Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nintendo may announce successor to the Wii at E3!

Lots of cool rumors are popping up this weekend about Nintendo's possible successor to the Wii!

Here's a roundup of the rumors so far.

Supposedly the new console will be at least as powerful as current gen consoles like the PS3 and Xbox360 and will be able to present HD content.

It's also been said that they are really hammering the importance of third party support this time around, and some studios already have development kits and samples of the hardware now.

Other rumors talk about the controller, which will go back to a more traditional dual analog joystick format, but will spice things up by having a 6" touchscreen imbedded on the face.

Officially, Nintendo "doesn't comment on speculation or rumors".

Old April 17th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Nintendo may announce successor to the Wii at E3!

Your link doesn't go to a rumor roundup. Perhaps you were trying to link to here, on the same site?
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's weird. My link goes to the same place as yours as near as I can tell.

Old April 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

There is SO MUCH that could still be done on the Wii. Namely STAR FOX AND F-ZERO!!!

And what's happening to Skyward sword? Are they moving that to the new console, and focusing more on it there, like they did with TP?

Unless a new Super Smash Bros is announced, I ain't buying it.
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

There is SO MUCH that could still be done on the Wii. Namely STAR FOX AND F-ZERO!!!

And what's happening to Skyward sword? Are they moving that to the new console, and focusing more on it there, like they did with TP?

Well, it's all speculation on my part, but I think Skyward sword will still be a Wii game. Based on the HUD we've seen in the existing Skyward footage, the game seems very much tied to the Wii-mote/nunchuck set up.

Old April 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

Well, it's all speculation on my part, but I think Skyward sword will still be a Wii game. Based on the HUD we've seen in the existing Skyward footage, the game seems very much tied to the Wii-mote/nunchuck set up.
Skyward Sword should be released this year. I imagine Project Cafe won't be released for another two or three years. So Skyward Sword should be safe.

I'm mighty interested in what games will be shown (if any) for Project Cafe at E3 2011. I imagine a Mario platformer will be shown. And, who knows? Maybe we'll see a trailer for Star Fox or F-Zero *cough*Lord Pyre*cough*.

I do believe I read on IGN that it would be backwards compatible with Wii games. Does anybody have an idea of how that would work?
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Skyward Sword should be released this year. I imagine Project Cafe won't be released for another two or three years. So Skyward Sword should be safe.

I'm mighty interested in what games will be shown (if any) for Project Cafe at E3 2011. I imagine a Mario platformer will be shown. And, who knows? Maybe we'll see a trailer for Star Fox or F-Zero *cough*Lord Pyre*cough*.

I do believe I read on IGN that it would be backwards compatible with Wii games. Does anybody have an idea of how that would work?
I'll try to get a source, but I read somewhere this weekend that the controller would have a camera on it, and by placing it above your television, it would act as a sensor bar for the wii games.

EDIT: Here we go. This isn't the one I read yesterday, but it says the same thing. The controller will supposedly have either a camera, a sensor bar, or both.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; April 17th, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'll try to get a source, but I read somewhere this weekend that the controller would have a camera on it, and by placing it above your television, it would act as a sensor bar for the wii games.

EDIT: Here we go. This isn't the one I read yesterday, but it says the same thing. The controller will supposedly have either a camera, a sensor bar, or both.
I probably should have been clearer. How will you control the Wii games? Will the Wiimote sync up with the Wii2?

That was an interesting find, though. I hadn't heard some of that yet.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This reeks of Dreamcast to me, especially the controller. The lackluster sales of the 3DS plus a expensive new console (unless its somehow cheaper than an 360 or PS3), doesn't seem like a successful strategy for Nintendo. Heck, Nintendo hasn't won the 3rd party developer wars since the PS1 came out.

That said, I didn't expect the casual gamer market to explode with the Wii either, so I could easily be wrong.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
This reeks of Dreamcast to me, especially the controller. The lackluster sales of the 3DS plus a expensive new console (unless its somehow cheaper than an 360 or PS3), doesn't seem like a successful strategy for Nintendo. Heck, Nintendo hasn't won the 3rd party developer wars since the PS1 came out.

That said, I didn't expect the casual gamer market to explode with the Wii either, so I could easily be wrong.
I agree with you. Unless Nintendo can get some 3rd party devs to get a games that don't suck entirely, I'm not buying one and will happily stick with my PS3.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

I have to agree with JS here. Nintendo hit a home run with the Wii for many reasons. One being the price was terrific for the casual gamer. Plus parents were more inclined to buy the Wii thinking it will get their kids off the couch. Lastly, you've got the great Super Mario role model that kids still love and no other console has yet to create such an iconic character.

Nintendo might come out with something more powerful, but stronger isn't better as proven by the Wii. It was significantly weaker than it's competition, but still stomped them in sales.

Innovation is the key. What will this machine do that will make people run to the stores to buy? Better graphics? Not good enough. HD? Not good enough. Play DVD's? Not good enough. Fancy controller? Not good enough.

I will stick with the Wii at this point, but will admit I am excited to see just what they have up their sleeves,.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games