Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 11th, 2020, 02:01 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Godzilla - Public Playtesting

Nice! Thanks Splash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 11th, 2020, 02:49 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One thing I do not want to be is the Terror of Toyhandle.

But I have to ask, are there Giganto and Fin Fang Foom designs in the works? Is there an estimated point value for those figures? Are there considerations as to how this figure would work with/against those in the future? How did 1000 become the agreed upon appropriate value for Godzilla?

1000 seems at minimum 200pts too low for the character, but I see him around 1600 or higher in any incarnation.

My lack of minis IRL forces me to play with the Marvel-Hasbro minis and corresponding C3G cards, so I'm biased in that regard.
But Spider-man, Cap, Hulk and Iron Man (Avengers) shouldn't out-cost Godzilla. They should think "We're screwed without Thor!"

If Thor, Spider-Man, Cap, Hulk and Iron Man were faced with Galactus and Godzilla at the same time, I'd imagine they'd try to convince Galactus to fight Godzilla with them, while trying to direct Godzilla's attacks in Galactus' way. Either way, 1000 seems too low a goal.

And I also don't understand the desire for Godzilla and Kong to be the same height.

The King Kong in King Kong vs Godzilla (1962) is not the Kong reflected in C3G.
The height and powers of the C3G Kong reflect the original 1933 version.
To date, the only Kong that has fought Godzilla is hardly Kong at all, and more like King Kong*.

The '62 version is not just far larger than the '33 version.
Due to the pre-production of the film beginning as King Kong vs Frankenstein, changing the script meant Kong adopted Frankenstein-related abilities.
The notable moments in Kong/Godzilla's fight is Kong being strengthened by electricity, brushing off atomic breath, and shoving a whole tree down Godzilla's throat.
For a more detailed explanation as to why, here's an interesting video:

Another reason I also don't understand the desire for the two characters to match height is because C3G Kong is 400 pts. Is there a 600pt(minimum) supplement that is meant to make a Kong/Godzilla fight thematic?
To a Giant-Monster fan, when asked who would win, if the debate is referring to the '33 Kong, the answer is that Godzilla steps on him and goes on with his day. It'd make far more sense to design a Toho-Kong to be compatible with Godzilla instead of denying Godzilla a design that represents him in proportion.

If there is a single figure to design Giant Monsters around, Godzilla is it.

King Kong (1933)
is a cinematic landmark, combining nearly every practical effect available at the time in such spectacular fashion, that through the expression of its craft is more commonly identified as art than just a big blockbuster special effects film.
"No film has captivated my imagination more than 'King Kong.' I'm making movies today because I saw this film when I was 9 years old."
-Peter Jackson (who felt the need to make Lord of the Rings movies that occupy a similar cinematic space of being fantasy/effects films with intricacy enough to earn 17 Oscars, and all before his take on Kong)

Godzilla on the other hand, is not quite a Hollywood Effects Film, and more of an expression of the horror of the Atomic Bomb on Japan as given by Japanese Film-Artist Ishiro Honda. Quite different goals in mind. The use of suits instead of stop motion was due to the available budget and other restrains requiring different methods of comparable effect, so quite different methods as well.
"It is recognized by Guinness World Records to be the longest continuously running movie franchise, having been in ongoing production from 1954 to the present day, with several hiatuses of varying lengths."
Godzilla's power and influence may not translate well to the world of comics, but it can be a challenge to overstate his relevance in film. He's the Superman of his territory.

To many a Godzilla fan, Kong would rank below Mothra, Ghidrah and even Rodan and Anguirus. To many, Kong occupies his own space, and is more of a very special guest-star.

And speaking of spaces, I looked in Table Top Simulator to see how a 30cm Godzilla would fit on the board, and he should fit similar to the design I'm quoting below.

I will say, when deciding which units I wanted to invest in, Master Mold using an Iron-Man action figure caused the design to be an automatic pass for me.
BeardBeyond's amazing work fitting the Heroclix Master Mold to the 8-Hex fit he created completely turned that around for me. Although it hasn't officially been adopted, discussion after his post seemed to indicate it would require new movement rules for the figure, but wouldn't affect the figure beyond restricting it more. I'd love for those new movement rules to be worked out and used for Godzilla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBeyond View Post

Been busy with projects for other board games, but finally decided it was time to rebase this big guy (to be able to fit a few more figures on the shelf next to him XD).

Custom base made from 2 large peanuts.

How big boi fits.

Up close view from all sides. He will require custom movement rules and his increased footprints (both literally and figuratively) do come with disadvantages for him as a unit, but when I saw him I just knew I needed his actual figure in Heroscape.
Link to discussion:https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...24#post2352224

Last edited by toyhandle; July 11th, 2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old July 11th, 2020, 07:58 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Toyhandle, we truly appreciate your feedback here and understand you are enthusiastic for the character, but going larger than double spaced is something that we avoid at all costs. Currently there are no plans for Fin Fang Foom but when we get to Giganto I plan for him to be around 700-800 points. With many of our characters you can justify a wide range of costs and we try to come up with a fun design and balance the cost around that.

One of the most important things to keep in mind is that Heroscape is a game, not a simulation. So it is important that everything we do be the most fun version possible, even if we have to sacrifice a little bit of theme. I think you will find that if you play with this version of Godzilla with the figure we have selected that he is enjoyable and playable. I know personally the more rules associated with a design the less interested I am in using it and trying to come up with special rules to cover his movement if he was more than double spaced would take away a lot of the fun aspect for me.
Old July 11th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My take is that we have plenty of room for a second version that is bigger and costs more and it’d be great if you lead it, Toyhandle.

As for this smaller version, it’s fun, it fits on a map, 1,000 points is a great place to get into regular play, and we are just about wrapped up here so I don’t see a major course change being worthwhile at this juncture.

I think your best bet is to channel all that great passion and energy into starting work on Godzilla (II). I know a number of folks want a larger take, so I think if you did that, it would be well-recieved. There is room in the project for that version and this one both.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 11th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Also, just to provide some context (that you had no real way of knowing), this design came from a pretty lengthy behind-the-scenes debate about stuff like point cost and especially figure size. There were a lot of us (me and johnny139 especially) who wanted to use a larger and more accurate figure, while others wanted to use a smaller and more convenient figure. Obviously the smaller team won out here.

Part of the logic that convinced me was that if you ever want to do a Kaiju battle with multiple of the creatures, that would be incredibly hard to do if they’re all massive-scaled. The double base size, while obviously a bit inaccurate, allows multiple of the guys to easily coexist on the same battlefield (or even in the same army) at around the same scale.

But like Bats says, I don’t think anyone would disagree with the idea of a second Godzilla that is larger!
Old July 11th, 2020, 10:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

If we end up making tons of these guys, field then all together as this size, then use building alike Monsterpocalypse building as obstacles on the map so it feels epic scaled
Old July 11th, 2020, 01:04 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Godzilla

Version Tested

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Icy Road Battlefield
Units:
Destroyers (Godzilla, Thunderers of Qward x3) (1390) vs Fantastic Four+ (Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, Silver Surfer (Adventurer)) (1400)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map:
Icy Road Battlefield
Units:
Destroyers (Godzilla, Thunderers of Qward x3) (1390) vs Avengers (Iron Man (Avengers), Captain America (Steve Rogers, C3G), Incredible Hulk (C3G), Thor, Bruce Banner) (1390)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map:
Icy Road Battlefield
Units:
Godzilla (1000) vs Fantastic Four (Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:

Spoiler Alert!

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 11th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that change to his Atomic Breath. He looks good at 1,000 to me with or without that change as I feel his stats and other two powers are the bigger drivers of his points.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 11th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great test report, thanks!
Old July 11th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks Siege! I don't mind moving the marker to before taking a turn.

So it's poll time!

Godzilla's class:
A. Keep it as Protector
B. Change to Destroyer
C. Change to Monster
D. Something else

Atomic Breath:
A. Keep it as after taking a turn, get a marker
B. Change it to before taking a turn, get a marker

And how does he look?
A. Ready to go
B. More testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 11th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Class: LD’s choice

SA: before taking a turn

Looks good to me to move forward. Would wanna resolve these choices before voting though.
Old July 11th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Class: B

SA: B

Testing: A

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library