Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Su-Bak-Na

The Book of Su-Bak-Na
Orm's Return - "Heroes of Laur"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: This Marro Hivelordšs command of the battlefield is supreme. His mere presence on the field inspires even mindless Marro drones to become bolder and more effective. Mounted on his skeletal dragon, Su-Bak-Na can survey his surroundings in an instant and fly to wherever his daunting presence is required. There is no way to understand this Marrošs devious behavior. He may be inclined to stand back and control the field from the rear, or swoop into battle, obliterating all that stand in his way. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Su-Bak-Na may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

- Marrden Nagrubs : Hivelord Life Bonding
    As a Hivelord, Su-Bak-Na may benefit from Mardden Nagrub's HIVELORD LIFE BONDING activation bonus and life enhancement.
Synergy Benefits OfferedC3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Su-Bak-Na- Though weak on defense and life, the bone dragon partially makes up for it with a high attack and marro/hound boosts. B-

Su Bak Na
Bonus Optional? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=861
Bonus Optional? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4961

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Although I've only played with him a few times, his 7 attack and hive supremacy (with an all marro/wulsinu team) is great! Hive supremacy, for me, is very useful in order to use the marro/wulsinu without being that lucky. And 7 attack can just dominate against little squad figures and is good against almost any other figures. Although he has 6 move (same with most other dragons), 3 defense and 5 life isn't great for a dragon/huge figure. But over all I think he is a good dragon for 160 (but you still have to use some marro/wulsinu) and a pretty good figure.
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM

ezekiel has disabled reputation
My opponents hate me when I use Su-Bak-Na and the Marros. I always take Kee-Mo-Shi and the Marrden's along with the other points to fill up. Thats how I took down Jotun one day. I thought there were a lot more marros than just that's on the synergy list.

naboota itchy nub nub- Chewbacca hoo ha

In memoriam of Deannie-April 17, 2007
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heh, Marro Civil War. Yeh I think they would stack.

I used to think SBN was a lot overpriced. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe still a little, but I've played him a lot with Marro armies which I love experimenting with, and he can be a hoss. The 3 defense is his weakness. Otherwise, he's a hoss. Q9's appearance may've made SBN price more justified. SBN's mobility and 7 dice attack is a huge threat to Q9, the biggest threat in the game short of Jotun. If you tie up Q9 with some other Marro figs (heavily armored Ne-Gok-Sa is ideal) so that you can move in freely and get first strike with SBN, you can put Q9 down with the second attack. Time this on a round where you've lost initiative, so you get the last turn for your SBN attack, and if you win init next round you get two attacks in a row - odds are that's a dead Q9.

SBN can pull a slick move against other heroes too. If you start the round engaged with a melee hero, and there's any handicap to movement that you can fly over and he can't keep up, and there are other nearby targets... if your opp stacks all orders on the engaged hero, just fly away, accept the leaving swipe, and then munch on other helpless targets with no order markers.

Combine SBN with possession of the +1d20 glyph, and the Marro really shine. The Marrden Hounds with a +2 boost are death incarnate against any enemy squad figs that can be plagued. Mindshackle chances get really good for KMS and NGS.

I think you just have to have a lot of points to work with - at least 500 for a solid Marro army. You gotta have Marrden Hounds, and they're expensive at 90 but worth spending 180 on.

The Marro are short on bonding (there are the drones, but that's just OK)... I wish SBN had "Carry" - that would've been ultra cool. Sort of a substitute for bonding. I can't wait to see what the new Marro Master Set does for them... gona really fill our their army I bet. Think if they had someone who could generate a substantial +1 defense field... whew, that alone would make the Marro a force to be reckoned with.

H
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
I have to admit, I have a special place in my heart for SBN. I love the sculpt--it takes me back to the good old days of crappy Forgotten Realms novels that featured Dracolitches and such. On top of that, I always blow with the Marro unless he's in my army. Once he's in, suddenly I'm a mindshacklin', plaguin' d20 beast.

I literally tingle with excitement over the new Master Set.

Man, I can't wait to get home! Two new master sets, two new booster waves, and who knows what else (a new exclusive or two? another group of large heroes? my ex-girlfriend dressed up like Harley Quinn?)!

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior of Einar
i really love the crud out SBN, but i just wish he had one more defense...
The general idea with units is that they have a weakness that keeps them from being all powerful. It's like saying

"Q9 is awesome, but he needs more life..."

My point? Kill units with SBN's 7 attack before they have a change to breakhis weakdefense.

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Old July 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM

Warrior of Einar has disabled reputation
i see what ur saying Bach, i just know sometimes that SBN can get destroyed by ranged units before he can kill enemy units, but i also agree with ya on the balanced stats idea.

+ dragon = kick butt
Old July 21st, 2007, 09:01 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Su-Bak-Na should never, ever, be put out in the open. He should never, ever move towards an enemy without being able to attack it. He wil always be cut down if he is left out in the open. always.
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:57 AM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
how about using raelin with sbn? She would provide him with the extra defense and enable him to kill almost any unit.
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
On small maps (1 master set) Su-Bak-Na is always in danger.

With two markers on the Venoc Vipers and only one succesfull Frenzy roll, I've been able to kill SBN in the very first round! (18 spaces separated the starting zones)

40 points Vs 160!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:51 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm excited about using hte grubs with him. he can becoem a great fighter again if need be. bonding with a weak squad, but nonetheless will help him heal. His defense is still pretty weak, but perhaps the new raelin will help him and the massive amount of drones I'd like to take with him.
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I'm excited about using hte grubs with him. he can becoem a great fighter again if need be. bonding with a weak squad, but nonetheless will help him heal. His defense is still pretty weak, but perhaps the new raelin will help him and the massive amount of drones I'd like to take with him.
500 points:

Su-Bak-Na
Tor-Kul-Na
4x Nagrubs

Send out Tor-Kul-Na on a Hive Supremacy boosted rampage. Keep the Nagrubs back, as their only purpose is to be additional life points for Hivelords and you don't want them getting killed. Flexible bonding with the ability to heal back 12 wounds of damage as you play. Su-Bak-Na probably won't enter the fray until Tor-Kul-Na goes down, but your opponent can't approach the Nagrubs without fearing his 7 attack either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units