Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Sept. 3rd

Thanks for using Fire vs Ice. Make sure I play on it at least once.
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
Humanities last stand looks fun thematically. It would be especially fun if we use a map with an graveyard/ruins feel.

I think so too, but I am a bit worried about the sheer number of zombies! I don't want too many line of sight blockers. Maybe we should custom create a map for this one... with a set of "ruins" forming a defensible house... and a few trees on the far side of the map indicating that the zombies are coming from the woods. If we use the Marvel wall for part of the "house" the ranged humans could easily boost their power by shooting from upstairs.

Thoughts?

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkidu View Post
Humanities last stand looks fun thematically. It would be especially fun if we use a map with an graveyard/ruins feel.

I think so too, but I am a bit worried about the sheer number of zombies! I don't want too many line of sight blockers. Maybe we should custom create a map for this one... with a set of "ruins" forming a defensible house... and a few trees on the far side of the map indicating that the zombies are coming from the woods. If we use the Marvel wall for part of the "house" the ranged humans could easily boost their power by shooting from upstairs.

Thoughts?
You'll need a castle piece or two so they can get the the top of the wall, and give the Zombies a chance to attack them too. Other than that,
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zombies are *Extremely* fun to play on Arboretum. (Picture in my sig) And the map kind of has the theme of "Humanity being pushed back by wilderness." Maybe you could try it out?

Also, Dignan's Guardian seems like a great choice for Good-vs-Evil robots, IMO.
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Zombies are *Extremely* fun to play on Arboretum. (Picture in my sig) And the map kind of has the theme of "Humanity being pushed back by wilderness." Maybe you could try it out?

Whoa! All those roads would turn zombies into super fast nightmares! Would humanity stand a chance?

Old August 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM

I just dug a suggestion out of the other thread... from MS...

Drow:
Pelloth
Estirivia
Drow Warriors x4

Elves:
Ulginesh
Emirroon
Arkmer
Jorhdawn
Morsbane

Thoughts? It definitely lets two armies to the table that don't often see the light of day! (which is probably painful to the Drow)

Old August 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Also.. in the first thread I had a match-up for Sentinels VS Minions that even i am bored thinking about now!

Basically it was 4x of each.

Hammer hammer smash, someone won.

This one is no longer under serious consideration.

Old August 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Just posted in OP!

Match-up #8

Fyorlag Spidersx3 120
Wyvernx3 420
Estivara 500

VS

Tor-Kul-Na 220
Su-Bak-Na 380
Marrden Nagrubs x4 500

I am really excited about this one! Rumor has it that stompy HATES spiders!

Old August 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post

Whoa! All those roads would turn zombies into super fast nightmares! Would humanity stand a chance?
Yeah ... anything with water, canyons, bridges, and similar blocking or bottle-necking terrain will slow the zombies. Adding in lots of varied height, which would make it difficult to use the "onslaught" special, would also make it tougher on the shamblers.

Zombies + road + flat, open terrain = undead road rage.

It all depends on how you want to tilt the game.

I like your map, Robber!

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
The dwarf army will win easy unless the d20 is really hot. Braxas's defense will mean quick death against 4-5 attacks of 4-5 dice and once he's gone, the greenscales will die very fast.

I know this is a really old reply... but...

I remember a play test I did once with dwarves VS braxas and the RATS!!! Braxas toasted the Dwarves so badly that for a long time I could not look them in the face without being ashamed for them!

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
The dwarf army will win easy unless the d20 is really hot. Braxas's defense will mean quick death against 4-5 attacks of 4-5 dice and once he's gone, the greenscales will die very fast.

I know this is a really old reply... but...

I remember a play test I did once with dwarves VS braxas and the RATS!!! Braxas toasted the Dwarves so badly that for a long time I could not look them in the face without being ashamed for them!
That's a whole different matter. Rats murder pretty much any melee army

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arboretum looks like it takes up a lot of space.

Elves vs Drow looks like fun (I'm a big fan of the theme behind Pelloth's SA).

We'll need at least one extra map/match-up so we can avoid repeat battles.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events