Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:02 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Dumutef Guard

The Book of Dumutef Guard
Road to the Forgotten Forest -
Road, Tree and Bridge Pack with Guard

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Originally trained as sentries on their home planet of Feylund, the Fiantooth now serve Utgar on Valhalla as guards. Utgar uses them to protect several roads and bridges that lead to the important wellsprings in the Forgotten Forest because of their unrivaled reputation. They are relentless guards that are most powerful on roads and bridges. Devourers always seek to fight with the them as a Devourer’s attack is more powerful when they are adjacent to any Dumutef Guard. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- MOVEMENT : Receiving Road Bonus When Starting on One Road Tile
If a double space figure has only the leading hex on the road at the start of its turn, but stays on the road the rest of its turn, can it get the +3 road bonus?
No, your entire move (including both starting hexes for double spaced figures) must be on the road. The trailing hex started its move on a terrain tile that was not road. (Hasbro FAQ)

- ROAD STRENGTH : Receiving Bonus With Only One Hex on Road Tile
If Dumutef Guard, (being a double-spaced figure), only has one hex on a road tile, does he still receive the Road Strength bonus?
Yes. Per the card, as long as Dumutef Guard is “on a road space”, he will receive the bonus. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, Dumutef Guard may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

- DEATH KNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As a large hero with "Relentless" personality, the Dumutef Guard may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

- WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
As a guard, Dumutef Guard may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- DEVOURER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT : Devourer Units
* Anubian Wolves
* Marcu Esenwein
* Rechets of Bogdan
* Shades of Bleakewoode
note: this benefit "stacks;" i.e., if you have more than one Dumutef Guard adjacent to a devourer, each guard adds one additional attack die.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Dumutef Guard- With new, better filler units, the Dumutef’s play and usefulness will only become worse with time. C

OEAO: C+

Cleon: Tier 4 (157/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C+

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Dumutef Guard

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: vc added
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I use him in my offensive Utgar army to pump up my devourers: Wolves, Shades.

My team is:

395pt.

Khosumet
Wolves
Krug
Dumutef
Shades

I think it is very good, athough it is made up of everybody's least favorite units (except for Krug).
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I tried a 400 point army of 3 x Shades and 4 x Dumutef Guards.
It didn't work very well, though.
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:14 PM

chrono has disabled reputation
i,ve never tried it but what if you had 500 pts worth of dumteff in one battle. im not really sure but it sounds like a heck of a swarm army

of course i dont play with order markers it could just be me

real men kill other men with tea cups
Old June 16th, 2007, 05:02 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono
i,ve never tried it but what if you had 500 pts worth of dumteff in one battle. im not really sure but it sounds like a heck of a swarm army

of course i dont play with order markers it could just be me
You would need a 40 space starting zone, and not many maps have that.
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Dumetef die too easily nearly every time I use them.
Keeping them protected and around an opponent's destination/goal may extend their usefulness.
Field a bunch of Fiantooths on the ground level of a castle scenario - one in which, behind the castle door, is an expansive foundation of road spaces.
As the enemy enters the castle (IF he succeeds in getting past the door), send up a Dumetef (with a flexible movment of 9 spaces within the castle) to pat them on the back with a swipe of the paw.
If there is a road leading out, 9 spaces can also extend the welcome outside for a Dumetef bumrush.
Might be nice to have some Shades handy to fly out to get the attack bonus and be able to retreat away if the Dumetef fails to hold his ground.

As well, their large-sized status protects them somewhat from many abilities.
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM

chrono has disabled reputation
yeah your right but maybe we could bring it dow to 300 pts

real men kill other men with tea cups
Old June 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
That would fill up a standard 24 hex starting zone, but could be done.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the results of the Jotun vs. nine Dumutefs battle (225 points each side).
Old June 20th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:

I'm still waiting for someone to post the results of the Jotun vs. nine Dumutefs battle (225 points each side).
I think I'll give this a try this weekend or next. It shouldn't be too long of a battle, so I'll try it a few times. I'll take the Guards one game and then alternate with Jr Agent Minivann. Hopefully that will give a pretty good idea of the outcome. I'll report back here and in the unit effectiveness thread.
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:34 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:

Sadly, I only have 8
I have 2! I only plan on getting one more - 3 of each is my rule (but there are exceptions)!
Whenever i play a game with Dumutef i find it hard to bring him into battle whilst trying to fight/defend with other characters.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Dumutefs are good for castle assault as well. I just played a Castle game with an army that included 8 Dumutefs, 5 squads of Wolves and Khosumet. With road outside the door and Khosumet adjacent, Dumutefs were rolling 6 attack against the door--with only 1 automatic shield because of largeness.

Sad to say, the door didn't get destroyed before I had Minions over and in anyway, but I came closer than we ever had--8 hits on the door in 5 or 6 attempts.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:31 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't know even on completely path battlefield he's not too good, yes I know thats a little weird, but me and my brother did this yesturday. On path with Wolves two attacks from Warriors of Ashra managed to kill both of the Dumutef Guards. According to records I have kept, the Dumutef has never won a game that I have played with him/against him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units