Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 17th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Any figure in mind here @Tornado ? Going to possibly play near Halloween and would love to fill my army with Lycanthropes!
I think there's a gray werewolf in the Amazing Spider-Man Heroclix set that might be close enough to white.
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:19 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Any figure in mind here @Tornado ? Going to possibly play near Halloween and would love to fill my army with Lycanthropes!
I think there's a gray werewolf in the Amazing Spider-Man Heroclix set that might be close enough to white.
Yea I have two of those. I'm thinking ill paint one as Capwolf and the use the other as WW.
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That warms my heart Lobs.

Pretty much any werewolf would work, painted white. If you can find one with shorts, that would be ideal.

I posted another lycanthrope, Judge Prager, recently. He is still rather ruff around the edges.
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Just a c-list Marvel villain I thought looked cool on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Turned out that he seemed to be pretty strong.

Quote:

NAME = THE GRIFFIN
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHNNY HORTON
Hmm. I'm only a little familiar with Griffin since I usually only see him pop up as a line-up filler or a side-quest kinda deal (like the way he shows up in EMH). I think the adaptation power would read a little more smoothly if it worked the other way around; put low stats on the card and have him gain markers that add to his stats.

EDIT: Also, I think straight Whirlwind Attack and Tail Whip gives him a lot of offensive utility, especially with good stats and Criminal synergies, so I'm not sure I'd go in for the shield subtraction.
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:31 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Just a c-list Marvel villain I thought looked cool on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Turned out that he seemed to be pretty strong.

Quote:

NAME = THE GRIFFIN
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHNNY HORTON
Hmm. I'm only a little familiar with Griffin since I usually only see him pop up as a line-up filler or a side-quest kinda deal (like the way he shows up in EMH). I think the adaptation power would read a little more smoothly if it worked the other way around; put low stats on the card and have him gain markers that add to his stats.

EDIT: Also, I think straight Whirlwind Attack and Tail Whip gives him a lot of offensive utility, especially with good stats and Criminal synergies, so I'm not sure I'd go in for the shield subtraction.
I was going to go that route with his adaptation, but I thought it was a bit too "Doomsday". I think that this way feels a bit more like going super-saiyan. You're probably right on the defense subtraction though.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Nitro.
The figure used is Nitro #025 Marvel Chaos War Marvel Heroclix
Name = Nitro
Secret Identity = Robert Hunter
Species = Mutate
Uniqueness = Unique Hero
Class = Assassin
Personality = Destructive

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200?

Mutant Growth Hormones
Before rolling initiative each round, you may place an Orange Explosion Marker on this card. Before taking a turn with Nitro, once per round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and place another Orange Explosion Marker on this card. Nitro may never have more than 3 Orange Explosion Markers on his card at one time.

Explosion Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 2+(3+?) Special.
Nitro may only use Explosion Special Attack when there is at least 1 Explosion Marker on this card. All figures within “X” spaces of Nitro are affected by this Special Attack, where “X” is equal to the number of Explosion Markers on this card. Add 1 to the Attack for each Explosion Marker on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. After using Explosion Special Attack remove all Explosion Markers from this card.

Reconstitute
If there are no Explosion Markers on this card, Nitro may not take any turns and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

Bio
Is this the most recent version? Would love to see him get done someday.

I'm not sure how to elegantly word it but I had an idea long ago for a spreading explosion like attack. Basically it boiled down to Roll X dice for all figures adacent (aka on space)...and then you take all the skulls and re-roll them for the figures adjacent to them (aka 2 spaces away) etc..

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Here's where I'm at right now.

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERIOR SENSES 10
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 10 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man has the secret identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card. Spider-Man may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base. Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number for each figure he is engaged with. After Spider-Man attacks, if he did not roll any blanks, he may attack again. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH
I LOVE the way this is looking right now! My only suggestion is this: I'd make it Superiority Complex something like this:
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man has the secret identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card. Spider-Man may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base. Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number if he is engaged with more than one figure. For each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, he may attack one additional time. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

After re-reading Superior Senses, I'd make one small tweak there too. I'd change the following sentence, "Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote." to "Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, and 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote."
Let's wait until voting is over before we make any more changes.
Well since voting happened I guess now would be a good time to go back and revisit this...I still think he'd be fun to play and I like Spidey's comments to tame him a bit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:08 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERIOR SENSES 10
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 10 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man has the secret identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card. Spider-Man may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base. Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number for each figure he is engaged with. After Spider-Man attacks, if he did not roll any blanks, he may attack again. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH
I LOVE the way this is looking right now! My only suggestion is this: I'd make it Superiority Complex something like this:
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man has the secret identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card. Spider-Man may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base. Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number if he is engaged with more than one figure. For each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, he may attack one additional time. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

After re-reading Superior Senses, I'd make one small tweak there too. I'd change the following sentence, "Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote." to "Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, and 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote."
Well since voting happened I guess now would be a good time to go back and revisit this...I still think he'd be fun to play and I like Spidey's comments to tame him a bit.
I'd be willing to do one of those nerfs or the other. With the symbiote weakness stacking on top of the normal subtraction, a single symbiote and any old squad of cannon fodder could destroy this guy. I'd be okay with that if he had the ability to be an effective glass cannon when cornered, but if he only gets a +1, no thank you!

Edit: And I would want to lower the symbiote penalty, since the way you have it would require him to roll a 20 if he wanted to hit his senses roll while surrounded by 5 goons and 1 symbiote.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:50 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERIOR SENSES 10

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

WEB SWING 2

SUPER STRENGTH
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

I'd be willing to do one of those nerfs or the other. With the symbiote weakness stacking on top of the normal subtraction, a single symbiote and any old squad of cannon fodder could destroy this guy. I'd be okay with that if he had the ability to be an effective glass cannon when cornered, but if he only gets a +1, no thank you!

Edit: And I would want to lower the symbiote penalty, since the way you have it would require him to roll a 20 if he wanted to hit his senses roll while surrounded by 5 goons and 1 symbiote.
I'm fine with reducing the symbiote penalty but if you let yourself get surrounded by 6 figures...well, that's more of a you issue than a weakness of design.

As for one or both of the nerfs...that's why I brought it up so it can be discussed and workshopped...

Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:55 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Is this the most recent version? Would love to see him get done someday.

I'm not sure how to elegantly word it but I had an idea long ago for a spreading explosion like attack. Basically it boiled down to Roll X dice for all figures adacent (aka on space)...and then you take all the skulls and re-roll them for the figures adjacent to them (aka 2 spaces away) etc..
That mechanic does sound like a lot of fun, I think I do like what is here for Nitro though. I've played him in a game with friends and I had a blast (pun intended) even though I blew up 4 of my hired guns.
I could see removing the XOM mechanic, however, to minimize text. I kinda like waiting to get in the biggest explosion possible.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 12:32 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I’d suggest the first tweak over the second, @laughing matter

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old October 22nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
I’d suggest the first tweak over the second, @laughing matter
Which one exactly? Use the Superior Senses tweak and not the Superiority Complex tweak?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy