Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 7th, 2024, 03:35 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MARS D.C. Winter Classic - January 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I am confirmed as well as my son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy View Post
CJ is a go! See y'all next Sunday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Bill is coming too. Look at all these people!
No kidding! Excited for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Looks like we'll need some more maps!

I can being Tobasco, King in the North, and Raodor.
Indeed it does I'll start adding to the pool in the next few days. And thanks for bringing those maps!
Old January 7th, 2024, 05:06 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Me, Mr migraine, and nicktheant are coming!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 7th, 2024, 06:51 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_of_Sandwich View Post
Quote:

Indeed it does I'll start adding to the pool in the next few days. And thanks for bringing those maps!
If you’re looking for maps I’ll shamelessly plug my map thread!
Old January 7th, 2024, 07:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Cool, I won’t be the most senior Scaper there!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 8th, 2024, 01:31 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

1. Disc golf

It looks like we'll have sunny skies and about 40 degrees late Sunday morning. Disc golf players meet at 10:00 at Calvert Road Disc Golf Course. We'll have at least four, including my friend Alison who will be playing for her first time. It's a beginner friendly course, so please don't be shy. Let me know if you can make it.

2. Can I proxy [x] with [y], if it's comparable?

Thanks!

= =
Old January 8th, 2024, 04:54 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Quote:

If you’re looking for maps I’ll shamelessly plug my map thread!
Nice! I've added "Frostclaw Citadel" to our slate of maps I saw it got used up in Massachusetts last weekend and it really caught my eye. Excited to give it a whirl!
Old January 8th, 2024, 04:59 PM

Quote:
1. Disc golf

It looks like we'll have sunny skies and about 40 degrees late Sunday morning. Disc golf players meet at 10:00 at Calvert Road Disc Golf Course. We'll have at least four, including my friend Alison who will be playing for her first time. It's a beginner friendly course, so please don't be shy. Let me know if you can make it.

2. Can I proxy [x] with [y], if it's comparable?

Thanks!
Here is the MARS official statement on proxying:

MARS Proxying Figures Policy

1) In all cases, MARS recommends that players borrow or 3d print figures of the correct sculpt first, then proxy with non-Heroscape figures, then as a last resort, proxy using Heroscape figures.

2) Typically, players may not use Classic or VC Heroscape figures to proxy other figures. Your opponent should not have to look across the table at Nagrubs and have to keep reminding themselves that they are proxying Spiders or Red Ants. There are some exceptions to this rule.
A) AoA figures prior to their release. Nobody will have real figures for an AoA event. For Example: Migol or Beorn proxying Dorim is allowed.
B) When an army includes a common unit but a player can not find enough copies for the army, the difference may be proxied by other Heroscape figures. At least 50% of the figures must be the correct figures, this will let opponents know what units they are fighting against from a glance. For Example: My army needs 4x Knights of Weston. I only own 2x and I was able to borrow a third from a friend. I am permitted to proxy the 4th squad with a squad of MacDirks. If players choose to switch dead correct figures for alive proxy figures during a game, they must remain consistent throughout the whole game.

3) Proxied figures should be close to the shape of the original figure. I realize that this makes proxying non-medium non-humanoid figures, such as the Varkaanan and Vipers, difficult. Unfortunate, but tough. Bonus if they match the theme of the original figure(s). (Past soldiers for Romans, modern soldiers for Microcorp, undead for skeletons, etc.)

4) When proxying figures that are not from waves D2 and D3, players are to take care to keep figures closer to the center of the hex, as if they had the larger diameter Heroscape base. If a line-of-sight judgement is close, judges will err on the side of ruling against the proxied figure.

5) Zombies of Morindan can never be proxied due to their very specific hit zones.

@Vydar_XLIII @gbizzy and I drafted this a few months ago, so if there are any concerns with a certain unit or army you want to run, just let me know and we can figure something out.
Old January 8th, 2024, 06:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Vydar_XLIII gbizzy and I drafted this a few months ago, so if there are any concerns with a certain unit or army you want to run, just let me know and we can figure something out.
You know I love you guys but you spent way too long on this and needlessly made it into a pain in the butt.

"MARS recommends using the original minis, whenever possible. We urge you to consider asking to borrow desired minis, rather than proxying. When proxying, choose minis that are similar in size and pose to the designated figure.

Proxies may be rejected by the TD if they are not respectful either to these principles or for any other reason by the TD. If you aren't aure, check in advance."

Something like that. Done.

I remember Hendal at GenCon just grabbing minis out a some bag or box he had and proxying freely. It was fun for him (and for the people he was lending to, for the same purpose), and - because we were all respectful to the game and to each other - we didn't need extra rules explaining how to do it fairly.

These rules you have here are heavy handed and needlessly discouraging. I encourage the three of you to revisit them. Remember, the #1 rule for running tournaments is get people to show up.

My 2c.

= =
Old January 10th, 2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Vydar_XLIII gbizzy and I drafted this a few months ago, so if there are any concerns with a certain unit or army you want to run, just let me know and we can figure something out.
You know I love you guys but you spent way too long on this and needlessly made it into a pain in the butt.

"MARS recommends using the original minis, whenever possible. We urge you to consider asking to borrow desired minis, rather than proxying. When proxying, choose minis that are similar in size and pose to the designated figure.

Proxies may be rejected by the TD if they are not respectful either to these principles or for any other reason by the TD. If you aren't aure, check in advance."

Something like that. Done.

I remember Hendal at GenCon just grabbing minis out a some bag or box he had and proxying freely. It was fun for him (and for the people he was lending to, for the same purpose), and - because we were all respectful to the game and to each other - we didn't need extra rules explaining how to do it fairly.

These rules you have here are heavy handed and needlessly discouraging. I encourage the three of you to revisit them. Remember, the #1 rule for running tournaments is get people to show up.

My 2c.
I think I can speak for Vydar and gbizzy as well when I say the #1 goal of the MARS revamp has been to welcome as many new players into the world of competitive Scape. You and I are in agreement on this, but I don't think the proxy rules inherently hurt this goal. If anything, I find excessive proxying can be a barrier to new players, as tracking which units are which can be challenging (I know I am not alone in this sentiment).

The idea behind the proxy rules was simply to strongly encourage borrowing units or 3D printing - there is no ban on proxying. Since the MARS revamp, we have seen almost no proxying. However, by borrowing figures, people (even those with limited or no collections) have been able to play the armies they want to play. In this way, I think we have managed to cultivate a welcoming scene while mainting competitive integrity of the games.

I do hear your point about streamlining the policy, and will talk to my fellow MARS colleagues about it.
Old January 10th, 2024, 03:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The barrier on the reuse of other 'Scape figures is particularly troublesome. Tarn Viking Warriors would make excellent proxies for Durgeth Ravagers, but by your policy they are forbidden. Players don't struggle that much with remembering things like that, such that a player should go look for unpainted green army men (or whatever) instead.

= =
Old January 14th, 2024, 08:47 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Excited to play Heroscape again! See y'all there in a few hours!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 14th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Excited to play Heroscape again! See y'all there in a few hours!
Let us know how you do!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events