.org/tournament/?Tournament=238

Would appreciate any feedback / thoughts as this is a new concept I'm trying to integrate.

- CP
Catching this rather quickly, but the example link does not appear to be working the way it is intended. I'm just seeing the New Hampshire Event, its details, and the name for the map "Common Ground" with no associated link, map image. or glyphs.

The other link is working just fine!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software