Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 29th, 2020, 08:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

Just ordered a copy of the much delayed but now supposedly ready for production soon The Russian Campaign, (formerly Jetco/Avalon Hill back in 1974, now Comsimworld/GMT). This was one of the best of the old hex and chit games, and is reappearing in its Deluxe Fifth Edition, which tells you something. I only played a half of someone else's copy back in the day, but still remember how much fun it was. The design is rated 8.0 on Board Game Geek.

Though those old games are all gone now, and I don't play the type any longer, a pal had recently sent photos of a Hungarian gamer's shelves. He was selling most of his games off, and not seeing anything else among the old games pictured, I thought I'd see about TRC. But by then it had been sold--an original First Edition copy. So the next day I saw GMT in their montlhy update had it on their current P500 list, decided it was Fate, and went ahead to order it.

After all, how often do you wait that many years to finish a game? Since I was playing the Soviets and it was my first play, I got creamed in the first half when the Germans go nuts at the start of Operation Barbarossa in 1941, and never got to play the later campaign, when they make their comeback.

You can see it on BGG. The new version has six scenarios and a long campaign game. Being an old wargame, each takes about two hours supposedly, with the long game clocking in around six hours or so. But some games are worth it--nostalgia, a good game, and the Pandemic--perfect together for an at home solitaire. And both of my visiting pals says they'll try it out too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games