Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: CHCG24 Discussion Thread

I could see lowering it to 7. That's equal with DW9K, but I wouldn't want to go any lower than that. I still think removing trample stomp and making it so he can't attack the same figure more than once is the way to go.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

I guess the question now is whether or not krysto liked any of these suggested power tweaks.

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
...making it so he can't attack the same figure more than once is the way to go.
Now that's a good idea. His current setup portrays him as wildly firing missiles and cannons all over the place, slowly decreasing in radius until he finishes with the big guns on an adjacent unit. Leaving him to attack only 1 unit each time causes 1 major change. Since you can only enhance the attack/range AFTER attacking, if you engage this guy, the ability is completely useless. You'd also be unable to reach the 8 die maximum period because he'd be engaged, which would kind of screw things over, but I'm sure a solution could be arranged to solve that too.

When I first designed this figure's card (as that is where I always start) I imagined a lumbering DW, each footfall leveling the terrain about him (this is me flashing back to my days of MW4), then settling into position, surveying his surroundings and opening up a barrage of his entire arsenal (the idea came not only from MW's alpha strike ability, but also from classic cartoon robots apparently having missile bays covering 95% of their armor, down to the finger tips).

Another solution is to reverse the ammo barrage and start with 8 and work down to 1 from 1 range to 8. I am willing to drop this guy down to 7 and 7, but like Chardar pointed out, this would warrant major point revision.

I'm going to bed for the night, I've got a long day coming up tomorrow and it won't be any better with all of today's stress still piling up.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The problem with the Special Attack is that it's either completely lame (if he's engaged) or completely overpowered (if he's not engaged and can attack a zillion times).

I like to see some consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The problem with the Special Attack is that it's either completely lame (if he's engaged) or completely overpowered (if he's not engaged and can attack a zillion times).

That's what makes it so theamatic for a Deathwalker.The incredible power coupled with extreme unreability.

Old November 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:

That's what makes it so theamatic for a Deathwalker.The incredible power coupled with extreme unreability.
At least somebody gets the concept here, this figure isn't meant to be Q9, where consistent attacks at a high range are the point, the purpose is to perform semi-inconsistently with the ever pending risk of losing a large sum of points, much like 7K, 8K, 9K and so on.
The point value is the major debate here, as that's the gamble you are placing in. This figure CAN be killed, don't get me wrong, one bad roll and he's dead, unlike Captain America, who by definition is this guy on crack. High defense, attack, life and a powerful ranged attack with great synergy.

So if you can't think of anything to comment aside from "lame" and "sucks" and so on, please try to give useful feedback. "I like" and "good" don't serve a purpose here either. Now that making semi-official units is more important, I think we should be a little more professional than opinions without founding.

Now that I've vented my spleen from school, let's look for a solution. How can this ability be balanced out without completely breaking the unit.

Here's my suggestion; let's switch it to 1 range 8 attack and reverse the flow. In an engagement he can still attack, but unless he kills the figure he's wasted. We can also easily take this guy down to 1 to 7 or 1 to 6 with a major point adjustment (maybe 160-170) and still have no problems. I admit it needs rewording, that much is true, but the underlying concept of a shift from light range to heavy melee is the founding concept. We're talking about a giant robot here, not a metal pansy.

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

I already gave a suggested word fixing, but you ignored it because you didn't approve that I disagree with your custom.

Ammo Barrage Special Attack
Range 8 - Special. Attack 1 + Special.
When Deathwalker 10000 attacks with his Ammo Barrage Special Attack, he may attack 7 additional times. After each attack with Ammo Barrage Special Attack, subtract 1 space from Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Range value and add 1 die to Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Attack value. Deathwalker 10000 may not use this special power if he moved this turn.
Old November 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
I already gave a suggested word fixing, but you ignored it because you didn't approve that I disagree with your custom.

When Deathwalker 10000 attacks with his Ammo Barrage Special Attack, he may attack 7 additional times. After each attack with Ammo Barrage Special Attack, subtract 1 space from Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Range value and add 1 die to Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Attack value. Deathwalker 10000 may not use this special power if he moved this turn.
Sorry, been in a rage recently and the recent news hasn't helped at all. So let's take this one step at a time. So taking your idea into consideration, as well as the ideas of others, I propose the following:

If unengaged, Deathwalkker 10000 may choose to attack with his Ammo Barrage Special Attack. When Deathwalker 10000 attacks with his Ammo Barrage Special Attack, he may attack 6 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once. After each attack with Ammo Barrage Special Attack, subtract 1 space from Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Range value and add 1 die to Ammo Barrage Special Attack's Attack value. Deathwalker 10000 may not use this special power if he moved this turn.

This revision prevents the engagement problem, solves a huge over-powered problem and provides a quick easy counter.

By the way, on a separate note, if I ever could find the right pre-existing dream figure for him (readily available) then I'd try and make it about the same size as TKN, which is what I initially based him off of, though for the sake of practicality I'm abandoning this.

And lastly to finish off, there have been a lot of complaints regarding TS, so I suggest that the ability be altered so as to only affect small figures, renamed and the figure re-sized to match Q9 as a proxy, which is by far the easiest proxy for him.

Old November 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds good. Post an updated card and we'll discuss it...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Fully Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Sounds good. Post an updated card and we'll discuss it...

Brandon
I'm out for a bit today, right now I'm posting from my DSi, so I can't do the fix until I get back, which will be later this afternoon. I'll see what we can do discussion-wise, but seeing as how I haven't had much feedback, I'm starting to think you guys are busy with all the other customs.

If you guys really don't like this guy (he's not my favorite either) we can either work on one you do like (Gordyrr or even one of the 'crons) or skip it altogether.

Like I said, from what I gather, you guys just don't seem to like DW10k at all, especially since someone went to all the lengths to tell me it sucks.

Be back later, we'll discuss this then.

Old November 7th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Skip it.
Technically it is past the deadline, but we were are a little inactive here because of the recent news, so I think we can give him a little extra time.

Go ahead and post an updated card like the BIV said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards