Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 3/

I think you have illegal placement on the walls on Running from Shadows. Not like I'm a stickler for that kind of thing or anything...

Otherwise, I really like it- by far your best map. IMO, to make it as great as possible, you might want to lower the 7-hexes in the starting zone, get rid of the wall, and move the dungeon 7-hexes where the water/shadow are on lv. 1 in the center. The starting zone to the immediate right can be moved farther up the map, toward the other starting zones, and the lv. 3 height can be moved to accommodate for the wall being moved. Finally, you can move the LoS blocker on the very left to right in front of the lv. 3 tile so that figures on it can't shoot down the road- because a figure like Syvarris can jump on it turn 1 and beat the crap out of any melee figures coming at it.

I hope you don't think I'm too nit-picky because of my suggestions, but I hope they help you figure out how to make even better maps in the future based on them!

-R
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I think you have illegal placement on the walls on Running from Shadows. Not like I'm a stickler for that kind of thing or anything...
Hmm... looking at the rulebook, you're right. I never knew, I've built so many maps that way, I probably use the bridge walls like that more often then I don't. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Otherwise, I really like it- by far your best map. IMO, to make it as great as possible, you might want to lower the 7-hexes in the starting zone, get rid of the wall, and move the dungeon 7-hexes where the water/shadow are on lv. 1 in the center. The starting zone to the immediate right can be moved farther up the map, toward the other starting zones, and the lv. 3 height can be moved to accommodate for the wall being moved. Finally, you can move the LoS blocker on the very left to right in front of the lv. 3 tile so that figures on it can't shoot down the road- because a figure like Syvarris can jump on it turn 1 and beat the crap out of any melee figures coming at it.
Could you do that out on VirtualScape and post a picture? I tried following your suggestions myself, but couldn't quite understand what you mean with some of them.

Quote:
I hope you don't think I'm too nit-picky because of my suggestions, but I hope they help you figure out how to make even better maps in the future based on them!

-R
Don't worry, it's nice to hear constructive criticism, it's definitely better then hearing nothing.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios