Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Commander Charvanek

The Book of Commander Charvanek
Trekscape

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure to be determined after their release.

TBA

Background:
TBA

Charvanek

Romulan Star Empire
Human
Unique Hero
Commander

Ambitious
Medium 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ? (that is not my strength)

Romulan Bonding
Instead of taking a turn with Charvanek, you may take a turn with either 2 Romulan Heroes or 1 Romulan Squad that you control. Any unit that is taking a turn instead of Charvanek must be within clear sight of Charvanek before moving.

Clouded Judgement "Why would you do this to me?”
If a Vulcan Commander is in the same or a friendly army and adjacent to Charvanek, add 5 to your initiative roll. If a Vulcan Commander is in the opposing army and adjacent to Charvanek, subtract 5 from your initiative roll.

Character Bio - In 2268, a female Romulan commander led a three-ship squadron that captured the USS Enterprise after it illegally entered Romulan space. An ambitious officer, she felt that the achievement of her lifetime would be to bring the Enterprise back to Romulus intact. She saw that it would broaden the scope of her powers greatly.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

• _________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A
  • (Insert first playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)

Design Notes:
I wanted to have the Female Romulan Commander be similar in build to Bones, but a little higher defense and life due to the fact that she was Romulan. The romulan disruptor would be identical to the phaser, but have no stun, and shorter range. I wanted her to bond with the centurion (who will have guard ability like the air elemental) and the romulan squads which I imagine will be like Heavy Gruts.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Last edited by Ryougabot; August 30th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:34 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of the Female Romulan Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Female Romulan Commander

I think if we are going to have this card be a unique hero, it needs to have a name, not just Female Romulan Commander.
Quote:
Romulan Star Empire
Quote:
Romulan
Unique Hero
Captain
Ambitious
Medium 5
LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ? (that is not my strength)

Romulan Bonding
Instead of taking a turn with Female Romulan Commander, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control: 2 Common or Uncommon Romulan Heroes; or 1 Romulan Squad. You may choose which Hero to activate first. Any figure in the above list that is taking a turn instead of Female Romulan Commander must be within clear sight of Female Romulan Commander before moving.

The wording here is clunky, and I know it's based on Kato, but I'm sure we can do better. Try...
Instead of taking a turn with Female Romulan Commander, you may take a turn with either 1 Romulan Hero or 1 Romulan Squad that you control. Any unit that is taking a turn instead of Female Romulan Commander must be within clear sight of Female Romulan Commander before moving.
Quote:
Cloaking Device
Quote:
"Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.”
The Female Romulan Commander may chose to cloak herself or any Romulan figure you control that is adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander you control. To cloak, roll the 20sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, place a cloak marker on the Female Romulan Commander that you control and all Romulan figures you control that are adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander. Figures with a cloak marker no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the round. Figures with a cloak marker cannot attack with normal attacks.

Ugh... Markers... Plain and simple, just use Nakita's ability please. No markers needed.
When the Female Romulan Commander, or any figure you control that is adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander you control, is targeted for a normal attack from a non‑adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the Female Romulan Commander you control and all figures you control that are adjacent to those agents, no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.
Quote:
Clouded Judgement
Quote:
"Why would you do this to me?”
If Commander Spock is in the same or a friendly army and adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander, add 5 to your initiative roll. If Commander Spock is in the opposing army and adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander, subtract 5 from your initiative roll.

We went over not using specific names in powers in McCoy, so let's change to...
If a Vulcan Commander is in the same or a friendly army and adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander, add 5 to your initiative roll. If a Vulcan Commander is in the opposing army and adjacent to the Female Romulan Commander, subtract 5 from your initiative roll.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Liviana Charvanek is in her name in the novel. Don't know if we want to use that or not, but unique heroes are listed with unique names. This might present a problem for the male Romulan Commander, because I don't think he was ever named.

I like Ambitious and her stats, although I don't know why her class would be Captain if we're calling her a Commander.

Would the male Romulan commander have the same bonding?

Don't think you need markers, there is already precedence for no hit zones (Nakita, Estivara).

If we didn't use her name, perhaps they could be made together as a Unique Squad of Romulan Commanders?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; July 23rd, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Liviana Charvanek is in her name in the novel. Don't know if we want to use that or not, but unique heroes are listed with unique names. This might present a problem for the male Romulan Commander, because I don't think he was ever named.

I like Ambitious and her stats, although I don't know why her class would be Captain if we're calling her a Commander.

Don't think you need markers, there is already precedence for no hit zones (Nakita, Estivara).

If we didn't use her name, perhaps they could be made together as a Unique Squad of Romulan Commanders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
Some non-canon sources, such as authors Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz, as well as the Star Trek Customizable Card Game, list the character's name as "Charvanek." Authors Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath list her as "Dion Charvon" in The Price of the Phoenix and The Fate of the Phoenix. Author Della Van Hise lists her as "Praetor Thea" in Killing Time.
Just to name a few.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
Some non-canon sources, such as authors Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz, as well as the Star Trek Customizable Card Game, list the character's name as "Charvanek." Authors Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath list her as "Dion Charvon" in The Price of the Phoenix and The Fate of the Phoenix. Author Della Van Hise lists her as "Praetor Thea" in Killing Time.
Just to name a few.
I like the concept behind Cloaking device, but let's modify the existing Scape ability and rename it. I'd really like to avoid adding more markers unless absolutely necessary.

The TV shows and movies are our main source for abilities and such, but let's pick one of the names and use it. Any of them will sound better than Romulan Commander - Female or Female Romulan Commander. "Charvanek" sounds like it is the most common. Commander Charvanek anyone?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the name Charvanek.

I like your idea of the wording on bonding.

On cloaking device, I wanted it to be an active choice, not a reaction...it is more in theme. Is there a way to word it without the markers, but still be active.

On clouded judgment, that is cool

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
On cloaking device, I wanted it to be an active choice, not a reaction...it is more in theme. Is there a way to word it without the markers, but still be active.
The more I think about it, I'm not sure the ability should be called cloaking at all. With few exceptions - none I could find in TOS - there aren't any personal cloaking devices. Maybe this should be Romulan Stealth or something like that instead.
If it does stay "cloaking" or is renamed I think it should work more like Smoke Powder.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
The more I think about it, I'm not sure the ability should be called cloaking at all. With few exceptions - none I could find in TOS - there aren't any personal cloaking devices. Maybe this should be Romulan Stealth or something like that instead.
If it does stay "cloaking" or is renamed I think it should work more like Smoke Powder.
I tried to post this morning and it would not take some kind of error.

I CAN NOT AGREE MORE

I really don't like the Idea of personal cloking.

other than that. We have a good start.

1. Unique or Uncommon. If we want to do her specifically than we should name her and the Spock orinetatated power works. If we want a uncommon version I think it does not. I am happy with naming her. I could see the Male being Uncommon and her being unique. I think that works well.

2. Bonding. How about we just say you can activate/ take a turn with, Any two Romulan cards When you reveil an Order marker on her. I think that gives us some Flexibility and allot simpler language on the card.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I like the name Charvanek.

I like your idea of the wording on bonding.

On clouded judgment, that is cool
Also, cloaking device as it is written doesn't say when it happens. Ie: before moving, after attacking, when you reveal an Order Marker. Etc.
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Are we stalled on this gal?

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Trying to move her along:

Should this figure be
A) Unique Hero (with a specific name)
B) Uncommon Hero
C) Common Hero

Left box stats
A) OK as written
B) Should be changed (give specifics)

Romulan Bonding
A) OK as written

Cloaking Device (or renamed)
A) OK as written
B) a la Nakita Agents
C) Other (give specifics)

Clouded Judgment
A) OK as written

Perhaps the thread title should say we're in Design Phase?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:42 AM

Should this figure be
A) Unique Hero (with a specific name)Long live Liviana Charvanek
B) Uncommon Hero save for male
C) Common Hero

Left box stats
A) OK as written

Romulan Bonding
A) OK as written
B) Should be changed (It is too wordy and complicated. This concerns me as we should want our bonding to be internally consistant, as well as HS compliant.

When an Order marker is reveled on FRC {Liviana Charvanek} you may instead activate any two Romulan cards}

I Think romulan cards sounds better than Who Follow Romulan They are not generals but factions so some wording will change. This would let her Activate herself but only kicks in when an OM is reveled so no Chain of activations. If you want to activate her and a squad of troops cool if you want to activate a centurion and troops also cool.

Cloaking Device (or renamed)
A) OK as written
B) a la Nakita Agents {If we have to have this power} I think the Nakita agents power works better for Personal shields we wont need them until Next Gen anyway. In 2372, Admiral Leyton notes that Starfleet resources at Earth include "stockpiles of phaser rifles, personal forcefields, photon grenades . . . enough to equip an entire army." Note well the mention of personal forcefields. Though we haven't seen soldiers employing forcefield emitters on a massive scale, we can get some good guesses as to what they are like. Source
C) Other (give specifics)

Clouded Judgment
A) OK as written {really cool if it is a unique, but leave it Spock, he is the one she has history with.}

Perhaps the thread title should say we're in Design Phase? Yep

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum