Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Competitive Heroscape is not dominated by A+

Actually I'm waiting for him to respond to my last PM.

Update: In an odd twist Dignan just cancelled the offer so I guess the offer is open to anyone else interested.

Otherwise we should go back to the thread topic since it has been sidetracked.

Last edited by Devil's Advocate; May 13th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:24 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Actually I'm waiting for him to respond to my last PM
Yeah, this little charade played out exactly how I imagined it would. DA PM'd me and was changing his offer and the terms. Then he wanted me to send him the gruts off first (another change to the offer) before he PM'd the list of two events (which weren't going to include results or attendees - another change).

It's exactly how DA handles any challenge. He finds a bullsh!t way to back out of something and now he'll blame me for not living up to my end of the bargain.

I proved my point. I'm done here.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The offer wasn't changed. I will provide the info for the Heavies exactly as I stated. It would be stupid for me to do so beforehand and then just hope you follow through.

Here was my original offer:

Quote:
Actually I have offered to list them but X for example refused to provide me with 1x Heavy Grut Squad for each event I could confirm I went to.
As for attendees and results I do not know how to get a list of people who attended other than what is listed in the tournament threads. I do not have a time machine to go back and write down every body's name. I can't imagne every tournament attendee writes down everybody else's name at the event for their own independent record (especially if you are not the Tournament Director or Hosting the Event).

Last edited by Devil's Advocate; May 13th, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The offer wasn't changed. I will provide the info for the Heavies exactly as I stated. It would be stupid for me to do so beforehand and then just hope you follow through.
Dude - you are talking about providing information that most of us post naturally, all of the time on this site. You're not talking about some sort of f#@&ing commodity that you can trade for product. To expect someone to send you out of print, expensive squads on the hope that you'll follow through I think proves to everyone exactly what your game here is - which is to say, trolling, not 'scaping.

If you were a real member here, you'd contribute. That includes things like tournament reports and whatnot. As it is, you're just taking up bandwidth.
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

DA, thank you for proving exactly how full of it you are.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Here was my original offer:

Quote:
Actually I have offered to list them but X for example refused to provide me with 1x Heavy Grut Squad for each event I could confirm I went to.
As for attendees and results I do not know how to get a list of people who attended other than what is listed in the tournament threads. I do not have a time machine to go back and write down every body's name. I can't imagne every tournament attendee writes down everybody else's name at the event for their own independent record (especially if you are not the Tournament Director or Hosting the Event).
It seems hard to imagine that you can't remember basic information: the events, rough time frame, people you played, what army you played, who won,... Changing the deal so that you have to receive the Heavy Gruts before you give the information is ridiculous.

If you want to retain any credibility on this forum, just post the information as you remember it. Man up or just go away.
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
If you want to retain any credibility on this forum....
My bad, I thought we were talking to DA.
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I really like the guy with zero leverage wanting the goods before offering the proof. He thinks that the guy with the leverage is just going to send off the valuable commodity first, before even being able to contact the other attendees to corroborate the story.

My guess is we have someone who has previously been banned (Jason/Stealth Dodge, is that you?). Giving this kind of information would be all the more likely to get them banned again. That or the goods get sent, no valid proof is given, and the guilty party goes and runns oft.
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:35 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm outta this thread, guys. Someone PM me when we start talking about whether or not Q9/Raelin/Rats dominates tourneys again.

Peace!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 13th, 2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Go Dignan!
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Only one thing left to do here...

Old May 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Actually I'm waiting for him to respond to my last PM
Yeah, this little charade played out exactly how I imagined it would. DA PM'd me and was changing his offer and the terms. Then he wanted me to send him the gruts off first (another change to the offer) before he PM'd the list of two events (which weren't going to include results or attendees - another change).

It's exactly how DA handles any challenge. He finds a bullsh!t way to back out of something and now he'll blame me for not living up to my end of the bargain.

I proved my point. I'm done here.
Yes, well, he changed the terms in such a way that he wouldn't have to give away the fact that he's been banned under another user name.

It would have been a much more interesting flame out if he'd chosen to list all the events, giving away who he was and thus leading to his ban, but collecting $100+ worth of Heavy Gruts. *That* would have been interesting.

Oh well, even this way it provided some amusement on a day when the weather is dreary.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It would have been a much more interesting flame out if he'd chosen to list all the events, giving away who he was and thus leading to his ban, but collecting $100+ worth of Heavy Gruts. *That* would have been interesting.
You would think that that would be the obvious move for a guy who says that winning is more important than the respect of one's peers.

The alternative explanation is that he really hasn't been to any events of note, and he'd just be posting about fake events in his basement.

I can't really think of a third possibility that makes sense.

This whole sequence was worth it for the picture of Dignan pimping 36 Heavies. Props to Dignan for having the stones to call DA's bluff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion