Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
A Marvelous Eternity--2/17/09

Greetings all! Hope you are enjoying the story. Here is my table of contents.

Prologue

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2-1: A Warm Welcome Home

Chapter 2-2

Future Sneak Peeks

My lady! he exclaimed. What are you doing here? She turned to look at him as only she could. I need you to do something for me she said coldly...

...Cold. Bitter. In spite of his massive intellectual abilities, he could only summon these words and other synonyms as he trudged with the exploration party...

...His anger rose up sharply this time, unchecked by the sweet-talking General. As he leaped, he gathered the energy, and falling back toward the ground, he unleashed it at the man he hated the most in the group...

...Pain. He was hurting badly and felt the need to heal his wounds. Summoning his strength, he called on the cosmic energy, as he had done so often. Yet, even as he tried, he felt a barrier. Rest now, I have healed you. The calming voice drifted in his mind as he tried to rouse himself from the realms of unconsciousness.Healed? Why in the hell does it still hurt?...

...Exhilarated, he thrust his fists in the air and shouted at the top of his lungs. He now knew what he needed and nothing would stop him from accomplishing all that she had asked. I am coming my Lady he thought to himself with a grim grin, And we will finally share a marvelous eternity together...

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Last edited by EternalThanos86; February 17th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM

Shermif knows what's in an order marker Shermif knows what's in an order marker
Re: A Marvelous Eternity

Very good. Can't wait!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully this is the start of a sort of Fan-verse!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:31 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully this is the start of a sort of Fan-verse!

Hmmm... Maybe I can start up my Spider-man stories, again and do a multi-universe thing. Some how get the 2 universes to interconnect.

By the way, ET86, I am looking forward to this story. Can't wait for more.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
A Marvelous Eternity--Prologue

Quote:
In the darkness, a Specter waited. She was late. Which would have been funny, maybe, if this wasn’t someone very serious indeed he was thinking about. To be put in charge of an entire system of multiverses was a huge honor, one She fully deserved.
He absentmindedly jiggled the hourglass he held in his hand, watching the tiny blue and bronze man bounce around. The paperwork had not been fun.
His thoughts turned to the Kyrie he’d been watching. Kelda. He’d bothered to learn her name. And even used the feminine pronoun when he thought about her. Which was often. Maybe he was getting too involved…no, just professional curiosity. But those other two…that was troubling. He was still wondering how to file the child once it was born when She came.
AH, LADY DEATH, He said, bowing slightly. Even in the infinite void of the In-Between, His voice echoed like requiem bell and hissed like the chiseling of tombstones. YOU HAVE COME FOR ONE OF YOURS?
I have, She replied. Lady Death was important enough to look differently than most other Finalities. Her face was a skeleton’s face, but it still was able to express extreme annoyance at being somewhere she didn’t want to be. The Spectre preferred the faceless terror look, but there was no accounting for taste. Her voice was significantly different, as well. It had a quieter edge, but no less forceful than His own.
IT IS HERE, He said, holding out the hourglass. YOU HAVE THE PAPERWORK?
Dash the paperwork, Lady Death said, gently taking the hourglass. A nuisance, nothing more.
JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS, He replied, heaving a sigh like a man’s dying breath or the whispering of a chill wind. I CAN’T MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE; NOT ONE LIKE THIS. I’LL BE FIRED FOR SURE, THIS TIME.
Bah. Here. Not for Them. For you.
Lady Death waved a hand and a neat stack of paper materialized in front of her. The Specter took the papers and examined them. Black ink on black paper. Classy.
SEEMS TO BE IN ORDER, He said, stuffing the papers into the shadows of his robe. WITH THAT, I MUST BID YOU FAREWELL.
Goodbye, Lady Death said dismissively. She turned and stroked the hourglass globe lovingly. Soon we will be together, my love, He heard Her say just before She left.
An involuntary shiver ran down the Specter’s metaphorical spine.
TALKING ABOUT GETTING INVOLVED… He shook his head and left the In-Between himself, muttering, BACK TO THE NINE-TO-FIVE.

Prologue

® Razor's Edge Collectibles

Darkness. Emptiness. The soundless void filled him to the very core of what soul he had not augmented for his own power. No sensation, no thought, nothing but absolute nothingness. Thanos was suspended in the hourglass of the In-Between, awaiting his reunion with Lady Death.
Such a wondrous work of destruction, she thought to herself as her pure white eyes stared at the Mad Titan, knowing that he would do anything at her command. What a pitiful fool!
As she returned the hourglass to its stand, she brushed aside her jet black hair. Moving gracefully the black-cloaked woman paused before leaving the realm. Looking back at Thanos, her anger at him smoldered once again. His failure in the land of Valhalla was pitiful, and she deemed him unworthy of a reunion with her. Glancing down at her thin, curvy figure, she racked her brain for a time when the Titan Eternal had done anything right. As much as she wanted to get rid of him for good, she could not. That stupid grin and his soft words always broke through her defenses.
Rising from her thoughts, she reached her hand out to the hourglass. A thin beam of white light emanated from her pale hand. The light shimmered over the hourglass, as if alive. It swayed and pulsed, growing intensely. A small crack formed on the surface of the hourglass. Inside, Thanos was writhing. He looked to be in the middle of punching an unseen enemy when suddenly, his body was racked by spasms. Thanos clutched his stomach and muttered unintelligibly. All around the hourglass, the light continued to grow, forcing Lady Death to avert her face.
With a loud shattering, the hourglass was broken and the soul of Thanos expanded to fill his space in the room. Clothed with nothing but a long, black cloak, he looked every bit like the Master of Death. Turning towards his rescuer, he fell down to one knee and bowed his head.
My lady, I am yours forever to serve and love.
You have failed me yet again, my love.
With a cry of anguish, Thanos unleashed cosmic energy in all directions, a glowing sphere of power that washed over the entire room. Lady Death watched indifferently, slowly lifting her hand in the air. She snapped her fingers together. The room went dark, as if a switch had been turned off. Thanos lay gasping for breath on the floor.
My love, you must return to your home. Titan has once again overgrown itself. At your last failure, you left one hundred survivors, and now they have repopulated the moon planet.
Must I leave so soo-
YES! And do not fail me again. My love for you is strong, but my patience is not!
When will I see you again, my Lady?
Not long. I promise.

Chapter 1- A New Beginning

Death... is akin to lovemaking. It gets better every time.

Exiting the Sanctuary II, Thanos surveys the planet he once considered home. With its beautiful, snow-capped peaks and deep purple atmosphere, the planet buzzed with life and activity. The planet had several major cities which were distinguishable through the haze. A serene aura radiated from the planet, yet such tranquility angered Thanos intensely.
His red-hot passion for destruction had been awakened the moment his soul was returned to his resurrected body. Now, seeing Titan, he felt it grow from a burning fire into an inferno. Lady Death’s words of warning echoed in his ears. He would not leave any survivors this time...

Quote:
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: A Marvelous Eternity--1/15/09

Haha, this is awesome. A perfect continuation of the scene from HaMT. Though I see I got some of the details about Lady Death incorrect. Is the rest of the story going to take place on Titan?
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Though I see I got some of the details about Lady Death incorrect.
Like what? I thought you did a pretty decent job.

Quote:
Is the rest of the story going to take place on Titan?
Hmm...I wonder. You might have to check the "teaser" post again.

Glad you enjoyed it.
~ET86

Quote:
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Though I see I got some of the details about Lady Death incorrect.
Like what? I thought you did a pretty decent job.
Well, like I thought Lady Death's face had been a skeleton face, not the pale vision I found out now she actually is. And I got her personality a bit wrong, too, I think. Oh, well, Author Appeal, I guess. I never claimed to be a Marvel expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Is the rest of the story going to take place on Titan?
Hmm...I wonder. You might have to check the "teaser" post again.

Glad you enjoyed it.
~ET86
Oh, duh. I need to get some sleep.
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

This is good ET86. I don't know very much about Thanos (in fact, I didn't even know he existed until I got my Marvel set), but I am definately waiting for more.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Re: A Marvelous Eternity--1/19/09

Chapter 1- A New Beginning

Death... is akin to lovemaking. It gets better every time.

Exiting the Sanctuary II, Thanos surveys the planet he once considered home. With its beautiful, snow-capped peaks and deep purple atmosphere, the planet buzzed with life and activity. The planet had several major cities which were distinguishable through the haze. A serene aura radiated from the planet, yet such tranquility angered Thanos intensely.
His red-hot passion for destruction had been awakened the moment his soul was returned to his resurrected body. Now, seeing Titan, he felt it grow from a burning fire into an inferno. Lady Death’s words of warning echoed in his ears. He would not leave any survivors this time...

All rights reserved

As he flew down to the dim gray surface, a faint trickle of sunlight touched upon the surface. The small amount of sun-driven energy barely warmed the surface of Titan, but it was enough for the Eternals to survive. With superhuman strength and an array of survival abilities, the race of Eternals flourished on the harsh planet. On any day, a human would bow before the strength, stamina, and overall durability of an Eternal from Titan.
Nearing the bleak surface, Thanos chose a spot outside of the city to land. A loud boom echoed across the landscape as Thanos surpassed the speed of sound. At the last moment before landing, he realized that he was about to land on some unnatural formation. He heard a shriek before he hit the surface hard, causing a large crater and throwing up clouds of gray dust.
Rising from the falling ashes of his arrival, Thanos slowly climbed out of the crater.
Young couples, he muttered to himself at seeing the remains of a land vehicle. As he started toward the city, he stopped when he felt the psionic shimmer of a nearby Eternal. Turning around, he followed his augmented mind to find its source. Who is so bold that they would dare see me land? Thanos spat. No one seems Death until the moment it arrives, and I have not yet chosen to arrive!
As he trekked around the crater, a large boulder stood in the way of his mental tracking. Just as he was about to leap over the 50 foot high stone, it began to shake. Puzzling, Thanos watched as the boulder resonated with energy, lifting the immense rock off the ground. Fascinated by the new experience, Thanos took a step forward. As he studied the formation, looking from top to bottom, a glimmer of light caught his eye. In the split second before he realized what it was, the boulder flew straight at Thanos.
With a grunt, Thanos took the boulder’s base square in the chest. He was tossed by like a doll trying to stop a train. His body skidded a few feet before coming to a rest, layered in dust.
As his body sat unmoving, two figures approached. Their beauty exuded a spectacular cosmic radiance, filling the surrounding landscape with light.
Ah, the young couple feels I am a threat to their precious Celestials and this puny colony, Thanos thought. He heard the male mutter something about Thanos “alive and probably dangerous,” but he did not care to listen. The blazing light of the beautiful Titanian Eternal couple paled in comparison to the heat of Thanos’ anger. He unleashed himself on the couple, throwing punches armed with cosmic energy and using all of his mental abilities to break the two Eternals down to nothing but a thin pile of molecules. Violent screams and hideous shrieks echoed around the crater as the couple, who were no match for the ultra-powerful Thanos, lost their lives. Drawing from their mental control, Thanos used the excess power to leech life energy and concentrate it on his bodily processes. He healed himself from the brush with the boulder and departed the crater site with what was left of the bodies in a pile the size of an anthill.
So young, so foolish. Apparently, these people do not remember me as they ought to have. I think it is time to celebrate my homecoming.

The streets of the city were just as peaceful as the countryside. The city was a place of community that was built of the finest materials. The buildings rose above the street, resplendent with colorful trim. No advertisements cluttered the walls of the buildings, or the skies for that matter. Those in the city knew where to get what they needed. The city was shaped like a six-pointed star with the colony headquarters at the center. All major streets ended there.
Citizens walking or flew down the streets, attending to their various errands or stopping to talk with friends. The conversations were pleasant and heartfelt. Dressed in the traditional garb of the Eternal colonists, the place was filled with activity, all of which immediately stopped when the Eternals saw Thanos walking down the street. Mothers grabbed their children and fathers attempted to offer protection as Thanos walked by.
A warm welcome home,Thanos smirked. Perhaps they do remember me.
He had reached halfway to the main hall when he was stopped by two powerfully built Eternals. Although they were clearly Protectors of the colony, each still only reached Thanos’ shoulder in height.
Greetings, newcomer. Can we assist you? one of the protectors offered. Dressed in a slightly more decorated uniform, Thanos assumed he was the superior.
They don’t remember me. These idiots are more simple-minded than I thought,Thanos bristled at the thought. Aloud he replied, Greetings, Vice Protector. I have no time for small talk. Escort me to the colony council chambers right now. He finished his sentence by giving the friendliest smile he could muster. The Protector went pale at seeing the crooked smile of the Deviant Eternal.
I’m sorry, sir, but that is not possible. The council is meeting in private today.
Take me there right now you Life-loving watchdog, or I will destroy the entire legion of Protectors.
Are you mad? What kind of Eter—
Before he could finish, Thanos ripped out his voice box and held it before him.
Yes, in fact, I am quite mad. So, do as I say and then use your pitiful skills to earn your voice back.
With that, he returned on his trek toward the central plaza, completely aware of the surrounding citizens’ reactions to his seemingly cruel act. His sense of danger was heightened when he felt the second Protector charge at him with a fist of paralyzing cosmic power. He allowed himself to be hit and feigned falling over. The Protector bound his hands with energy and slowly dragged him toward the council chambers.
You can meet the council, but it will be for a trial! the Protector said angrily.
A free ride,Thanos thought to himself as he felt the Protector, in spite of his strength, struggling with Thanos’ immense weight.
It took nearly a full morning for the Protector to drag the bound and seemingly unconscious Thanos to the council chamber doors. As they reached their destination, Thanos felt a small trickle of cosmic energy. He nearly laughed aloud at the Protector’s pathetic attempts to “revive” the already conscious captive. Taking his cue, Thanos pretended to wake up.
Now you will see the justice and courtesy that we value on this colony,the Protector gloated. He pushed Thanos through the doors to face the council, who apparently were prepared for his arrival. Looking from face to face, the council members were all young by his standards. He grinned when he saw a picture of Sui-San hanging in the corner.
Alas! A good memory is before me, Thanos said aloud. The council members stared at him, clearly not amused by whatever thoughts had preceded his comment. Feeling the combine power of the colony council probing his mind, Thanos went on the offensive.
It is time for this place to become a colony for another Empire, One that is vastly superior to this ghastly race. I am an ambassador, and I demand that you all submit to my Mistress’ orders.
Come, let us reason together then, if you represent a superior empire. Why should we belong to the one you represent, said the center council member.
This colony is in dire need of a new and diverse Experience. For too long has place been a beacon of Peace and Life. How can one learn from such apathetic pursuits? Never has there been a time when our race has fallen into Ignorance for lack of experience, and the weakness that follows it,Thanos offered.
Pray tell, what new experience do we lack?a female council member replied, seemingly unconvinced.
I offer a transition to a new Way of thinking and being. One which is bound by the rigors of Life or Hope.Having said this, Thanos stepped back and watched as the council members muttered to one another. One member on the edge of the panel stared at Thanos, as if racking his brain.
What nonsense is this from a man already accused of assaulting a Protector? Speak up! Who is this master? the head councilman inquired.
Wait! interrupted the councilman at the end of the panel.
Yes, Alderis. You have something to offer.
This man has been here before. I remember him!
Finally, Thanos thought to himself,Someone remembers.
He is the Destroyer who was written of in the Chamber Histories. He is the one who nearly wiped out the colony before, yet he was born here. He is....his name is....Thanos!
With a gasp, the entire council looked up in shock. Thanos smiled back.
Why have you come back?
You will have to forgive me if I did not simplify my mission and the One whom I represent. It is time that this colony joins those under the jurisdiction of Death.
You are either a fool or have completely lost your mind!
I AM NO FOOL! Thanos shouted, his anger returning again in earnest. Like a sharp knife, Thanos used a small beam of cosmic energy to form a V-shaped object, which he hurled at Alderis. Paralyzing the council members with his psychic mastery, the blade of energy beheaded every council member is one swift pass.
Holding up his hand, Thanos caught the blade. The moment it hit his hand, it transformed into a glowing ball, having taken the energies of the council members. Adding his own power to the mix, he rose from the council chambers and burst through the domed ceiling. Rising high in the air, Thanos reveled in the Death that had already been called down on the council. With a feeling of exhilaration, he threw the power orb at the surface. It hit the ground in the dead center of the city, unleashing a wave of power that spread to the far reaches of the colony. Laughing aloud, Thanos glanced down, only to see several survivors. With a roar, he unleashed a blast of cosmic power on the survivors.

Chapter 2- A Warm Welcome Home

"Make no mistake, I detest these seemingly alturistic actions into which I am forced, just as I detest you and your ilk. You would do well to remember that."

Slowly lowering himself to the ground, he could not help but grin as the smell of Death emanated from the colony. Turning back to the sky, he was about to fly back to his ship, when a roar of bloodlust echoed from behind him. His mental defenses instantly picked up on the living heartbeat of a Titanian Eternal. With his mind, he concentrated on stopping the heart. He could feel it beat faster and faster, reaching the point where he was certain it would burst from overexertion. Distracted by his efforts to kill the Eternal behind him, a Protector leapt in front of him. The Protector raised his arm, palm facing Thanos and a bright light filled his eyes. Behind him, the heart burst and he heard the Eternal scream. Turning his attention to the Protector, he raised his arms to counter the imminent blast.
Whoosh! The next thing he knew, he was tumbling through all time and space toward a familiar location. I have done this before, he thought to himself...

Quote:

Last edited by EternalThanos86; January 19th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Exellent work! I feel sorry for the other Eternals, somehow. You'll have to understand, I don't read any comic hero books, so I may not understand all of what goes on.
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM

Here we go, back to Valhalla! Let's hope Thanos just doesn't kill everybody.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction