Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 25th, 2016, 01:34 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr. G's Figure Repaints

Thanks guys! And I really enjoy it, it seems a lot easier than I was expecting it to be, so that's good.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 27th, 2016, 05:09 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr. G's Figure Repaints

Well, I've got one more repaint I did, and updated pictures of the Samurai (I drybrushed them a bit, look at the armoured one's butt ), and a couple Vikings a friend of mine painted. Woo-hoo!

Krug looks okay. I'm not as thrilled with him as I am about the samurai, but I'm not unhappy with him. I have two others, so I suspect you'll be seeing another attempt at him at some point, not for a while though.

My next one is going to be Finn, his cape was fun to paint

Also, if you're curious, I ended up buying this pack of Fine Touch paints at Hobby Lobby. They seem pretty decent to me, once you add some water. Basically it was the most variety of colours for the cheapest I could find. And I got a silver, bright gold, and bronze CraftSmart, they mix pretty well with the others, I can definitely tell they're worse paint though.

Samurai
Spoiler Alert!

Vikings
Spoiler Alert!

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; September 28th, 2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:13 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Dr. G's Figure Repaints - Krug Added 9/27

Krug looks great!!!

The Samurai are very Classic X-Men in blue & yellow : )

Still better than I can do with painting (which is why I love Heroscape).
Old September 27th, 2016, 11:03 PM
On vacation...

Thanks!

The more I look at Krug, the more I like him.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; September 28th, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old September 29th, 2016, 03:29 PM
On vacation...

Wow. Two more repaints up! Not to toot my own horn (though I do play trombone), but I think Finn is absolutely awesome. Raelin looks okay. I'm very happy with her wings (I may have copied bonegnasher a bit, but I think that's acceptable). I think I'll get better metallic paints at some point.

Also, which lighting is better? I think the yellow-y one is better for Raelin and the other is better for Finn.

Different Lighting:
Spoiler Alert!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 29th, 2016, 06:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Dr. G's Figure Repaints - Finn and Raelin Added 9/29

I like your repaints. Any reason you are painting over the bases? I like the look of the original bases. There are ways of covering the bases while painting if that is the case.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:34 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Cool repaints! I agree with TREX though, the bases are already pretty cool. If you're gonna paint over them I'd suggest adding some texture to it, some artificial moss/grass or snow perhaps. That's what I did when I painted my bases, it adds a cool affect.

Awesome work though, keep it up!

NS
Old September 30th, 2016, 03:11 PM
On vacation...

Thanks guys!

I paint the bases since I prime the bases unless I took them off the base I don't really see a way around that...

Are you talking about flocking? Hmm... I don't think the brown bases bother me that much. Plus then I'd probably go crazy and have to go full Grishnak.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 30th, 2016, 03:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Thanks guys!

I paint the bases since I prime the bases unless I took them off the base I don't really see a way around that...

Are you talking about flocking? Hmm... I don't think the brown bases bother me that much. Plus then I'd probably go crazy and have to go full Grishnak.
I've flocked bases before, and they don't look bad at all. Its quite easy. Another option you can do with the bases with the figures on them is cut out a paper circle bigger than the base, then cut slits up to punched holes for the feet. This will shield your base while priming. I have always just did repaints without primer on heroscape units. They paint over easily.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 30th, 2016, 11:04 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Thanks guys!

I've flocked bases before, and they don't look bad at all. Its quite easy. Another option you can do with the bases with the figures on them is cut out a paper circle bigger than the base, then cut slits up to punched holes for the feet. This will shield your base while priming. I have always just did repaints without primer on heroscape units. They paint over easily.
The paper circle idea is genius. Yet so simple it makes me feel stupid. I'll definitely do that with the next guys I prime (unfortunately Thorgrim and Khosumet are already primed... There's a teaser for ya).

Hmm, I figured I'd take any help I can to make the paint jobs look good, but yours look great without the priming. Maybe I'll try one without and see how I feel, and if I'm not happy I can always just prime over it. I think if there's a noticeable difference I'll stick to priming, the cost isn't high enough to warrant not doing it.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 30th, 2016, 11:49 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I love your repaints G.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 1st, 2016, 02:58 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nice painting Dr. G. Looking good so far. I personally have only done one repaint on official figures. I repainted minting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions