Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Marro Stingers

I tried using the search feature for it here, but threads are more than a year old since last post; googled it instead.

Stinger Denial

Stinger Denial Revamped
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Wow!!! ... Stinger Denial is still a topic ... from the day after the MS2 was released to now.... and 51 pages later .

I might as well fan the fire.

*I am still in the minority on this issue and it is still a mystery to me why more Heroscapers don't see this as a strategy move.

*For the record I think it is bad sportsmanship to move someones figures and then call them a bad sport .... crazy.... I will never understand this one.

* What makes this HS rule different than the rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Probably because the rules make this topic a matter of interpretation, and "good sportsmanship".

Edit: I have the utmost respect for Craig, Grungebob, and everyone involved in the design of this great game. But I don't like it when critical thinking is replaced by hero worship. (This is in general, this statement is not directed at you, Dad_Scaper.)
Ugh!

I made my opinion known, and I gave some insight into the design processes, and the spirit in which the game is intended to be played based upon my familiarity with the lead designer and others involved in making it.

The reason I offer my opinion is because I don't like the way the spirit of this particular rule has been manipulated is all.

I would also like to say that I have great respect for guys like Codeman, even though we have differing opinions.
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Easily one my FAVORITE squads. Won many a battles with them.
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:30 PM

LeiaBlaze Woo who?

The text says that if you roll Stinger Drain and fail (as in 1-4) you cannot attack this turn. Does that mean that the Stingers cannot attack, or that you, the player, will be unable to attack with other units for your turn?
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaBlaze View Post
The text says that if you roll Stinger Drain and fail (as in 1-4) you cannot attack this turn. Does that mean that the Stingers cannot attack, or that you, the player, will be unable to attack with other units for your turn?
Both. However, remember that a "turn" is what you do with a single order marker (and so you couldn't have been attacking with anything other than Stingers anyway). The three turns together are a "round". You can attack later in the round on a different turn.
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:29 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I disagree with ollie. Single order markers can have multiple turns.

I believe a player that activates the Stingers through the Marro Hive and fails a stinger drain (1-4) may then attack with the Hive on the same order marker.

EDIT: The context of turn/round however is very important to the distinction of your question @LeiaBlaze . If you you were referring to the remainder of the ROUND, then ollie's response is apt to that context, although it is important to note that they are abilities, most noticeably bonding, that allow multiple turns per order marker.

In short, there are 3 order markers per Round, and each order marker typically has 1 turn, but there are abilities that can give multiple turns per order marker. I believe stinger drain only applies to the stinger's turn within that order marker.
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Oooh, good point, I'd forgotten the Hive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units