Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

View Poll Results: Whichs is a better game?
Call of Duty Black Ops 26 40.63%
Halo: Reach 38 59.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Mavrack Woo who?
Re: Halo Reach or CoD Black Ops?

BFBC2! No wait thats not on the list... I know..Battlefield 3!!! Oh wait.....
*sigh* I guess i'll have to settle with Halo Reach

Awesome traders: dart48, skitzogryphon
Trade List Jandar's Siege Map Thread
I haz a secretz message
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

I prefer Halo: Reach over Black Ops because in Reach it's easier to not get yourself killed with one shot unless you are sniped (I know I sound like a noob. That's because I am one.) In Black Ops I take a corner too fast and I get sniped from out of nowhere. In Reach I lose my shields and 90% of my health but I can still make an impact on the battle instead of waiting another 10 seconds just to get assassinated when I respawn. I also like the Reach campaign and views I get from space...

Whereas In Black Ops I take a turn too quickly and I get blown to smitherines by an RC-XD or sniped like crazy from a rooftop. I respawn and die again withoput any impact on the battle (Again I sound like a noob 'cause I am one). It gets frustrating after a while.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaper Nerd View Post
Whereas In Black Ops I take a turn too quickly and I get blown to smitherines by an RC-XD or sniped like crazy from a rooftop. I respawn and die again withoput any impact on the battle (Again I sound like a noob 'cause I am one). It gets frustrating after a while.
I am by no means a really good player. Just your average one (1.14 k/d), and my suggestion is to not run around so much. Don't camp, but just move slowly. My favorite weapons to use are the Galil and the AK47, and using a sniper rifle on select maps. I suck majorly at run and gun, and prefer to creep around the edges of the map. I try not to camp, though. And by camping I mean sitting in a remote corner and waiting for the random person to walk by. I'm not against holding a key position that will help my team win.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Black Ops, for the simple reason that it has zombies... and a drunk Soviet... and flaming Deathstalkers... and other things...
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Blops. I play way too much of that game. I actually hit 15/50 without hacking/cheating.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Ninja Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
I choose Cod black ops because of the Nuketown battlefield.
I wish I could change my vote to Halo Reach. I haven't played Black Ops in forever and I have been playing Halo Reach more and I love everything about it. Mainly that it is harder to die.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:40 PM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!

COD was Kick arse!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I am a Halo fan. That's simply it. I don't have enough interest in CoD to buy any games, but I don't think it's bad at all. Going with stuff below, most of my friends are CoD fans. I get "Halo is stupid." "it's a ton of aliens and crap" and similar comments a lot. I have never talked smack about CoD to them. I like Sci-Fi and think Halo is cool. Why does there have to be a problem?

I wish people would just stop fighting over this (not just this thread. It's everywhere) and agree that both games are good.

But sadly the competition just keeps gaining feul, with CoD Modern Warfare 3 and Halo 4 on the horizon. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they just stopped both series. Not saying that I don't want more Halo games, but wth every one comes a new CoD game, which creates more "CoD is better" "No, Halo is better".

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I like Halo for the sci-fi aspect of the genre. Also, the game is "flashier" than CoD. I can do some stunts and kills that CoD can't compare. for instance, I got kicked out of a flying banshee, only to land and slide down the cockpit of a grounded enemy falcon, and assassinate a poor spartan who was standing in front of the falcon, while the falcon lifted off after getting stuck with a grenade resulting in a cool hollywood-esque explosion!
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:28 PM

Andyman is back has disabled reputation

Halo all the way. Some people say that C.O.D. is more realistic but I'll prove them wrong. In COD you get shot in the chest with a WA2000. Your screen gets bloody, you duck behind a corner, count to four and your back to full health. You could do that 6 billion times and live. In Halo, the powersuit allows the ability of your health to recharge, making it actually more realistic.
Old July 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Venom View Post
I grade them on three criteria:

Campaign-

Firefight/Zombies mode-

Multiplayer-

I think Black Ops is better in all three , but thats just my opinion, what do you think?
Campaign - Halo Reach all the way. No contest here. Black Ops even has the distinction of being the best CoD campaign by far so far but still holds nothing to Halo.

Firefight/Zombies - I'd have to say I enjoy zombies more

Multiplayer - Black Ops is better in this realm as well, although I do like how you can actually look different in Halo multiplayer. I just get tired of my own teammates killing me or doing something similar because they feel they are so more deserving of a sniper gun or a vehicle. And a lot of the matches don't have the booting function on them. I remember having to neg rep someone almost every match because they purposefuly killed me. Kinda lame. Also, Halo can be bad with spawn kills. Very lame.

Music - Halo all the way, again not even close.

Visuals - now in terms of graphics they are very similar, but in terms of visually appealing I'd have to go with Halo. It's a more beautiful game.

Kid friendly - I have to go with Halo. CoD has much more swearing and innappropriate material. Plus it is a little too realistic for kids (ie killing real people with real guns rather than aliens with plasma rifles).

Time- They both will suck up all your time.

Fan base - This one is hard. Halo has the potential for the nerd types that like the background of Halo (this is a good thing) but as I said before I've witnessed too many jerks on Halo multiplayer to completely believe that. On the other hand CoD has nothing like a nerd fan base (that I kinda like in games). It's all gamers or jocks, not very many people who can play for fun (unsure how to explain that more).

Theme - this one is personal preference but I enjoy the Halo theme way more, much cooler.

Disclaimer - I would consider myself very much a veteran player in both games. I usually finish in the top 3 in any match for either game I play in. I'm not bragging about it or anything just stating it. I know there are tons of people who would crush me but in my experience I manage to do really well in both games in multiplayer. I'm not sure how much that affects what I've written above, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not a newb by any standard.

I'm not sure I can actually vote which one is the better game. CoD has the most enjoyable multiplayer, but halo has the best campaign. I really enjoy campaigns. I spend more time playing CoD because of the multiplayer but I spend more time in my mind in the world of Halo. I guess I'd have to say Halo is the better game simply because it has the whole package (campaign/multiplayer), but I still can't bring myself to actually vote in the poll one way or another. I look forward to new Halo games coming out than CoD games.
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:14 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Cod WAW, or Cod 4 win in the CoD departments.

I've never been a fan of Halo.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games