Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
So no where to order them yet? What Game store DarthJak - I live close to you, do they have it in the store and anyone can play it?
the store is Underhills Games on State Rd in Cuyahoga Falls.
Not sure if any one can play it, but maybe we can meet there Saturday.

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:20 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Ahh-haa finally a alternate use for the much maligned Dund. I believe that any player who brings a Dund to an Islandscape event would still be rewarded by @Grishnakh with an extra piece of cake.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; July 20th, 2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Corrected the spooling of "Greeschnacht"
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ordered mine for $29.99+free shipping

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Confred - from where?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 21st, 2015, 11:23 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Hendal Amazon Prime

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:18 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On it, thanks Confred

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 01:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I got to look and touch last night.

It actually made me a little sad. I have no doubt I will enjoy the gameplay but the production quality of the components is lacking. It just felt like a "cheap" version of heroscape, like how Mega-Blocks feels compared to actual Lego.

That said, I am sure I still buy when it is in front of me at the store.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 02:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great analogy!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:18 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I played a couple games at FFG game center last night.

The notable part was that I crossed the streams. I added 300 points of heroscape units to each side (all units counted as the color of the Planeswalker summoning them) for 800 points total per player.
Also did some deck building beyond what the rules say (24 cards, 400 points chosen from a pool of 3x cards).

The games went a little long, roughly two hours each. Blue versus white.

I just wanted to say that I think adding the heroscape units made the games quite a bit more fun. If only because I was sick of seeing the same 2 units and 12 cards per 'Pwalker every game.

I am not liking sets of 3 cards. I honestly hope they eventually make each card either unique or no more than 2 copies of the same card per deck.

Green is still the red headed step child of this game. I tried to deny it, but after playing it, the walker and her cards are lackluster when confronting either blue or black, and are shabby in comparison to white.

That said, had a ton of fun playing. Each game gets better as I become acquainted with the spell cards.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I played a couple games at FFG game center last night.

The notable part was that I crossed the streams. I added 300 points of heroscape units to each side (all units counted as the color of the Planeswalker summoning them) for 800 points total per player.
Also did some deck building beyond what the rules say (24 cards, 400 points chosen from a pool of 3x cards).

The games went a little long, roughly two hours each. Blue versus white.

I just wanted to say that I think adding the heroscape units made the games quite a bit more fun. If only because I was sick of seeing the same 2 units and 12 cards per 'Pwalker every game.
So Armies were:

500 Points of Planeswalker + AotP Squads
300 Points of Heroscape

?

Did you go for twice the number of Spell cards for variety in what was drawn or because the game was going to be longer?

After this post from quozl I was thinking that an AotP + Scape could be limited by the number of cards available (like only drafting 100 points of Red cards so Chandra was 265 points (165 + 100 Spell 'points').

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
AotP costs them as follows (subtracting 200 points each for their spell decks):

Gideon 150
Jace 140
Liliana 125
Chandra 165
Nissa 130
What about mixing in Mana/Land into the draw decks? Spells could cost 1 Mana per 10 points or something - so you couldn't just drop Spells right away. Glyphs could Add to your Mana Pool (with power glyhs acting like land and Treasure Glyphs like an artifact). It would give the Planeswalkers a reason to take Glyphs.

Summoning could also cost 1 Mana.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:36 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Card deck and army build point totals are separate entities from each other. You don't subtract them from the cost of the Planeswalkers.

I guess if you wanted to use the pwalkers in Heroscape without the cards, but I'm using Heroscape units in arena of the Planeswalkers. A subtle distinction.

We went for doubling the spell deck along with choosing from a pool of 3x cards, just to see how it worked.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There's lots of room to experiment with, which makes this game so exciting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion