Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 27th, 2018, 12:23 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Vote for Initial

yea
Old March 27th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Just re-read Breaking Balance, somewhere it lost the dice boost. I am happy now.
Yea
Yeah, that was dropped a while back - it was a little inelegant, and, while it was needed to keep him around at 5 def, at 6 def with the potential bonus of The Way of Ninjitsu it's not really needed.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 27th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Initial Playtesting

This passes!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 27th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You need to update the SP with the current version.

Initial is up.

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Splinter)
Hero Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes. Lost many.
- What should be the unit's point value? 230 feels OK after these tests.
- Give a brief overview. Splinter had a tough go with the other 230 point figures.
Map: Custom
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? TI saw nothing to alter 230.
- Give a brief preview. Turtles vs Creatures.
Units: Splinter (230), Leo(210), Raph(170), Mikey(170), Don(150) & Hand(85) [1015] vs. Frank, Wendigo, Dragon Man & Lurker [1015]

Spoiler Alert!

Recap
: Tried to use TWoN to manipulate Self Importance but the rolls never worked out.
- Give a brief preview. Raph gets bloody violent and the Criminals suffer his wrath.

Units: Splinter (230), Leo(210), Raph(170), Mikey(170), Don(150) [930] vs. Doc Ock(215), Wizard(140), Whirlwind(190) & LexCorp x3(390) [935]

Spoiler Alert!

Recap
: Raph refused to die at one point and the Criminals took some vicious attacks they could not overcome. Splinter was there to timely give out an auto shield when needed.

FINAL THOUGHTS: The Turtles are interesting to play. Everything hinges on Raphael and his Self Importance. Not only is this roll influenced by his own Raph's Wrath but also by Leo and Splinter, making for a bit of calculations with each roll and a lot of strategy to go along with it. I am not sure I entirely grasped the potential here.

From what I gathered, Splinter was really best served hanging back and trying to force Raph's Wrath or helping out with a bonus shield.

With no real bonding to the team or the Hand Ninja it makes it a bit of a hassle to keep him with the group, though I suppose Don could throw him, which is a good use of the +4 from The Way of Ninjitsu.

I think Splinter makes for a nice booster and fail safe plan for the group. Going mostly off the one on ones, he did not feel overpowered at 230. That Life 4 really goes quickly against most other figures in that point group.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 27th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You need to update the SP with the current version.

Initial is up.

Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Splinter)
Hero Tests
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes. Lost many.
- What should be the unit's point value? 230 feels OK after these tests.
- Give a brief overview. Splinter had a tough go with the other 230 point figures.
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? TI saw nothing to alter 230.
- Give a brief preview. Turtles vs Creatures.
Units: Splinter (230), Leo(210), Raph(170), Mikey(170), Don(150) & Hand(85) [1015] vs. Frank, Wendigo, Dragon Man & Lurker [1015]

Spoiler Alert!

Recap
: Tried to use TWoN to manipulate Self Importance but the rolls never worked out.
- Give a brief preview. Raph gets bloody violent and the Criminals suffer his wrath.

Units: Splinter (230), Leo(210), Raph(170), Mikey(170), Don(150) [930] vs. Doc Ock(215), Wizard(140), Whirlwind(190) & LexCorp x3(390) [935]

Spoiler Alert!

Recap
: Raph refused to die at one point and the Criminals took some vicious attacks they could not overcome. Splinter was there to timely give out an auto shield when needed.

FINAL THOUGHTS: The Turtles are interesting to play. Everything hinges on Raphael and his Self Importance. Not only is this roll influenced by his own Raph's Wrath but also by Leo and Splinter, making for a bit of calculations with each roll and a lot of strategy to go along with it. I am not sure I entirely grasped the potential here.

From what I gathered, Splinter was really best served hanging back and trying to force Raph's Wrath or helping out with a bonus shield.

With no real bonding to the team or the Hand Ninja it makes it a bit of a hassle to keep him with the group, though I suppose Don could throw him, which is a good use of the +4 from The Way of Ninjitsu.

I think Splinter makes for a nice booster and fail safe plan for the group. Going mostly off the one on ones, he did not feel overpowered at 230. That Life 4 really goes quickly against most other figures in that point group.

Yeah, I'm aware the SP needs updating - I've been putting it off since he's gone through so many changes, I wanted to make sure we were happy with the present version before I updated it.

Thanks so much for the tests! (And for doing them so quickly - I don't know how you guys do it, most tests take me considerably longer.)
Splinter was always going to suffer against fellow 230 pointers in 1v1 - his support abilities are part of his cost, without them he's probably closer to 190/200. Notable that his victories were against Iron Monger (whose pififully low life makes him a fairly easy prospect for Splinter, thanks to Breaking Balance) and Ursa (a decidedly average character really - not totally sure she's worth her points, I mean, Kryptonian Defence is good, but the only other real thing she's got going for her is Special Attack that's pretty much just a Kryptonian counter and hurts her as she uses it).
It's also interesting that you seemed to make a lot out of Self Importance - never really used it in the last few tests I ran, maybe I ought to have tried to make more use of it. I'm glad you liked him! If he feels like a solid boosting figure and a nice, scary reserve force/clean-up figure, that sounds right to me.
I'll make a proposal for Public Playtesting tomorrow night. Thanks again, chap!

~Lazy Orang, breathing a sigh of relief.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 28th, 2018, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Tornado, it looks like you never took a 5 turn round with the Turtles/Splinter in either game, is the correct or am I just missing it?
Old March 28th, 2018, 02:59 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Doesn’t look like the current wording allows for it.
Old March 28th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Doesn’t look like the current wording allows for it.
Yes it does:

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Actually... maybe it doesn't. It was certainly meant to. That was always my intent. I meant for you to be able to use Leo's Turtle Power and recover one of the Order Markers with Splinter.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 28th, 2018, 03:21 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Definitely doesn't.
Old March 28th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Hard as ice

Ah... well, that's how I always intended it and how I played him. Could we go back to it like that? I was just running with wording someone else suggested. What should I go with?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 28th, 2018, 03:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, the 5th bonus turn (on a later OM reveal) after using Turtle Power for 4 turns was always a key feature of the design in my mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library