Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: 2009 Unit Battle Royale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
LR,

How did you handle the tie for second?

Edit: Oh, I see - a D20 roll. Grrr, I fall behind because of the fall of the dice.

~Z
That makes the game very life-like, I suppose. <wry grin>
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Member Scores and Standings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
(AliasQTip Factor = % of maximum possible points scored)
I'm honored, LordRaidor.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

Urg. I feel so cheated. Kozuke beat Crizus by one. Brunak beats Oni via d20 roll. I could have 4 more points otherwise.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM

KevinWC Woo who?

LordRaidor, how did you set up the brackets. Where the figures placed randomly in groups? I was thinking about whether or not this contest could be done again next year and concluded that with a mix of new units/combos, re-release of older sets, and a new bracket that we could have another great contest.

A KC Heroscaper who is Not in Kansas Anymore...
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Wow - I have no internet access for a few days and then I'm up on top. Well I'll be knocked down a peg soon considering I picked the swog riders for the next poll and they are doing very, very, poorly.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
Wow - I have no internet access for a few days and then I'm up on top.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Seeding and Winning "in absentia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
Wow - I have no internet access for a few days and then I'm up on top. Well I'll be knocked down a peg soon considering I picked the swog riders for the next poll and they are doing very, very, poorly.
Fancy that, ...a similar thing happened to jbbnbsmith too...

Apparently, next year's winner will be the person who submits a bracket, then avoids the site entirely until after the contest is over... ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWC View Post
LordRaidor, how did you set up the brackets. Where the figures placed randomly in groups? I was thinking about whether or not this contest could be done again next year and concluded that with a mix of new units/combos, re-release of older sets, and a new bracket that we could have another great contest.
Bracket seeding was 'pseudo-random'. The units were all shuffled into a random list initially, then bubble-sorted to ensure that no two units from the same expansion were in the same round-one bout.

If we do this again next year (which looks highly probable), we'll most likely add MarvelScape and any/all new figs (Wave 9+), then drop an equal number of the lowest performing units from this year to keep the tourney the same size...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Active Campaigning...

In the interests of fairness and open disclosure, everyone participating in the UBR should be aware that there IS some active 'closed-circle' campaigning going on behind the scenes.

I have observed several patterns forming across the recent polls, where some members who DIDN'T enter the contest are voting to support the candidate of their 'real-life' buddy who DID enter. There is nothing wrong with this practice. ...It's called 'politics'. ^_^

It is ILLEGAL to create 'duplicate' or 'bogus' member accounts just so you can place extra votes in the polls. Anyone caught doing this will be BANNED.

It is NOT, however, against the rules in any way to beg, pester, or cajole your friends, buddies, and/or acquaintances who ARE members into using their accounts to vote the way you want them to. That's just campaigning, and is certainly to be expected in any voting process, to a reasonable extent...

Just wanted you all to be aware that some members are campaigning for support from their friends, and using that to the advantage of their entries. If you find that unfair, please realize that you have every right to do the same in return. Send PMs, put a banner in your signature, pass out copies of your bracket at your next HeroScape game-night, ...feel free to do whatever you want to promote your candidates in the polls and get them more votes.

...Just DON'T create bogus accounts here on the site: you WILL get banned for that (and disqualified in the contest, to boot).

Thank you for your support. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Unit Battle Royale, already in progress...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Thanks, LordRaidor. I think anyone with any intelligence has been aware of this. Some of the people here (like me) recognize it and know that it handicaps our results, but we do not care because we think such cheesy politicking is, well, cheesy. But if some people have such small lives that they must win a fun game in that manner, well, that is their own sad life. The rest of us will play along as per usual, without the back-scenes tactics. I know my position is terribly naive. I also know it is the nice position of most of the members of this site.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

If people are that desperate to proof that theirs is the most average taste on the board, let them.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Well put.

DeceitfulBeauty has been voting for my units so far, but I try to give her all the options and let her vote for her favorite even though I also tell her who's in my brackets. (In the very first poll, for example, she asked "Are the Nakita Agents in your bracket?" I said yes and she replied "Oh good, because I like them.")

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Thanks, LordRaidor. I think anyone with any intelligence has been aware of this. Some of the people here (like me) recognize it and know that it handicaps our results, but we do not care because we think such cheesy politicking is, well, cheesy. But if some people have such small lives that they must win a fun game in that manner, well, that is their own sad life. The rest of us will play along as per usual, without the back-scenes tactics. I know my position is terribly naive. I also know it is the nice position of most of the members of this site.
I could not say it better! I have some friends here too, but I have not asked them to vote for my unit yet. I came very close though, when Kozuke, Crixus and Nerak were so close. I picked Kozuke my 1st and Nerak my 2nd. I could have asked them to vote for Nerak to bring it to a tie with Crixus, but like Revdyer said, I do not want to win that bad.
Rev, you have me on your side !

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games