Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 12th, 2020, 04:59 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Battle Reports

Last week was our 12th game of C3G Heroscape. Like every game, we add 5 units to our list of available C3G units. We got some really cool units this week. We added Batman (Terry McGinnis) Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), Sabretooth, MODOK, and Professor Zoom. Player 2 won the game last week and picked Godzilla. Player 2 surprised me by ordering the figure on Amazon and mailing it to my house. My son got the package and opened it. He gave me a weird look and said, ”Dad, why did you get a Godzilla figure?” I cracked up laughing. It was quite a surprise, and a great gift.

I ended up having a total of 3 players for this game. We played on a triangular board of my own design. I built the board completely out of Swamp Tiles and Dungeon Tiles. The center was flat with huge mountains on the sides. (See Below)

The army size was 1200pts. There was lots of “Green” figures in this game. Just by luck of the draw, I got 2 Green Lantern units. Guy Gardner was new this week, so I was able to pick him as well. Below is what we played:

Gamerhusband “Player 1”

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 350
Green Lantern (Kilowog) 310
Green Lantern (Guy Gardiner) 320
Nightcrawler (I) 140
Chronos 75

Player 2

Thanos (Hasbro) 360
Wolvenine 280
Swamp Thing 235
Bob, Agent of Hydra 25
Sabretooth 290

Player 3

The Riddler (I)140
Wonder Woman (I) 300
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) 300
Green Arrow (I) 150
Magneto (I) 310

Game Play Summary:

The game starts with all players moving out pieces for position. Thanos comes out right away (of course) to rule the center of the map. Green Arrow moves out onto the board as well as Nightcrawler. Chronos goes ahead and places a Temporal Displacement glyph on the board. Sabretooth also enters the game. There are a few attacks between the three of us. Wonder Woman then enters the game with a big move. She is able to “Golden Lasso” Sabretooth and lands two wounds. Player 3 also gets Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) next to Wonder Woman. Nightcrawler and Thanos are been exchanging blows when, Thanos break engagement as goes to Sabretooth’s rescue. Thanos engages Wonder Woman and breaks the “Golden Lasso” on Sabretooth. The opening rounds end with Sabretooth killing Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern Kyle Rayner killing Sabretooth.

With the opening battles resolved, I have yet to move any of my Green Lanterns. I start to burn off Kilwog’s Battery Markers to boost Hal and Guy to their maximum levels. Incase you guys need a refresher, here is what I got Guy Gardner’s stats to. Move 11, Range 7, Attach 9, Defense 8. With one super move I was able to move and attack Player 2’s start zone with Guy's boosted range. I dumped a massive roll of skulls on Wolverine, almost killing him. Next I used “Willful Overextend” and attacked again killing Wolverine. Lets just say Player 2 was not happy. We all kind of self doubted what just happened, everyone started reading Kilwog and Guy’s card to make sure the attack was legal. Next in a surprise move by Player 3, he takes a turn with The Riddler, and uses “Riddle Me This” on me. I fail to find the X. I lose my 2 and 3 markers on Guy Gardner. What a shut down! Then Player 2 and Player 3 go right after Kilwog and kill him. This knocks Guy down to size.

The next few round clam down a bit. I use Guy Gardner to go after the Riddler, but he gets caught up with a few big hits from Thanos and in a few turns is down 2 battery markers. Guy ends up going after a weakend Green Arrow and kills him. (See Below)

Guy is finally free to attack the Riddler, which he does and destroy’s him with ease. Magneto ends up being the death of Guy. He tosses him a few times and has to take the wounds from being tossed. The battery markers can only be used if skulls are rolled. Suck! Thanos then flies over and finishes off Nightcrawler.

We now enter the end game. Hal really shined for me in the end. He still had all 4 of his Battery Markers, and no wounds. I was able to finish off Swamp Thing and Bob. Meanwhile Player 2 sneaks over and kills Chronos. I then move back to the middle with Hal and finish off Magneto who only had a single wound left. I then fly up and kill Kyle Raynor. This game now comes to the final battle of Hal Jordan and Thanos. Hal is successful and I get the win. I had all 4 battery markers, but 3 wounds.

Game Awards:

Hero: The Riddler
Yes, that is right, The Riddler. He absolutely shined at the absolute most important moment in this game! He stops Green Lantern Guy Gardener dead in his tracks. "Riddle Me This" took away Guy's turn 2 and turn 3 order markers while he was at his height of power. This allowed Player 2 and Player 3 to destroy Killwog, thus decreasing Guy's enormous power. If The Riddler had faltered, Player 2 would of lost Swamp Thing as well. Guy would of also been able to protect Kilowog.

Zero: Wolvernine
For such a great and effective unit, he did not even see a single turn in this game. Killed by Green Lantern Guy Garder in a single turn while he was still parked in his staring space.

Splash Page Moment: Guy Gardner Rockets Across the Board and Attacks!!
Guy charges across and board and completely catches Player 2 off guard. Wolvernine is destroyed in the process. I can see a huge image of Guy glowing all green with his power ring on, rocketing across the page shouting “In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might. Beware my power –GREEN LANTERN’S LIGHT!!!!! The result: Green Power Ring 1, Adamantium 0.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old November 12th, 2020, 05:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Guy is a fantastic torpedo. I've had plenty of games where I fly him across the board and wound him for the overextend to kill a figure or two in the first round. Lots of fun.

Riddler is great too. Most of my games are solo-scape so he's obviously not the best choice for that.
Old November 12th, 2020, 05:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Kilowog is still one of my favorite LDs.
Old November 12th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Kilowog-boosted GLs are brutal and a very fun army. Cool to see Riddler in action!
Old November 12th, 2020, 08:03 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool map and epic match! That was nice of Thanos, Sabretooth got to enjoy his revenge.
Old November 12th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Kilowog-boosted GLs are brutal and a very fun army. Cool to see Riddler in action!
Yeah, when I looked at the armies and saw Kilowog with Guy and Hal, I predicted the winner right there. That's a pretty nasty synergy in any game, but even more so when the opposing armies are low synergy!

Auto-wounds are the bane of Green Lanterns, though, so not surprised Magneto kept it close.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 07:24 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Last week was our 13th game of C3G Heroscape. This week we added the following figures into our unit pool: Super Skrull (Kl’rt), Elekra, Lex Luthor (II), SHIELD Agents, and Doctor Light. I won the game last week, so I picked Omega Red to add as well. This was kind of a milestone because this was the first figure added to our unit pool that I helped playtest back almost a decade ago. So now we have a total of 128 units to pick from!

Player 3 was on his honeymoon this week, so he was unable to attend. We ended up having a 2 player game. We played on a triangular board of my own design. I used a lot of concrete and asphalt tiles for this map. I used trees as line of sight blockers. (See Below)

Since there was only two of us, I made the army 1600 points in size. Below is what we played:

Gamerhusband “Player 1”
Omega Red 300
Swamp Thing 235
The Thing 325
Professor Zoom 250
Black Canary 190
Nightcrawler 140
Poison Ivy 165

Player 2
Scarlet Witch 285
Ozymandias 200
Red Skull (Hasbro)
MODOK 360
Darkseid 380
Doctor Light 190

Game Play Summary:

This was a very one sided game. Player 2 shut me down pretty effectively from the very beginning. The combo for Red Skull, Ozymindias, and Scarlet Witch was devastating from the start. Also I think for future 2 player games I am going to make the armies a little bigger. This game just went to fast.

Tp start the game, I thought it would be a good idea to try throwing out Swamp Thing backed up by The Thing. “Clobbern Time” seemed to be a nice power to try and show off. I was hoping Swamp Thing would be kind of weakened, so The Thing's “Clobbern Time” would be more effective. It did not work out. Player 2’s Scarlet Witch really did a number on me. I got both The Thing and Swamp Thing shut down with “Chaos Magic Curse”. Also I kept losing turns to Ozymandias power, “Smartest Man in the World.” I did get Black Canary into the battle, but she only put 1 wound on Scarlet Witch. Then Scarlet Witch goes after Black Canary and rolls all skulls. I end up rolling no shields. The Black Canary falls. Next turn, Player 2 then moves Darkseid into the fray, and he puts a quick end to Swamp Thing. MODOK also moved in and shuts down The Thing. A few turns later Darkseid kills The Thing as well.

It is not looking good for me at all. On top of that I neglected to move Omega Red. He now has 3 wounds from just standing there, due to “Death Factor”. I decide to go after Ozymandias with Professor Zoom in an attempt to slow down Player 2 a little. He is the only unit I have that can reach him. I manage to reach Ozymandias, and land 3 wounds. I now also try to move out with Omega Red. I end up going after Darksied and whiff. Darksied hits Omega Red back for 3 wounds. He ends up only having 1 life left. I roll for Death Factor and get a skull. Omega Red is dead. This was kind of my last hope.

In the closing rounds Zoom was almost able to finish off Ozymindias, but he gets killed by Darkseid. Nightcrawler and Poison Ivy try to take out Scarlet Witch. The last Chaos Cure Marker is placed on Poison Ivy. She does try to take over Scarlet Witch with “Pheromone Seduction 17” but it fails. Nightcrawler is able to attack Scarlet Witch with “Teleporting Barrage Special Attack” which ended up dealing enough wounds to kill her. The game ends with Darkseid killing both Poison Ivy and Nightcrawler.

This game lasted 10 round and I lost a total of 8 turns to Ozymandias. Scarlet Witch Chaos curse shut down all my critical units and made them ineffective. Lets also not forget that Player 2 had Red Skull to ease his order marker placement. I also had squad killers in my army which did not help because there were no squads! Zoom really is not a figure to go 1 on 1 with a Hero, and Omega Red really needs easy kills to offset the “Death Factor.”

Game Awards:

Hero: Ozymandias
This is Ozymandias second Hero award. He ruled the game without mercy. In the end, he took 8 turns away from me. I only fooled him twice. Last time I dealt with him, there were 3 players so “Smartest Man in the World” did not affect me each turn. This game he really proved how effective a unit he is in a competitive setting. I should have gone after him right from the beginning.

Zero: Omega Red
This was not his game. To his credit, I played him poorly. This unit needs to go out hard and fast. He seems to be more of a squad killer as well. He had 3 wounds from “Death Factor” simply because I decided to move out Swamp Thing and The Thing first to go after Scarlet Witch. I thought he would start to work once he attacked Darkseid, but he whiffed. It also did not help that Darksied punched him for 3 wounds. Being killed by his own “Death Factor” was a nice way to leave a C3G Heroscape game and get a Zero Award.

Splash Page Moment: Red Omega Red Entangles Himself
What can I say, what else would getting killed by your own power look like. Darkseid and Scarlet Witch just stand there and laugh as Omega Red basically trips over his own tentacles and stranglers himself while uttering Russian curse words.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old November 18th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah that’s a nasty enemy army. It’s both a better paper army (internal synergy and efficiency) and a much better scissors army (disruption) than the hodgepodge you fielded.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 08:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, as soon as I read those builds I knew you were toast.
Old November 19th, 2020, 11:05 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Love the write-ups! Glad you're having fun with friends.
Old November 19th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I read @CharosInCharge thank @GamerHusband for his help playtesting Beyonder.
I've really been wanting to read 1v2 battles of Beyonder vs two 1250 armies, and I hope you do that one of these days.
Two teams who must overcome that which divides them to defeat a common enemy.
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Omega Red is awesome - I learned the hard way to loathe seeing him on the other side of the battlefield under my Mum's command. Professor X, Omega Red, Deadpool, Black King and Angel was a favourite army of hers for a while, and hellish to face. Two healing, double attacking monsters coming at you at the same time is almost impossible to stop. Add Angel for movement and Black King's Investment markers for when you need a boost to crack something big...

Omega Red is awesome as long as you keep using him - that horrific stat-line and the fact that he can life drain more than make up for his Death Factor. Bastard to actually drop.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy